Beacon Park

You forgot to mention the best part of the evening - sprinkles ice cream! The cap'n crunch and red velvet flavors were yum - extra long run tomorrow for cheating :)

bones said:
You forgot to mention the best part of the evening - sprinkles ice cream! The cap'n crunch and red velvet flavors were yum - extra long run tomorrow for cheating :)

my wife got two helpings of the red velvet while i mulched down the cap'n crunch one heh.

strangely toddler daughter wasnt that into them.

Irvinian81 said:
Did anyone ask about the contamination sites?

Someone asked about contamination site on high school.  Emile just said it is political issue and people are trying to make noise during election.  he also mentioned that government clear out the site using highest safety rating.  5Point will NOT put the children's life at risk with contamination site.  AND DEFINITELY irvine school board will NOT put the children's life at risk with contamination site.

there will be about 1000 house.  4 detached condo, 4 attached condo and 7 SFR.  Range from 1500 sqrt - 4800 sqrt feet.

yaliu07 said:
5Point will NOT put the children's life at risk with contamination site.  AND DEFINITELY irvine school board will NOT put the children's life at risk with contamination site.

LOL. you would like to think that. dont be naive Yaliu.

qwerty said:
yaliu07 said:
5Point will NOT put the children's life at risk with contamination site.  AND DEFINITELY irvine school board will NOT put the children's life at risk with contamination site.

that's what Emile said.  I am just quoting him.

yaliu07 said:
qwerty said:
yaliu07 said:

ah got it.

yaliu07 said:

Coming out of the mouth of the same guy who failed to tell buyers at PP that a cemetery is going to be built just across the street. He's only interested in lining his own pocket books.

The thing I dislike the most about the potential cemetary being located nearby BP is the deliberate misrepresentation of this by Five Points in their marketing material for PP. They provide a map of the proposed Greater Parks community in which the land earmarked for the cemetery is represented as a "future neighborhood". I doubt anybody reading this and using it as the basis for an important decision would consider the possibility that this means a future neighborhood for dead people! I can accept it is not yet a done deal and the decision is out of the hands of the developers but please mark that area in a way that does not mislead potential buyers.

Swordfish said:
The thing I dislike the most about the potential cemetary being located nearby BP is the deliberate misrepresentation of this by Five Points in their marketing material for PP. They provide a map of the proposed Greater Parks community in which the land earmarked for the cemetery is represented as a "future neighborhood". I doubt anybody reading this and using it as the basis for an important decision would consider the possibility that this means a future neighborhood for dead people! I can accept it is not yet a done deal and the decision is out of the hands of the developers but please mark that area in a way that does not mislead potential buyers.

To be fair, the cemetery didn't get passed before they were building PP.  That came probably in the middle of all the phases.  They still don't exactly have a spot for it.  The City still needs to come up with the money to build/maintain the cemetery.  I think the Beacon park folks would be more concerned.. or the other new communities that will open up later.  I don't think PP folks will be able to view the place from their homes. 

yaliu07 said:
there will be about 1000 house.  4 detached condo, 4 attached condo and 7 SFR.  Range from 1500 sqrt - 4800 sqrt feet.

So with only 4 detached condos, 4 attached condos, and 7 SFR's, what will the other 985 homes be?  Apartments?  Tombstones?

Sorry, couldn't help it.......

The cemetery became an issue way after PP marketing material was published.  How is Five Points supposed to retroactively update their marketing?  I am not a fan of Lennar, and by association, would not normally give Five Points benefit of the doubt.  But in this case, I find no fault in Five Points for the cemetery issue.  They're along for the ride as much as all the homebuyers in the area are.

gasman said:
The cemetery became an issue way after PP marketing material was published.  How is Five Points supposed to retroactively update their marketing?  I am not a fan of Lennar, and by association, would not normally give Five Points benefit of the doubt.  But in this case, I find no fault in Five Points for the cemetery issue.  They're along for the ride as much as all the homebuyers in the area are.

with the benefit of doubt, i will agree with you on PP marketing.  however, 5P still didn't mark "proposed cemetery" location for BP marketing. 

On the other hand, if city/5P introduce something that benefit PP resident LAST YEAR, do you think 5P will update their PP marketing  to reflect the change?

Back