Beacon Park

OCKOOLGUY said:
Last weekend i saw 108 Prospect K Hovnanian plan 1. It was at T-section hence it was a no for us. The sales lady told us they will be building bigger homes / Larger lot as compared to PP in Beacon park. She also gave a hint that pricing will be higher than PP.
I was told that 108 Prospect had no upgrades.  Irvine is becoming pricy beyond dreams.

Irvine Dream said:
Irvine is becoming pricy beyond dreams.
When was it not pricey? 2010? 2011? I've been looking since 2008 and I don't think there was ever a time when the average price on 3CWGs was below $800k.

irvinehomeowner said:
Irvine Dream said:
Irvine is becoming pricy beyond dreams.
When was it not pricey? 2010? 2011? I've been looking since 2008 and I don't think there was ever a time when the average price on 3CWGs was below $800k.

Irvine has always been pricey but for 1.4Million+ house  if you don't even get upgrades then it is pricy beyond dreams even for households that have income within the top 2% of US

OCKOOLGUY said:
Last weekend i saw 108 Prospect K Hovnanian plan 1. It was at T-section hence it was a no for us. The sales lady told us they will be building bigger homes / Larger lot as compared to PP in Beacon park. She also gave a hint that pricing will be higher than PP.

Someone told me they keep lowering the price on this house. Not reflected on redfin though. Or maybe i'm confusing this T house with the other T house in the neighborhood. They should just stop building T homes in irvine.

OCKOOLGUY said:

Beacon will have larger lots than PP?  Not sure how accurate the sitemap below is but I don't see any one cluster that seems to have large/wide/deep lots to it:
wgvki0.jpg

bones said:
OCKOOLGUY said:

Someone told me they keep lowering the price on this house. Not reflected on redfin though. Or maybe i'm confusing this T house with the other T house in the neighborhood. They should just stop building T homes in irvine.
Hi OCKOOLGUY what was the price on 108 Prospect when you viewed it last weekend? Redfin price about 1.422 million.  Is it true that is has minimal upgrades?

Irvine Dream

The pricing was same. But after talking to the sales lady i was sure they are ready for negotiation. She was Asian so when i mentioned about T-Section she smiled and said yes people who believe in Feng shui raised this concern.  I saw couple of more families coming in to see this home. Yes the upgrade is minimal. I hated the white tiles in all the bathrooms. Looked cheap for 1.4 million home. But overall home looked decent. Has a good LOT. People who don't believe in T-section can negotiate with them as this home is not selling.....

I heard that the T section is good for businesses but not good for homes.
Perhaps making it a home office will help balance out the bad voodoo ooga booga spirits.

OCKOOLGUY said:
Irvine Dream

The pricing was same. But after talking to the sales lady i was sure they are ready for negotiation. She was Asian so when i mentioned about T-Section she smiled and said yes people who believe in Feng shui raised this concern.  I saw couple of more families coming in to see this home. Yes the upgrade is minimal. I hated the white tiles in all the bathrooms. Looked cheap for 1.4 million home. But overall home looked decent. Has a good LOT. People who don't believe in T-section can negotiate with them as this home is not selling.....

Price did go down. $1.375m now on redfin.

bones said:
OCKOOLGUY said:
Irvine Dream

What was the lowest price for this floorplan?  Or is this the lowest price?  It's probably sold already. 

I wouldn't mind t-section if price is right, chance of a car plowing into your house from the street is minimal, and if it does happen:  upgrade/4K TV time! (if you survive the incident that is)

ps9 said:
bones said:
OCKOOLGUY said:
Irvine Dream

What was the lowest price for this floorplan?  Or is this the lowest price?  It's probably sold already. 

I wouldn't mind t-section if price is right, chance of a car plowing into your house from the street is minimal, and if it does happen:  upgrade/4K TV time! (if you survive the incident that is)

I think $1.25ish was the lowest.  Not sure if that bottom price includes any upgrades, but it sounds like this one on prospect has bare minimum upgrades per above poster.  The T doesn't bother me that much either but if I'm going to flip this thing in a few years, I know right off the bat, I have a narrower buyer field.  If this is my forever home, then yea, for the right price, sure.

How close is Beacon Park to the new Cemetary? I wonder if the builders realize that most Asians will refuse to live near a Cemetary, and Asians account for almost 50% of the PP new home sales. It will be interesting to see how well phase 2 of the 5 points development will do.

Refusing to live near the Cemetery is one thing, but I'm wondering what impacts there are (if any - since there may not be much anyone can do about it) of having the school near the Cemetery. How do the Asians feel about that?

I think the new school is going to be closer to the Cemetery than Beacon Park. 

Also, this being a Veterans Cemetery and being the patriotic people we are, I wonder if they will bring back the pledge of allegiance to the new school?  ;D ;D

I would think people would be more concerned about living next to a cemetery than having a school near one.

If you ask me, I would be more concerned about living people than dead ones.

#JailScarierThanCemetery

OC troll said:
How close is Beacon Park to the new Cemetary? I wonder if the builders realize that most Asians will refuse to live near a Cemetary, and Asians account for almost 50% of the PP new home sales. It will be interesting to see how well phase 2 of the 5 points development will do.

Are you lumping Indians with Asians too? If you are then that percentage should be 75%...

I've never seen so many lights being hung for Diwali in an Irvine neighborhood. 

When I visit my homie who's Indian in PP, I feel like I'm back at his 3 day wedding in Bagalore... jussayin...

Didn't include Indian, but agree if included it would be 75%. I've got a couple of buddies who are of non-Asian non-Indian hoping for a fire sale.

Back