Baker Ranch in Lake Forest / Foothill Ranch

NewIrvineBee said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
LiveAtOC said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
$730k for a Plan 3?  Wow, that is nuts.  I much rater pay a little more for a San Mateo resale.

This was second biggest lot size for Knolls. Corner and know one behind this home.
I came to know this was sold with first call the person in the priority list.
Ok, but having a 500-700sf larger lot with no neighbor behind you is not worth $70k....if it had a driveway with those things then maybe.

The sales agent said:
Most of people are from small family or young couples, so I guess most of them just have 1-2 cars. It's not a matter having a private driveway.
If some people don't have kids or kids are not ready to school. They don't need to consider staying in Irvine as a priority option.
Or some people don't like living in Irvine again.
I guess same as Orchard Hills that is on the Hill as well.  Maybe this is another bonus.
For the young couples or small family, maybe this is a good deal without MR. (Mortgage + property tax + MR + Insurance + bills) per month... they are a lot.
Some people told me Shea Home is better taste and quality on standard (option). People don't need to spend that much on upgrade.  Also, the upgrade options are much better than Irvine Pacific.
If you don't want to upgrade/customize then why buy brand new.

CV is way too crowded. And I think that's part of the reasons people chose baker ranch over CV. Seen a lot of caucasians and yound couples who showed interest in living there when I was there at the model homes. I think the Knolls attracts more non-asian groups. Asian tends to stay in CV because it's more accessible to everything.

I personally like the floor plans at the knolls over Jasmine or Jade Court in CV.  8)

Irvinecommuter said:
Section-8 4All said:
me thinks the Knolls is way overpriced and the Knolls buyers should be drug tested. 

I wonder how many will fall out of escrow?

Agree...1,600+ square feet for mid $600K in non-Irvine area?  I would much rather buy into Jasmine or Jade Court in CV.

Showing interest is a lot different from buying.

Asian, non Asian, White - how do you know who likes what?

iloveirvineoc said:
CV is way too crowded. And I think that's part of the reasons people chose baker ranch over CV. Seen a lot of caucasians and yound couples who showed interest in living there when I was there at the model homes. I think the Knolls attracts more non-asian groups. Asian tends to stay in CV because it's more accessible to everything.

I personally like the floor plans at the knolls over Jasmine or Jade Court in CV.  8)

Irvinecommuter said:
Section-8 4All said:
me thinks the Knolls is way overpriced and the Knolls buyers should be drug tested. 

I wonder how many will fall out of escrow?

Agree...1,600+ square feet for mid $600K in non-Irvine area?  I would much rather buy into Jasmine or Jade Court in CV.

iloveirvineoc said:

So far I'm the only Black Mamba in Baker Ranch!  ~ Clayton Bigsby 

For XMAS, I'm goin rap caroling holla at me.  ;D

Tyrone Biggums said:
iloveirvineoc said:

So far I'm the only Black Mamba in Baker Ranch!  ~ Clayton Bigsby 

For XMAS, I'm goin rap caroling holla at me.  ;D

Now that I can believe.  :D

eyephone said:
Showing interest is a lot different from buying.

Asian, non Asian, White - how do you know who likes what?

Will be knowing how will be liking what by next March 2015.
By that time 60% of move in will complete. Visit one weekend you will have answer. :-X

Sheahomes' standard options are way better than Irvine Pacific or Cal Pacific home. I can see why people just go for the standards without upgrade.

Buying brand new house doesn't necessarily mean that you have to do all the upgrades/customization. People may just like living in new contructed homes. I personally prefer new built homes over re-sales because I can be certain that I don't need a lot of maintenance for new houses at least for a few years.

Upgrades/customization is just another story. And it all depends on how deep your pocket is.

eyephone said:

iloveirvineoc said:
Sheahomes' standard options are way better than Irvine Pacific or Cal Pacific home. I can see why people just go for the standards without upgrade.

Buying brand new house doesn't necessarily mean that you have to do all the upgrades/customization. People may just like living in new contructed homes. I personally prefer new built homes over re-sales because I can be certain that I don't need a lot of maintenance for new houses at least for a few years.

Upgrades/customization is just another story. And it all depends on how deep your pocket is.

eyephone said:
Just my $.02

I've been struggling with comparing Shea Homes standard options vs. Irvine Pacific.  Comparing my previous IP home vs. my Shea home, it appears IP offered more standard options which I had to pay for in my Shea home.  For example, IP offered stair foot casings standard, Shea charged about $900.  IP also offered crown moldings standard in the Great Room, Shea nada.  On Shea's side, they did offer junction boxes as standard.

The quality of brands used is also a mixed bag, some Shea wins, some IP wins.  For example, my IP home used a wall mounted Lift Master Jackshaft style garage opener with automatic locks, Shea used a Genie.  Shea used a Kohler toilet vs. IP using a Sterling.  There's definitely a stronger flush in my Kohler vs. my old Sterling toilet.

One huge positive about Shea has been their customer service.  I had an independent inspection performed and Shea addressed just about every issue discovered in the report.  Since the day I closed the Customer Service rep has contacted me everyday to see how things are going.

Oh and a big win for Shea has been the build quality.  So far, I feel like the quality of Shea is like a Lexus ES vs. my IP home being like a Toyota Camry.  Hopefully, this holds true in the future.

WTTCMN said:
Tyrone Biggums said:
I've been struggling with comparing Shea Homes standard options vs. Irvine Pacific.  Comparing my previous IP home vs. my Shea home, it appears IP offered more standard options which I had to pay for in my Shea home.  For example, IP offered stair foot casings standard, Shea charged about $900.  IP also offered crown moldings standard in the Great Room, Shea nada.  On Shea's side, they did offer junction boxes as standard.

The quality of brands used is also a mixed bag, some Shea wins, some IP wins.  For example, my IP home used a wall mounted Lift Master Jackshaft style garage opener with automatic locks, Shea used a Genie.  Shea used a Kohler toilet vs. IP using a Sterling.  There's definitely a stronger flush in my Kohler vs. my old Sterling toilet.

One huge positive about Shea has been their customer service.  I had an independent inspection performed and Shea addressed just about every issue discovered in the report.  Since the day I closed the Customer Service rep has contacted me everyday to see how things are going.

Oh and a big win for Shea has been the build quality.  So far, I feel like the quality of Shea is like a Lexus ES vs. my IP home being like a Toyota Camry.  Hopefully, this holds true in the future.

I think comparing specific upgrades between builders is a tough task.  Even within the same company, it could vary.  For example, a builder may use Kohler toilets in one project but Sterling in another - even if the price points are similar.  At the Groves, we see that TNHC does white thermafoil cabinets as standard while the "cheaper" TayMo Saviero development offers something better as the standard option.  After buying several new builds - what DOES matter is the customer service both during the sales/construction process and after COE with maintenance requests/issues.

Sometimes the strength of the flush has to do more with the plumbing.. than the toilet itself. 

So LiveAtOC are you going to post the latest price list form phase release 5A?  Really curious to see what they priced those at and if they sold.

SunDevilOC said:
So LiveAtOC are you going to post the latest price list form phase release 5A?  Really curious to see what they priced those at and if they sold.

I believe all of the 5A sold to priority list buyers - but not sure. Stopped by today and price list doesn't show any of the 5A homes, but they did confirm that 5A was released.

Highlands is sold out until next phase release.

Parkview has 3 available, new phase release coming soon.

I believe Ridgewood has 4-5 available. No eta on next phase release.

Knolls is sold out, No eta on next phase release.

10(!) available at the Heights. Mostly interior location, the cul-de-sac and view lots sold.

eclipxe said:
Highlands is sold out until next phase release.

Parkview has 3 available, new phase release coming soon.

I believe Ridgewood has 4-5 available. No eta on next phase release.

Knolls is sold out, No eta on next phase release.

10(!) available at the Heights. Mostly interior location, the cul-de-sac and view lots sold.

Shea Homes Brookland sold out and good waiting list except Plan 1.

Crazy freakin' drivers cutting through BR since Alton has been closed.  Yesterday, a couple of female drivers slammed into each other, not sure how, there were no stop signs, no intersections and no traffic.  Now there's one of those mobile radar units displaying your speed. 

All this and the US mail service sucks monkey balls!

Tyrone Biggums said:
Crazy freakin' drivers cutting through BR since Alton has been closed.  Yesterday, a couple of female drivers slammed into each other, not sure how, there were no stop signs, no intersections and no traffic.  Now there's one of those mobile radar units displaying your speed. 

iHeartIrvine said:
Tyrone Biggums said:

I hear you.  In the three months since we moved to LF, I've almost been hit twice by people trying to make left turn while I am driving straight.  A stupid Asian female rear-ended me last month while I stopped at the red light on Bake (+Dimension).  I guess now I know where all the crazy drivers live. 

Welcome to LF suckas!

Back