Baker Ranch in Lake Forest / Foothill Ranch

Maybe you know this already. Consider going with a big company due to warranty and service in the future. (It makes sense, but I don?t know)

So the solar guy I know with the panels plus storage battery informed me to get a quote with the small company and then the big company will most likely match it.

eyephone said:
I was thinking about gettin solar. I saw someone have solar panels plus the battery storage.

I changed my mind due to the potential slowdown.
My thought process was if I move today would I get dollar for dollar or more for the money spent. (I came to conclusion the answer is no)

Hey, don't say slowdown. IHO will say it's only seasonal.

zubs said:
I also forgot the 6 wifi cameras surrounding the compound with internet always on.
Actually the wifi cameras are running off of solar, so they don't count.

I need a solar solution.  Should I buy or rent?

do not rent (lease).  i know you said you're never going to move, but who knows what will happen over the next 20 years.  leases are enticing because you enjoy cheaper electricity with no capital cost day one, however, most buyers don't want to inherit solar leases which may or may not be cheaper than current electricity rates 10 years from now, which puts you on the hook for the early termination fee and removal of the system (which could negate all of the savings you saw over the previous 10 years).  best bet is to own the system outright, finance it or pay cash and take the investment tax credit - which if you can have the system installed before dec. 31 you will get a quick turnaround on realizing the value of that tax credit.

zubs said:
Not likely to ever sell this house...as with all my houses....
but you never know.

You can get your feet wet (see what I did there?) by getting a solar pool power system.

Less cost and will probably relieve a good part of your bill but I don?t know what the break even on that would be.

USCTrojanCPA said:
aquabliss said:
This house has some pretty expensive upgrades and landscaping, which means a good size loss after 3yrs owning this place, and that?s if they manage to sell for ask:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Lake-Forest/42-Dogwood-92610/home/58554270

No way they get anything close to asking price.  Over $500/sf without a view lot?  I don't think so.

Martin, I actually think this would qualify as a view lot.  It's perched on a hill, no houses directly behind it.  Should look west/northwest straight out to Irvine and then the coast. Not saying I think it's worth their asking, but I'd think the view is solid, especially from the upstairs patio.

Back