Baker Ranch in Lake Forest / Foothill Ranch

Awesome! Welcome to the neighborhood. HOA does well with the events but a lot of residents are asking for less focus on events and more on amenity/pool security. We have a lot of non residents using the pools/hopping fences. Normal stuff but the HOA priorities need a bit of tweaking.

ChiKid24 said:
Garmin said:

Congrats!  Are you moving in to Bristol?  I'm down the street at Crestline.  Moved in a little over a month ago from Irvine, so not as much of a change as it will be for you I'm sure.  I love the area; all the shopping essentials are in Foothill Ranch or nearby Mission Viejo, RSM or down the street in Irvine.  Neighbors are all really nice, a lot of them are from Irvine.  Lot of helpful people in this forum as well!

We actually bought a resale in Ridgewood. We looked at a few places in irvine,  but ultimately got hung up on waiting money on mello roos. The community also feels a bit younger and more active. Are the monthly events well attended? I think it's concert in the park this month.

Congrats! We were very interested in BR as well, but ended up with Irvine. Maybe we might consider again next time for some resale also for move up. Would like to hear opinions from residents as well in a future. That no MR was very tempting. Hope Irvine does that some day...

ChiKid24 said:
Garmin said:

Congrats!  Are you moving in to Bristol?  I'm down the street at Crestline.  Moved in a little over a month ago from Irvine, so not as much of a change as it will be for you I'm sure.  I love the area; all the shopping essentials are in Foothill Ranch or nearby Mission Viejo, RSM or down the street in Irvine.  Neighbors are all really nice, a lot of them are from Irvine.  Lot of helpful people in this forum as well!

We actually bought a resale in Ridgewood. We looked at a few places in irvine,  but ultimately got hung up on waiting money on mello roos. The community also feels a bit younger and more active. Are the monthly events well attended? I think it's concert in the park this month.

I just went to the taco Tuesday event, food was really good.  People seem younger and very nice that I've met so far
I like how many events they have for sure.  Last month there was poker night

Yes the concert is coming up very soon, might be joining too  ;D

USCTrojanCPA said:
eyephone said:
ChiKid24 said:
Any BR people checking this thread? We're in escrow and excited to move in this fall.  Would love to get any thoughts, impressions of the area. Coming to OC from LA. Thanks in advance!

All I got to say. Don?t drive fast on Alton...

More cops on that road now?

Any response from the BR residents?

eyephone said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
eyephone said:
ChiKid24 said:
Any BR people checking this thread? We're in escrow and excited to move in this fall.  Would love to get any thoughts, impressions of the area. Coming to OC from LA. Thanks in advance!

Haven?t noticed more cops but people do speed wya too much.

eclipxe said:
eyephone said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
eyephone said:
ChiKid24 said:

is eyephone talking about cops or something else?

Mety said:
eclipxe said:
eyephone said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
eyephone said:
ChiKid24 said:

is eyephone talking about cops or something else?

definitely cops/speeding

Not recently but around a month ago, there were several complaints on nextdoor of people racing down alton.  I think they called it alton raceway or something like that lol..

so of course one of the posts had the cell phone number of one of the police supervisors and many people called and complained and lots of people got pulled over.  Haven't seen the cops anymore recently..

Good to know.

Also, doesn?t the speed change on that stretch?
When you drive on Alton before passing Irvine Blvd is 55 before that its 50. Then it is 60 after Irvine Blvd. Then by baker Ranch the speed limit is 55.

(Note just my observation, do not rely on my post)

eyephone said:
Good to know.

When you drive on Alton before passing Irvine Blvd is 55 before that its 50. Then it is 60 after Irvine Blvd. Then by baker Ranch the speed limit is 55.

So I heard there are multiple vehicle traffic counters on Alton. (Irvine side)

When Eyephone talks, action takes place I guess?

eyephone said:
eyephone said:
Good to know.

I(phone)PD

Congrats!!  :D

ChiKid24 said:
Garmin said:

Kings said:
eyephone said:
eyephone said:
Good to know.

I(phone)PD

Ha!  ;)

Hey folks, is the Elementary School at BR zoned to Melinda Height (as per greatshools.org) or Foothill Ranch (as per liveatbakerranch.com)?

Randy_Mann said:
Hey folks, is the Elementary School at BR zoned to Melinda Height (as per greatshools.org) or Foothill Ranch (as per liveatbakerranch.com)?

BR is zoned to Foothill Ranch Elementary.

Oh, thats good then..somehow redfin (through  greatschools.org) always shows melinda heights elementary..was the main reason stopping me from looking into BR..

irvinehomeowner said:
So to anyone who is still active on this forum and bought in Baker Ranch, how is it going?

Pros? Cons?

My wife and I decided against purchasing at Baker Ranch, but judging by the ever-increasing prices at The Rowe and on the resale prices of some of the other Baker Ranch homes, it seems like it's going very well for residents.

eddieuclabruin said:
irvinehomeowner said:
So to anyone who is still active on this forum and bought in Baker Ranch, how is it going?

Pros? Cons?

My wife and I decided against purchasing at Baker Ranch, but judging by the ever-increasing prices at The Rowe and on the resale prices of some of the other Baker Ranch homes, it seems like it's going very well for residents.

What factors stopped you from purchasing in Baker Ranch (just curious)?

USCTrojanCPA said:
eddieuclabruin said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Pros? Cons?

What factors stopped you from purchasing in Baker Ranch (just curious)?

At the time we were going through the process, we were obsessing over potential environmental hazards. We found out the home at The Rowe we were going to purchase was built on the old Ordnance Disposal Range from the El Toro base and it freaked us out enough to cancel our deposit.

Funny how on the Lake Forest part of the base, you don't have to pay Mello Roos... but on the Irvine side... you pay increasing Mello Roos.

#maxMRs

Back