Baker Ranch in Lake Forest / Foothill Ranch

Soylent Green Is People said:
Doth mine eyes deceive me?

A Baker Ranch flip already? (27 Snapdragon, MLS OC14136080)

That is builder listed (after upgrades) and was mentioned earlier in the thread. Not a flip

Soylent Green Is People said:
Has to be the case because the street the Shea home is on isn't even completely released to traditional homebuyers yet. I'd need to check the price list at the sales office as I don't recall that price point being hit, even if the home already had massive upgrades.

817 base with a lot premium and maybe 20k on upgrades. Not that massive.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/1/s/?view=att&th=1472c5df874def97&attid=0.1&disp=attd&safe=1&zw

Phase 6 knolls released today and all of them r sold..

SunDevilOC said:
We just closed today.  Sub 700, great view and yard.  15 min from Irvine.  It worked well for us but not everyone wants that extra 10 min.

Welcome to Dove Canyon! My husband also works close to Baker Ranch, and we chose Dove because of the lot sizes and the views. I had originally wanted new, and saw how teeny tiny the lots were in other areas, so we went farther east and looked in here and Coto. Looks like you got a good deal, compared to what the listing price started out as. You will love it here!

I haven't peeked at the homes in Baker Ranch yet, but I go to the rink nearby, and it would have been great to be so close to the rink - but not the jail.

Thanks cba6777.  Yeah we already love it down there.  Such a great feel and welcoming people.  Lot's a great and already landscaped more importantly :).  It just did not make sense to pay 100K more for a smaller lot in a so so location even if it was new.  What street are you on in DC?

USCTrojanCPA said:
$730k for a Plan 3?  Wow, that is nuts.  I much rater pay a little more for a San Mateo resale.

This was second biggest lot size for Knolls. Corner and know one behind this home.
I came to know this was sold with first call the person in the priority list.

me thinks the Knolls is way overpriced and the Knolls buyers should be drug tested. 

I wonder how many will fall out of escrow?

Section-8 4All said:
me thinks the Knolls is way overpriced and the Knolls buyers should be drug tested. 

Agree...1,600+ square feet for mid $600K in non-Irvine area?  I would much rather buy into Jasmine or Jade Court in CV.

Irvinecommuter said:
Section-8 4All said:

Agree...1,600+ square feet for mid $600K in non-Irvine area?  I would much rather buy into Jasmine or Jade Court in CV.

Most of the buyer?s attracted with Model/Floorplan 3 and Model/Floorplan 2.
Still good number of people in waiting list.
Majority of the buyer visited new homes in Irvine and are still buying at Baker Ranch  ;)

LiveAtOC said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Section-8 4All said:

Majority of the buyer visited new homes in Irvine and are still buying at Baker Ranch  ;)
They THINK they are getting a good deal.

LiveAtOC said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
$730k for a Plan 3?  Wow, that is nuts.  I much rater pay a little more for a San Mateo resale.

This was second biggest lot size for Knolls. Corner and know one behind this home.
Ok, but having a 500-700sf larger lot with no neighbor behind you is not worth $70k....if it had a driveway with those things then maybe. 

eyephone said:
LiveAtOC said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Section-8 4All said:

They THINK they are getting a good deal.

Or they like Baker Ranch  8)

USCTrojanCPA said:
LiveAtOC said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Ok, but having a 500-700sf larger lot with no neighbor behind you is not worth $70k....if it had a driveway with those things then maybe.

What about mello-roos in CV or PS (Jade or Jasmine). $300-360/mo, every $50/mo is about $10k in home price. That's a $60-$70k additional cost right there. 

All kidding aside, I'm glad to see the price increases at the Knolls.  I never thought I would see a Knolls home hit the $700k mark.  I guess Lot 10 - Plan 2 in Phase 9 will be the other Knolls home to go beyond $700k.  I still think it's become overpriced though, but I can't wait to move into the Ranch.  :D

Tyrone Biggums said:
All kidding aside, I'm glad to see the price increases at the Knolls.  I never thought I would see a Knolls home hit the $700k mark.  I guess Lot 10 - Plan 2 in Phase 9 will be the other Knolls home to go beyond $700k.  I still think it's become overpriced though, but I can't wait to move into the Ranch.  :D
The strong demand is driving the prices higher.  I can understand them bumping prices up every phase since they see the waitlist and all the homes being sold when they release them.  I didn't think the Plan 3s would be in the $700s until the last few phases.  Those who bought in the first few phases should be happy campers. 

Update: 49 BR homes are now ready for occupancy:

"What's been "finaled" at Baker Ranch so far? To date, the City has finaled Phase 1 of The Highlands (9 units), Phase 1 of The Knolls (9 units), Phase 1 of Ridgewood (9 units), Phase 1 of Brookland (12 units), and a partial Phase 1 of Parkland (10 units) for a total of 49 units. Finaled represents completed homes certified by the City's inspection as ready for occupancy."

- Lake Forest New Neighborhoods Facebook page

Back