Asians now are the largest group in Irvine

Don't worry.. Irvine is NOT DOOMED yet. If you are start seeing Jeffrey and Jamboree Rd written in Chinese... Yes... Irvine is SERIOUSLY DOOMED.

Compressed-Village said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
Mainlanders have bad ethics and manners. It was a result of the Communism and Cultural Revolution. It will take multiple generations to breed their bad traits out. I don't mind Asians but Mainlanders are bad news. Where ever they went they left a trail of destruction. Its just a matter of time. We have plenty of examples across the world. I have yet not seen a single success.

Does this mean Irvine is DOOMED?

BangBros said:
Can somebody enlighten me a little bit?  My history knowledge of the Chinese Cultural Revolution and Communism sucks.  They did not teach us much about that during my time in K-12 here in the US.

But what compels a generation of Chinese to behaving so badly?

My understanding is many people in China lived in severe poverty until recently.  Generally people in poverty don't devote much resources to becoming cultured, they're more focused on meeting their basic human needs like food and shelter.  It can take a few generations to learn the manners and culture many of us grew up learning from our parents. 

Money can certainly buy houses, cars, and accessories, but it doesn't buy taste or manners

BangBros said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
Mainlanders have bad ethics and manners. It was a result of the Communism and Cultural Revolution. It will take multiple generations to breed their bad traits out. I don't mind Asians but Mainlanders are bad news. Where ever they went they left a trail of destruction. Its just a matter of time. We have plenty of examples across the world. I have yet not seen a single success.

Can somebody enlighten me a little bit?  My history knowledge of the Chinese Cultural Revolution and Communism sucks.  They did not teach us much about that during my time in K-12 here in the US.

Hit the panic button? Lol

That was my limited understanding as well, the revolution was for the people (farmers, peasants, most of the country was poor), not going to have tact, etiquette and manners compared to a more civilized society. Some may learn when they come into money but many more don't.
Spit, fart, belch, blow snot in public. Pee freely. Don't believe in queues. Hopefully those will be changed when they travel and live here.

It's kinda like many Americans who travel abroad expecting everyone else to know English in the beginning but more cognizant to at least try to communicate in the native language as they travel more.

I hope Irvine becomes the next San Marino. That would be great for our real estate assets!
My kid goes to Hicks Canyon and although I would say 60% are asian there is still diversity there. His class still has a good mix of caucasian/ African American kids. I haven't seen as much hispanic though. TUSD side definitely has more diversity. I want that diversity exposure for my kids - I think they'll grow up more cultured with a diverse set of classmates/ friends. I would hate to send them to a school with 90% Asians for that reason.
At any rate don't you think most cities are segregated toward a certain ethnic background? South County/ Beach cities more caucasians, inland empire more hispanic, Irvine/ San Marino more Asian etc. What cities truly have a true sense of diversity - Santa Monica maybe?

San Marino is a very small area (less than 4 square miles) with less than 14,000 residents (hasn't grown in nearly 60 years) with a median income of nearly $150K.

There are less than 4500 homes, none of which are apartments, condos or townhomes. The smallest lot is about 4500 square feet and lots of lots are 30,000 square feet.

No fast food joints other than Starbucks are in the city. No chains other than banks.

The city has been built out for years so only way to get anything is resale and since it's so small there isn't a whole lot to choose from.

Contrast that with Irvine which is 66 square miles, soon to be 300,000 residents with a median income of $90,000.

Someone else will have to come up with how many houses, apts, condos and townhomes Irvine has but I can say for sure the density is much higher in Irvine.

Irvine isn't ever going to match the charm of a small city with no chain stores/fast food joints and it's way too big to exert much control like San Marino can. Shoot, you even have to have a permit to operate a commercial vehicle in San Marino.

Irvine is new money and huge compared to the small town of San Marino and it's old money.

I literally just meant home value wise Irvine equating to San Marino. Obviously the two cities are very different in many other ways as you point out

Damn FOBs with their $10k Hermes bags smoking near babies with no disregard.  Doesn't common sense tell you not to smoke near kids?  They need to go back to their country.  Irvine is ruined.

shadyoc said:
Damn FOBs with their $10k Hermes bags smoking near babies with no disregard.  Doesn't common sense tell you not to smoke near kids?  They need to go back to their country.  Irvine is ruined.

its not just FOBs that do this.  Where should we send all the non FOBs that do this? 

The racist tone on this website is growing and growing.  Sad really.

hello said:

Some white people, black people, brown people, purple people, orange people, red people, blue people and green people suck too.

#equality

BangBros said:

Bad boorish behavior is a survival tactic learned by the mainland Chinese masses over nearly 70 years of crazy Communist social experiments.  Over 70 million Chinese lost their lives over the past 70 years. Communism depends on harnessing the labor of the masses. Freethinking and educated people are a threat to this system.  Anyone who displayed modesty, honesty, empathy, good manners, filial piety, and other traditional Chinese values were identified as class enemies and eliminated. Same thing happened in Cambodia under Khmer Rouge. Millions of decent Chinese people were killed or fled to Taiwan, Hong Kong, USA, etc. Even those cultured Chinese who remained took on boorish behavior so they would not be seen as class enemies and could live safely under Communism. It took 3 generations of Communism to get mainland Chinese to where they are today and will take at least another 3 to get it out of their systems.

Happiness said:
BangBros said:

Bad boorish behavior is a survival tactic learned by the mainland Chinese masses over nearly 70 years of crazy Communist social experiments.  Over 70 million Chinese lost their lives over the past 70 years. Communism depends on harnessing the labor of the masses. Freethinking and educated people are a threat to this system.  Anyone who displayed modesty, honesty, empathy, good manners, filial piety, and other traditional Chinese values were identified as class enemies and eliminated. Same thing happened in Cambodia under Khmer Rouge. Millions of decent Chinese people were killed or fled to Taiwan, Hong Kong, USA, etc. Even those cultured Chinese who remained took on boorish behavior so they would not be seen as class enemies and could live safely under Communism. It took 3 generations of Communism to get mainland Chinese to where they are today and will take at least another 3 to get it out of their systems.

This is not a valid excuse.

Someone here knows about the history.

Happiness said:
BangBros said:

So my next door FCB from China most likely possesses the same behaviors. We lived next to them for 2 years and I hardly see or hear from them. HMMM could be a good thing.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Someone here knows about the history.

Happiness said:
BangBros said:

hello said:
shadyoc said:

its not just FOBs that do this.  Where should we send all the non FOBs that do this? 

Actually mostly FOBs exhibit this behavior.  Even when I'm with my kids around ABC or Caucasians, they usually have the decency to move away.  FOBs have no common decency.

hello said:
shadyoc said:

I like the racism on here.  It's awesome.  Why bottle it up?  Tell me how you really feel. 
This semi anonymous format is good for truthiness unlike FB.

And if it gets really racist around here, someone will shout it down.  There's usually a balance.

zubs said:
hello said:
shadyoc said:

I like the racism on here.  It's awesome.  Why bottle it up?  Tell me how you really feel. 
This semi anonymous format is good for truthiness unlike FB.

And if it gets really racist around here, someone will shout it down.  There's usually a balance.

The Republican nominee for President of the United States demonstrates daily that this is acceptable civilized discourse in 2016, no?

Back