Apple Watch... March 9 Announcement?

So is the watch a failure?  I only know one person in my entire circle that has one.  Is it just sold out or is the demand just not there?  I would say about 5% of my friends/family actually want one.. maybe less than that. 

jmoney74 said:
So is the watch a failure?  I only know one person in my entire circle that has one.  Is it just sold out or is the demand just not there?  I would say about 5% of my friends/family actually want one.. maybe less than that. 

I played with it at the Apple Store. It has a nice premium feel and the screen is very bright. The problem is I just don't see a compelling reason to buy one.  Also a lot of the functionality is lost if you don't have the iPhone with you.

Apple Watch sales plunge 90%

Sales of the new Apple Watch have plunged by 90% since the opening week, according to a new market-research report.

Apple AAPL, -1.07%  has been selling fewer than 20,000 watches a day in the U.S. since the initial surge in April, and on some days fewer than 10,000, according to data from Palo Alto, Calif.-based Slice Intelligence.

iPhone 1st gen also started slow, although Apple was not as much as a household name/trend setter back then.

lnc said:
Apple Watch sales plunge 90%

Sales of the new Apple Watch have plunged by 90% since the opening week, according to a new market-research report.

Apple AAPL, -1.07%  has been selling fewer than 20,000 watches a day in the U.S. since the initial surge in April, and on some days fewer than 10,000, according to data from Palo Alto, Calif.-based Slice Intelligence.

Back