Apple Watch... March 9 Announcement?

lnc said:
Look, it's already on sale at Alibaba for less than $60. :)

Imitation Apple Watches already on sale on Alibaba?s Taobao
MW-DH511_apple__20150312001301_ZH.jpg

$60 watch? I just bought one for IHO :)

the iiWatch has better features than the Apple Watch
- can run Android
- 120 hr battery life

the reason Apple is the highest valuation company in the world is because they are able to sell very high margin items to the (foolish) masses; the Apple Watch will be high margin, but the volume probably will not be there. won't be surprised if iPads will outsell the Apple Watch

The California Court Company said:
- can run Android
- 120 hr battery life

the reason Apple is the highest valuation company in the world is because they are able to sell very high margin items to the (foolish) masses; the Apple Watch will be high margin, but the volume probably will not be there. won't be surprised if iPads will outsell the Apple Watch

High margins and products that work very well. I used to have android phones.

irvinehomeowner said:
bones said:
$60 watch? I just bought one for IHO :)
Good thing you bought it for me... because I wouldn't spend $60 on a watch. :)

$60= cost to feed the IHO family for one meal at burtzilla. Watch sounds like a better investment.

The California Court Company said:
- can run Android
- 120 hr battery life

Yeah better features, but the battery for the fake watch might overheat. (Just saying, who knows yo)

3BC2B43E-50AE-4A2F-93FA-EF69E5CCB864_zps6avebd3d.png

So who's ready?  I like the space black link bracelet, but if the band is more than an iPad, that's a no go.  Gonna go with the sport 42mm Apple watch with black sport band for $400.  And keep an eye out for aftermarket bands.  Spend an extra $200 for the stainless steel watch is too much IMO.  Aluminum is just as good.

If you want to try it on and play with it first before pre-ordering... can do that starting April 10...
http://www.techradar.com/us/news/we...atch-for-15-minutes-starting-april-10-1289470

If you want to try the Apple Watch before you buy, personal shopping-style appointments will be available to book from April 10 and will commence later the same day.

An Apple Store representative confirmed to TechRadar that all UK stores will be taking part while 9To5Mac confirmed US stores will be hosting appointments from the same date.

It isn't currently clear if Apple Stores in other countries will be offering the same service.

You won't necessarily need an appointment to try on the Apple Watch as it'll be available on a stand, much like other Apple products, but it's recommended if you want some extended time with the device.

Try before you buy

Each appointment will be 15 minutes long with 30 minute long appointments for those looking to purchase the higher price Apple Watch Edition range.

What isn't clear is if you'll be able to pre-order the device when trying it on. It won't officially go on sale until April 24 which means it'll be two weeks after the try-on appointments begin.

So who's waiting up to pre-order?  thanks to all the bad reviews, I'm gonna go with the apple sport watch.  Had my heart set on the apple stainless steel with milanese loop.. but for $700 and mediocre reviews.. I will have to pass.  $400 for the 42mm sport with the black aluminum and band. 

For those buying:

Didn't find a single cashback site that offers cashback on the apple watch.  I recommend going with your AMEX card to extend the warranty by an additional year.  Citi double cash card also extends the warranty by 1 year.  But I believe if SHTF for your watch, getting coverage thru AMEX will be the easiest versus any other route.  Remember I got my iPhone replaced by AMEX, no questions asked, no receipts required, no affidavit needed to sign. 

Ordered at 12:08, 4-6 weeks ship, expected arrival 5/13-5/27! 

Got the space gray 42 mm with cheap plastic band for $400.  Looks like all 42mm watches are 4-6 weeks.  The stainless steel with the black casing and link bracelet for $1100 is now pushed out to July.  Lots of the gold edition watches also have ship dates pushed out to June/July.

ps9 said:
Ordered at 12:08, 4-6 weeks ship, expected arrival 5/13-5/27! 

Got the space gray 42 mm with cheap plastic band for $400.  Looks like all 42mm watches are 4-6 weeks.  The stainless steel with the black casing and link bracelet for $1100 is now pushed out to July.  Lots of the gold edition watches also have ship dates pushed out to June/July.

Maybe I should get one.

Back