Anyone getting the iPhone 7 ?

That's why I prefer clear cases... or cases with cool designs on it.

I don't really care how my phone looks that much, more concerned about its performance and reception.

irvinehomeowner said:

I don't really care how my phone looks that much, more concerned about its performance and reception.
I agree.  I was really speaking to those who care about how the phone looks.  (and I've been that person at least once, though not with any smartphones)

I'd rather see more battery life and better reception than most other features.  I also think the phones are thin enough.  There's no need to make them thinner at the expense of battery life at this point...

spootieho said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I agree.  I was really speaking to those who care about how the phone looks.  (and I've been that person at least once, though not with any smartphones)

I'd rather see more battery life and better reception than most other features.  I also think the phones are thin enough.  There's no need to make them thinner at the expense of battery life at this point...

Apple should hit the redo button for the iPhone 7. The removal of the traditional headphone jack, the design of the air pod, and no VR capability like Samsung.

irvinehomeowner said:
Last year:
6s 16gb $549 Plus $649
6s 64gb $649 Plus $749
6s 128gb $749 Plus $849

I'm pretty sure those were not the starting prices last year for the 6s/6s+. Everything was $100 more than you list. The cheapest 6s was $649 with 16GB and the cheapest 6s+ was $749 with 16GB. For this year, the cheapest 7 is $649 and the cheapest 7+ is $769, but they come with 32GB now.

JT said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Last year:
6s 16gb $549 Plus $649
6s 64gb $649 Plus $749
6s 128gb $749 Plus $849

I'm pretty sure those were not the starting prices last year for the 6s/6s+. Everything was $100 more than you list. The cheapest 6s was $649 with 16GB and the cheapest 6s+ was $749 with 16GB. For this year, the cheapest 7 is $649 and the cheapest 7+ is $769, but they come with 32GB now.

I think you're right. I was mixing it up with the dropped prices of the 6 last year.

It makes more sense to start at $649 for the newest phone although that's so crazy.

One thing the iPhone 7 has going for it now is that all the new Samsung Galaxy Note 7's are recalled as many of them are exploding.  They aren't allowed on planes and nobody will get a replacement for over a month.  Fortunately Samsung is loaning people temporary phones if needed.

Tried an Irvine AT&T store this morning at 8am, not a single Plus (in any color) available.

It was a small line, and they were handing out vouchers so it made it more organized.

The IntarWebz says the best chance to get a Plus is at the carrier stores but it wasn't the case for me.

My order still has October shipping on it... bleh... maybe we'll find one at an Apple store next week.

Mine's (plus) arriving on Monday according to tracking  ;D

For reference, I did the preorder at 8 Am when it started...wanted the jet black but it said November delivery lol so just picked another color

preorder said September 27-28 delivery but I'll take it!

Went to 2 different Apple stores yesterday and the Pluses are indeed hard to find. They had regular 7s (except Jet Black).

Luckily just got an email that my Oct 7 pre-order is actually arriving on Tuesday, so it looks like they are filling pre-orders faster than estimates.

What shocked me is no Apple Watch Series 2 at the Apple stores, even the $900+ ones. Maybe we'll just order one online and hope for faster fulfillment than 2 weeks like the 7.

irvinehomeowner said:
Went to 2 different Apple stores yesterday and the Pluses are indeed hard to find. They had regular 7s (except Jet Black).

Luckily just got an email that my Oct 7 pre-order is actually arriving on Tuesday, so it looks like they are filling pre-orders faster than estimates.

What shocked me is no Apple Watch Series 2 at the Apple stores, even the $900+ ones. Maybe we'll just order one online and hope for faster fulfillment than 2 weeks like the 7.

which stores?

irvinehomeowner said:
peppy said:
which stores?

The 2 closest Apple stores... South Coast and Spectrum.

I talked to the security guard at the south coast one (walked by after closing time) - he made it sound like they had none at the store. Then again, he was the security guard.

Back