All 4 IUSD high schools are in the top 100

SoCal said:
Wait. Are bones and WTTCHMN still the same member? Color me confused. Will the real bones please step forward.

Bones here!  What's up?  And WWTCHMN isn't me. I was WWTCMN before. I guess I could whine and complain to TI and the admin about someone "copying" one of my handles but I really don't care.  So WWTCHMN, post away. I enjoy reading your posts :)

Irvinecommuter said:

...only to be rewarded with a likely matchup against KD and Russell Westbrook in round one.  They may want to consider throwing some games to avoid the 1 seed.  Maybe they should try to acquire Kobe; I hear when he is in the lineup your chances of losing increase by like 50%.

PatrickStar said:
Irvinecommuter said:

...only to be rewarded with a likely matchup against KD and Russell Westbrook in round one.  They may want to consider throwing some games to avoid the 1 seed.  Maybe they should try to acquire Kobe; I hear when he is in the lineup your chances of losing increase by like 50%.

Maybe you should talk to James Harden and Dwight Howard about your sour grapes. 

PStar - you haven't missed much here...just a bunch of Mike2010Collection folks left.

IHS - although misunderstood my most on this board, your advice back then helped a lot of folks including myself.

haiku said:
...just a bunch of Mike2010Collection folks left.
Hehe... another blast from the past... haiku and Mike.

Whatever happened to the amusement park Mike was going to build in his backyard with all of his wife's money?

Do ppl set up alerts so when their name gets mentioned, they get notified?  Do others set up alerts so when certain people post, they get notified?  Mad quick cameos!

haiku said:
PStar - you haven't missed much here...just a bunch of Mike2010Collection folks left.

IHS - although misunderstood my most on this board, your advice back then helped a lot of folks including myself.

Ah, Magic Mike. You know not long ago I had the occasion to drive down Sand Canyon while visiting some friends. Knowing that Mike was going to build his $1M tropical backyard within 15 feet of the trash trucks rumbling down Sand Canyon, I slowed down to see if I could get a look at the fruits of his wild spending spree. Not being able to see anything, I figured he must have cashed in on his 2010 palace and reinvested the gains (along with some additional financial help from his father-in-law) into a newer and better place in Cypress Village.  Of course that is the most logical destination as he seemed to like road noise, and Cypress literally on top of the freeway, after all.

Patstar - how is it possible your daughter is on the jr dance team for the clippers? isnt she 50% white? :)

irvinehomeowner said:
haiku said:
...just a bunch of Mike2010Collection folks left.
Hehe... another blast from the past... haiku and Mike.

Whatever happened to the amusement park Mike was going to build in his backyard with all of his wife's money?

I'm pretty sure my haiku alias was banned/blocked from this site...guess it expires after a few years? Or maybe cause IR no longer cares since it seems Trojanman jacked most of the business here minus IHO the window shopper.

Hey wttchmn, you are pretty right on with my blonde hair and blue contacts. Obviously you haven't been around long enough my tone have not altered the last 8 years. I am predictable, consistent and genuinely authentic. If you want your comment to be credible stop the chameleon ninja screen names.   

BTW, this is about the most exciting thread in the last few years. The echo chamber is boring, comments are uninspiring, you guys are a bunch of followers driving away the thinkers and leaders.

irvinehomeshopper said:
BTW, this is about the most exciting thread in the last few years. The echo chamber is boring, comments are uninspiring, you guys are a bunch of followers driving away the thinkers and leaders.

Followers of what? 

I don't get this need to bash Irvine so much...somehow liking Irvine makes one a follower?

Eh. PStar's family would have probably done just as well in Irvine/Tustin Ranch, just like Panda and SoCal, we all have to defend our decisions to leave Unicorn Land or else why bother?

But PStar would have missed a few things if he didn't move:

1. The 3CWG life
2. The view lot life
3. The pantsless backyard
4. Converting from Lakers to Clippers
5. Saving money

If we could have moved to either TRanch or SouthOC for a significant cost difference that covered the inconvenience facter, we probably would have done it.

But living very close to where you work and your kids go to school has an even more significant value to us.

As for Irvine bashing... haters gonna hate. IHS just posts for the reaction, he loves Irvine (and FCBs), he just doesn't like to admit it.

irvinehomeowner said:
Eh. PStar's family would have probably done just as well in Irvine/Tustin Ranch, just like Panda and SoCal, we all have to defend our decisions to leave Unicorn Land or else why bother?

1. The 3CWG life
2. The view lot life
5. Saving money

If we could have moved to either TRanch or SouthOC for a significant cost difference that covered the inconvenience facter, we probably would have done it.

But living very close to where you work and your kids go to school has an even more significant value to us.

As for Irvine bashing... haters gonna hate. IHS just posts for the reaction, he loves Irvine (and FCBs), he just doesn't like to admit it.

For the record, I never did and never will hate Irvine. We still have may good friends from there, and see them often.  Even seeing some this weekend.  I have nothing against anyone who lives there. 

I think when IHS talks about "followers" he means people that are single-minded that Irvine is ONLY possible way to go from an education standpoint, and will make extraordinary sacrifices in standard of living for that ONE way, without considering any alternatives.  And if one can comfortably afford the Irvine premium and still achieve the standard of living you aspire to, that's great --- more power to you. But if one is sacrificing something else important to live in Irvine simply because they believe the public schools are somehow magical, that is simply not the case. IHS is just saying there are many, many viable alternatives --- alternatives where you might be able to achieve all goals, school and otherwise.  But don't mistake me, I hold no ill feelings toward the city or any of its residents.  Just that something else worked for us.

PatrickStar said:
irvinehomeowner said:

1. The 3CWG life
2. The view lot life
5. Saving money

For the record, I never did and never will hate Irvine. We still have may good friends from there, and see them often.  Even seeing some this weekend.  I have nothing against anyone who lives there. 

I think when IHS talks about "followers" he means people that are single-minded that Irvine is ONLY possible way to go from an education standpoint, and will make extraordinary sacrifices in standard of living for that ONE way, without considering any alternatives.  And if one can comfortably afford the Irvine premium and still achieve the standard of living you aspire to, that's great --- more power to you. But if one is sacrificing something else important to live in Irvine simply because they believe the public schools are somehow magical, that is simply not the case. IHS is just saying there are many, many viable alternatives --- alternatives where you might be able to achieve all goals, school and otherwise.  But don't mistake me, I hold no ill feelings toward the city or any of its residents.  Just that something else worked for us.

I don't think Irvine USD is magical but it is an excellent school district.  Irvine has also a lot of non-educational benefits.  I don't think anyone comes here just for the schools. 

Back