A

Gates are more about creating the perception of exclusivity. This adds some value to resale to a community while also providing another layer of security for residents.

In general I view home security like auto security. If a professional thief wants your car they will take it. It is just about increasing the hassle factor to the point they will pick an easier target.

Ways to increase the hassle factor for your home:
1) Put out signs in front of home indicating you have an alarm system
2) Prominently place fake or real video cameras around home
3) Place signage indicating you have a dangerous dog in the home
4) Place large size shoes near entry
5) Have system in place to indicate someone is home: music playing, TV on, interior lights on timers etc...
6) Install motion activated lights near walkways/entry areas

Hopefully if you do all of this, the thief will move on to somewhere else.

SoCal said:
irvinehomeowner said:
iacrenter said:
So that's why no one robs our house.

Woah! Mrs. Iho sounds like a real brute!!

yeah rumor has it IHOs shoe size is like a 7.  Qwerty = 6 ft tall = 14 shoe size. 10.5 inch hands, do you see the pattern in the size of the extremeties :)

qwerty said:
SoCal said:
irvinehomeowner said:
iacrenter said:
So that's why no one robs our house.

Woah! Mrs. Iho sounds like a real brute!!

yeah rumor has it IHOs shoe size is like a 7.  Qwerty = 6 ft tall = 14 shoe size. 10.5 inch hands, do you see the pattern in the size of the extremeties :)

Qwerty, are you seriously a size 14 shoe?!? Wow! That's pretty big even for a guy six foot tall. Do you have to order shoes online or go to special shops to find your size? Correct me if I'm wrong but I think many stores only go up to a 13. I was kind of concerned about that because my son is already wearing a men's 9.5!... and he just turned 11! He still has so much growing left to do!! I don't know what the hell I'm going to do for shoes in a few years! You'll have to help give this mommy some tips! I have one male friend who is a size 15 and he says it's hard to find decent shoes. 

No. My shoe size is actually 12 :-(

I was just trying to make myself look better relative to IHO :)

qwerty said:
No. My shoe size is actually 12 :-(

I was just trying to make myself look better relative to IHO :)

So... that means the part about 10.5" hands is also not true?

6 feet tall... not true?

Annnd... all extremities... not true?!

Just saw a fist fight in the Woodbury Town Center parking lot.  Looks like parking lot rage between two "likes to fight" guys.  A few bystanders were yelling at them to stop.  Each got in a few good shots before they stopped.

No post-fight interviews available  ;D

jayl23 said:
Just saw a fist fight in the Woodbury Town Center parking lot.  Looks like parking lot rage between two "likes to fight" guys.  A few bystanders were yelling at them to stop.  Each got in a few good shots before they stopped.

I wonder if it's the same idiots who were chasing each other with their Audi and Prius on Culver today. Damn fools almost caused me to hit them. They cut me off doing an illegal u turn at a light. Road rage in Irivne.

jayl23 said:
Just saw a fist fight in the Woodbury Town Center parking lot.  Looks like parking lot rage between two "likes to fight" guys.  A few bystanders were yelling at them to stop.  Each got in a few good shots before .

Was this asian on asian crime or race wars?

qwerty said:
jayl23 said:
Just saw a fist fight in the Woodbury Town Center parking lot.  Looks like parking lot rage between two "likes to fight" guys.  A few bystanders were yelling at them to stop.  Each got in a few good shots before .

Was this asian on asian crime or race wars?

Looked like two middle aged white/latino guys, didn't get a good look since I was just a drive-by observer.

And iacrenter, don't think they were driving Audi/Prius, looked more like beatup sedans.

iacrenter said:
jayl23 said:

I wonder if it's the same idiots who were chasing each other with their Audi and Prius on Culver today. Damn fools almost caused me to hit them. They cut me off doing an illegal u turn at a light. Road rage in Irivne.

Saw them too, pulled into north park guard gate, the Prius tried to follow a car in on the residents side, almost broke thru.  Maybe it's OS and Irvine Dream :)

Back