4K LED TV Recommendation???

aquabliss said:
Homie my only regret is that I didn't get an 85"... This set is for a rather large room and I was debating between 65" and 75", I can't imagine how tiny it would be if I went 65"... If you're buying for a large size room I'd go 85"... though it is quite a bit more $$$...

A neighbor of mine got the 86" from Costco and it really fills in the wall; however, for my everyday Netflix use, a 75" TV will suffice.

irvinehomeowner said:
Just buy a projector and make the whole wall your TV.

Considered it but just not into it, still doesn't look great in the day time.  I want to be able to watch football in the afternoon with the shades and windows open and have a nice bright, clear picture.  Room darkening in the daytime is really a downer.

aquabliss said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Just buy a projector and make the whole wall your TV.

Considered it but just not into it, still doesn't look great in the day time.  I want to be able to watch football in the afternoon with the shades and windows open and have a nice bright, clear picture.  Room darkening in the daytime is really a downer.

I'm jelly... that 75 inch must be noiccceeeeeee.

bumping up this old thread

does anyone know if wall bracket points (width) now are standard across all new LED type TVs - so lets say I buy a 65" Samsung LED TV for my living room , realize it is too small for the large area and end up swapping it for an 85" Sony  LED  -- will I need to move the brackets out again. 

Also for TV wall mount  instals -- has anyone used Best Buy services ?  Or just going with your local handy man (as we have done so far ) is probably ok ?

thanks

VESA standard?  I think you will need to look up the VESA standard on both TVs. 

A quick search found Samsung 65" with 400x400 and Sony 85" with 400x300. 

Your mount should support multiple standards, but you probably don't have the details for that.  I'd guess that it supports both. 

fortune11 said:

does anyone know if wall bracket points (width) now are standard across all new LED type TVs - so lets say I buy a 65" Samsung LED TV for my living room , realize it is too small for the large area and end up swapping it for an 85" Sony  LED  -- will I need to move the brackets out again. 

Also for TV wall mount  instals -- has anyone used Best Buy services ?  Or just going with your local handy man (as we have done so far ) is probably ok ?

thanks

You won't need to move the bracket. Just keep all the screws they give you so you can put them on the new tv.

jmoney74 said:
fortune11 said:

thanks

You won't need to move the bracket. Just keep all the screws they give you so you can put them on the new tv.

Hmmm not likely the mount would work, there aren't many wall mounts for 85" TV's, there's hundreds of options for 50-65".  Like others said it's based on the VESA standard so you'de have to check.

I'm not the handiest guy but wall mounting a TV is one thing I can manage myself.  It's probably easier than you think.

aquabliss said:
jmoney74 said:
fortune11 said:

thanks

Hmmm not likely the mount would work, there aren't many wall mounts for 85" TV's, there's hundreds of options for 50-65".  Like others said it's based on the VESA standard so you'de have to check.

I'm not the handiest guy but wall mounting a TV is one thing I can manage myself.  It's probably easier than you think.

Bunch of them now and they range from 45-85 inch for some brackets.

Just make sure the weight requirement on your current mount is okay for the 85". The VESA pattern should fit.

I think the mount for our 46" will fit on a 65" (which actually weighs less because our old 46" is heavy).

Burn That Belly said:
Why buy 4K when 8K is coming out? Seriously in 2020. It'll be the future of in-home VR. We all have to upgrade once again.

When would 8K content even be available?  4K finally will come in next year.

I think VR is all hoopla.. nobody wants to wear those headsets. 

fortune11 said:

thanks

They have centered and non-centered mounting patterns on the back of TVs.  Non-center is lower.  You may have to move the wall brackets, so it all depends.

Take a look at the TV mount height-finder tool from Sanus, a brand Best Buy carries.  http://shop.sanus.com/en_US/  When you get to step#5, you'll see what I'm talking about.

-Doug

Back