4K LED TV Recommendation???

Which ever brand you choose, go the Costco and Squaretrade is the best route. I speak from personal experience. In 5 years or less, if items break, you essential get the full money back.

Trust me...
http://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-OLED65C6P-oled-4k-tv

I bought his from Frys not that long ago for 2499 with no sales tax and free install with the purchase of a mount... OLED is the future and it's amazing! Don't buy warranty from frys and second to the Squaretrade from Costco.

The Price is the same as the one mentioned earlier the 77 inch version is 15g... but the 65 is big enough.

Do keep in mind this is the 2016 version the biggest difference between the 2016 and 2017 version is ...

25% brighter in highlights
2% better coverage of DCI/P3 color (from 97% to 99%)
Compatible with Technicolor and HLG HDR formats
"Active HDR" mode
Technicolor picture mode
Dolby Atmos sound

None of them made that big of a difference in pictrure for me to spend another 1500 for the new version...

newtoirvine2017 said:
Trust me...
http://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-OLED65C6P-oled-4k-tv

I bought his from Frys not that long ago for 2499 with no sales tax and free install with the purchase of a mount... OLED is the future and it's amazing! Don't buy warranty from frys and second to the Squaretrade from Costco.

The Price is the same as the one mentioned earlier the 77 inch version is 15g... but the 65 is big enough.

Do keep in mind this is the 2016 version the biggest difference between the 2016 and 2017 version is ...

25% brighter in highlights
2% better coverage of DCI/P3 color (from 97% to 99%)
Compatible with Technicolor and HLG HDR formats
"Active HDR" mode
Technicolor picture mode
Dolby Atmos sound

None of them made that big of a difference in pictrure for me to spend another 1500 for the new version...

I've never understood the appeal of a curved display ...

irvinehomeowner said:
peppy said:
I've never understood the appeal of a curved display ...

Supposedly good viewing from any angle, but I think you have to be at a certain distance to optimize this.

If anything, might only be better when viewed at the sweet spot. I find that it distorts horizontal lines on the sides (they seem to curve up/down).

On the OLEDs it's a quite a premium to go flat. It seems to me that people do not want curved. Is this a marketing gimmick that backfired?

irvinehomeowner said:
Supposedly good viewing from any angle, but I think you have to be at a certain distance to optimize this.
Geometry doesn't work that way.  The angle to view from would be less.  Sure, you can see half the screen more from other angles, but flat would give you the most visible from any angle.

Curved screens have a focal point that you should be near to maximize it's benefit.

peppy said:
On the OLEDs it's a quite a premium to go flat. It seems to me that people do not want curved. Is this a marketing gimmick that backfired?
I don't know how much of a gimmick it is.  There is probably some benefit to curved the larger the screen is.  That said, I think it's pretty unnecessary for home TVs.

I assume it has a lot more benefit on desktop computers where you have a pretty guaranteed focal point.

irvinehomeowner said:
Plus they look funny mounted on a wall.

The curve on this TV is actually not very big and you can't tell at all from the front. The 3D is passive glasses and it's actually amazing check it out at frys if you hadvn't it's pretty awesome

If you use Ebates there is an 8% cash back.

How Ebates work?
Sign in Ebates and click the link to go to the dell web page. Then purchase the item. Then after a day or so (maybe a couple days, they have a process to verify the purchase) then the amount will show in your Ebates account. Then ebaes will mail you a check.

For icing on the cake, your credit card might give you rewards also.

I have purchased 3 Vizio big screen TV's to date, for my home and the in-law's.  The oldest is 4 years and all 3 still work just fine after daily use.  However the 4 year old model is no longer supported by youtube casting from mobile device to TV, which is not a big deal (just plug in a chrome cast device).

Vizio is located here in Irvine on Tesla Drive, which is convenient for warranty repairs but their reviews are mixed.  If you buy from Costco the extended 5 year warranty is cheap, but again, the extended warranty portion with squaretrade has mixed reviews.

If you're buying a Vizio at 1/2 the price of a Samsung, you should adjust your expectations accordingly.

Still you can see it's in their 6 series line which is so so quality.

jmoney74 said:

J$ why you gotta go and do that, I was all set to buy now I'm having second thoughts.  I need to find this thing on display somewhere.

Can you even see that much of a difference between brands/lines? Does 4k even matter?

I have a 52" that's almost 10 years old and it's watchable.

But I have old eyes so I guess I can't tell.

aquabliss said:
jmoney74 said:

J$ why you gotta go and do that, I was all set to buy now I'm having second thoughts.  I need to find this thing on display somewhere.

LOL.. looking out for you.  You watch sports right?  Gotta go 7 series and above for Samsung and LG.  I find that when you go below this the TV kind of blurs a tad with fast motion and the colors just aren't as rich. 

All TVs will be 4K but there is barely any content.  Probably will have more by next year or so. 

jmoney74 said:
aquabliss said:
jmoney74 said:

LOL.. looking out for you.  You watch sports right?  Gotta go 7 series and above for Samsung and LG.  I find that when you go below this the TV kind of blurs a tad with fast motion and the colors just aren't as rich. 

All TVs will be 4K but there is barely any content.  Probably will have more by next year or so. 

Man, I see the 7 series at Best Buy for $1,999 but it says not available for shipping and no stores around have it .... ugh.http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung...ra-hd-tv-silver-black/3938599.p?skuId=3938599

Back