4K LED TV Recommendation???

There is a 75" for $1799 with no sales tax at Frys (http://images.frys.com/art/email/052817_sun258tgb/sun_web.html?fb). Maybe worth checking in store the model.

You need Sunday's promo code for it.

marmott said:
There is a 75" for $1799 with no sales tax at Frys (http://images.frys.com/art/email/052817_sun258tgb/sun_web.html?fb). Maybe worth checking in store the model.

You need Sunday's promo code for it.

Hey thanks marmott.  Went to Frys this morning and took 5 guys forever to figure out which TV is listed in the ad.  Turns out it's this one:http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-75-c...h-dynamic-range-black/5792800.p?skuId=5792800
http://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-75SJ8570-4k-uhd-tv

Anyhow, the first guy I talked to seemed to think they were out of stock, tried to sell me a floor model and started talking to me about other available products.  I saw his screen though and could tell other stores had this set in stock (Anaheim, San Diego).. This was at the FV Frys.

Anyway, headed over to Best Buy and they actually had this same model on display, price was $2,999 and they wouldn't budge or price match.  At that point I thought maybe Fry's had made a mistake as the Best Buy guys said there's no way they could be selling this 2017 model 75" for that price.

So, headed back to Frys for the heck of it and talked to a different guy.  This guy was much easier to work with and pulled up the same model, applied the promo code and went down to $1,799.  It did have tax though, couldn't argue that one ad says plus tax as well.  Anyhow, paid for the TV and delivery is end of next week.

Nice deal, and kudos to you for willing to deal with Fry's.  Did you see the 65" oled for $2100? 

Aqua- was that deal only for Sunday's?  People at frys are no help and said there's no way that 75" LG you listed is the one  ::)

Homer_Simpson said:
Aqua- was that deal only for Sunday's?  People at frys are no help and said there's no way that 75" LG you listed is the one  ::)

Sorry guys for the late reply.  I know the CSR's at Fry's aren't much help, they all give  different answers to the same questions.  I also thought they may have made a mistake on that model - when I tried to get the same deal online it took off only $500 from $2,999 using my promo code - but when they entered my code in store it took off $1,200 from  $2,999 using the same code.  Sounds weird but I saw it with my own eyes.

Anyhow, I don't have the TV yet so there's still a chance this whole thing goes up in smoke.  It's supposed to be delivered tomorrow night so we'll see if it comes or not...

aquabliss said:
Homer_Simpson said:

Sorry guys for the late reply.  I know the CSR's at Fry's aren't much help, they all give  different answers to the same questions.  I also thought they may have made a mistake on that model - when I tried to get the same deal online it took off only $500 from $2,999 using my promo code - but when they entered my code in store it took off $1,200 from  $2,999 using the same code.  Sounds weird but I saw it with my own eyes.

Anyhow, I don't have the TV yet so there's still a chance this whole thing goes up in smoke.  It's supposed to be delivered tomorrow night so we'll see if it comes or not...

Don't worry. The deal is legit. Fry's has a couple huge loss leaders they run every once in a while that are instore only.

I scored a great deal on a Denon receiver that goes for 1500 that fry's marks down to 799 every couple months. It's a pain getting them sometimes because the CSRs are a joke - they sold my reserved unit and I had to wait a couple weeks for them to source from another store. Worth the hassle for the most part.

If you want to try to get in on these deals, go to Slickdeals.net. They will post them ahead of time and ID the specific model. People will order for pickup the day before the sale goes live and apply the promo code when they pick up the item. 

The promotion is back today, $1799 and it looks like they are paying the sales tax. Store only so not possible to know if it's the same TV.

marmott said:
The promotion is back today, $1799 and it looks like they are paying the sales tax. Store only so not possible to know if it's the same TV.

If you look at the ad it does say "Plus Tax" for this particular TV so you'll still have to pay the tax.  I thought the same thing when I got mine but the guy showed me where it says Plus Tax in the ad, so no go.http://images.frys.com/art/email/060217_fri011set/fri_web.html?promocode=1991716#set3

Probably will be the same TV, but not sure they have any in stock.  My delivery got delayed now until Saturday night.

Finally received my Fry's LG 75" (model number as described) and got it up and running last night.  She's beautiful, been watching a lot of 4k content on YouTube, Netflix 4k content has only a couple shows I like.  Someone posted Superbowl highlights in 4k on YouTube and I was drooling.

Anyhow it's a great set if anyone sees the deal come up again and can get it - I'd recommend it.  The LG 2017 OS and Magic Remote work quite well together.  I rarely use a TV's own remote but this one is probably the exception.

aquabliss said:
Finally received my Fry's LG 75" (model number as described) and got it up and running last night.  She's beautiful, been watching a lot of 4k content on YouTube, Netflix 4k content has only a couple shows I like.  Someone posted Superbowl highlights in 4k on YouTube and I was drooling.

Anyhow it's a great set if anyone sees the deal come up again and can get it - I'd recommend it.  The LG 2017 OS and Magic Remote work quite well together.  I rarely use a TV's own remote but this one is probably the exception.

Glad you are enjoying the TV.  I was hoping to get the same TV and deal but they don't have any in stock in the surrounding area. 

I'll keep any eye on similar deals.

Homie my only regret is that I didn't get an 85"... This set is for a rather large room and I was debating between 65" and 75", I can't imagine how tiny it would be if I went 65"... If you're buying for a large size room I'd go 85"... though it is quite a bit more $$$...

Back