3-Car Garage Homes

eyephone said:
momopi said:
There's an old townhome construction in Fullerton that had 4 car garages (2x2 tandem).

The location is not in the ideal location above Malvern street in Fullerton.

What's wrong with above Malvern area?
Another former toxic wasted land?

Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
B2FiNiTY said:
Wow. I?m drooling.  That soccer field to the left kinda sucks though.

That's actually Springbrook Elementary's open field. You can spin it as a gigantic side yard.

I'm not sure if the owner added on to the left side of the house to make that a 2-car instead of a 1-car garage. I've been watching it for years hoping it would go on the market so I could at least tour it.

So the owner extended the garage? How did you know?

For me, I would rather have more living space than somewhere for cars or junks. I would have turned one of the garage spaces into game room or something.

I don't know, I just know that floorplan is not a 4-car garage.

Possibly, this may have been a model home and they used that space for the sales office. Usually the model homes are near the entrance to the tract and this looks like a good street for that.

Who knows, that 2nd 2-car garage may be a game room... that's why I have been hoping they would sell so I can lookie-loo it.

Now that my kids are getting older, a 4-car garage might actually be more useful. My neighbor parks his kids cars on his driveway and even in front of my house. :(

I don't know about most of you, but parking in your garage is just so much better for heat/elements (we hardly get rain).

irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
B2FiNiTY said:
Wow. I?m drooling.  That soccer field to the left kinda sucks though.

That's actually Springbrook Elementary's open field. You can spin it as a gigantic side yard.

I'm not sure if the owner added on to the left side of the house to make that a 2-car instead of a 1-car garage. I've been watching it for years hoping it would go on the market so I could at least tour it.

So the owner extended the garage? How did you know?

For me, I would rather have more living space than somewhere for cars or junks. I would have turned one of the garage spaces into game room or something.

I don't know, I just know that floorplan is not a 4-car garage.

Possibly, this may have been a model home and they used that space for the sales office. Usually the model homes are near the entrance to the tract and this looks like a good street for that.

Who knows, that 2nd 2-car garage may be a game room... that's why I have been hoping they would sell so I can lookie-loo it.

Now that my kids are getting older, a 4-car garage might actually be more useful. My neighbor parks his kids cars on his driveway and even in front of my house. :(

I don't know about most of you, but parking in your garage is just so much better for heat/elements (we hardly get rain).

That's why you should live where there is no driveway so that no one can block you.  ;D

If you bought your car then yeah, keeping in a garage makes more sense since it will protect you car more.

If leased, not so much love is needed I guess. I still park in our garage, but I just don't like the smell. That's why I'm thinking Tesla and Prius. 8)

Mety said:

Generally speaking areas north of Malvern/Chapman up the hill is considered premium, versus areas south of Commonwealth is considered lower end.  Specific to the ex-Hughes plant, the  Amerige Heights housing tract that now sits on top was argued to be contaminated from aerospace.  Residents of Irvine may be familiar with the chemical dichloroethylene and trichloroethylene from El Toro:
https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2000-sep-20-me-23865-story.html

The concerns were over-ruled and the homes & commercial district was built on top.  I almost bought a condo/townhome here in early 2000's but opted to buy in Placentia instead.

Earlier, another golf course home development had built over the McColl dump site off Rosecrans, which was later declared Federal Superfund cleanup site that was contaminated with refinery waste:
https://www.ocwd.com/media/6239/fullerton-observer-north-basin.pdf

I've lived in Buena Park, Fullerton, Placentia, and Anaheim.  Used to work in Brea and went to school at Kramer Jr High, Fullerton JC and CSUF.  If anyone has questions about this area I can try to answer them.

Mety said:
eyephone said:
momopi said:
There's an old townhome construction in Fullerton that had 4 car garages (2x2 tandem).

The location is not in the ideal location above Malvern street in Fullerton.

Not to do with toxic land at all. The houses that are assigned to Sunny Hills high school are nice. There are newish homes. The community looks like it could be ?like? a village in Irvine. (hoa, landscaping, parks, ?tennis courts?)

Also, near by are shops and restaurants (I want to say that make Daimond Plaza look like a piece of cake according to another member on TI)

momopi said:
Mety said:

Generally speaking areas north of Malvern/Chapman up the hill is considered premium, versus areas south of Commonwealth is considered lower end.  Specific to the ex-Hughes plant, the  Amerige Heights housing tract that now sits on top was argued to be contaminated from aerospace.  Residents of Irvine may be familiar with the chemical dichloroethylene and trichloroethylene from El Toro:

The concerns were over-ruled and the homes & commercial district was built on top.  I almost bought a condo/townhome here in early 2000's but opted to buy in Placentia instead.

Earlier, another golf course home development had built over the McColl dump site off Rosecrans, which was later declared Federal Superfund cleanup site that was contaminated with refinery waste:

I've lived in Buena Park, Fullerton, Placentia, and Anaheim.  Used to work in Brea and went to school at Kramer Jr High, Fullerton JC and CSUF.  If anyone has questions about this area I can try to answer them.

So this Amerige Heights was like GP area back then, huh? Debating whether it was ok to build on top of a former toxic wasted land or not. Makes me think all these newer homes were built by corrupted people. I mean Fullerton, Tustin, Irvine, even Newport, all these areas have dealt with building homes on top of lands with chemical concerns. Interesting though that all these specific areas have been bought with lots of FCBs. Maybe it was a whole show to make money out of foreigners since they might not care as much from investment purposes as oppose to the real residents who actually live there.

Mety said:
momopi said:
Mety said:

So this Amerige Heights was like GP area back then, huh? Debating whether it was ok to build on top of a former toxic wasted land or not. Makes me think all these newer homes were built by corrupted people. I mean Fullerton, Tustin, Irvine, even Newport, all these areas have dealt with building homes on top of lands with chemical concerns. Interesting though that all these specific areas have been bought with lots of FCBs. Maybe it was a whole show to make money out of foreigners since they might not care as much from investment purposes as oppose to the real residents who actually live there.

But it has retail connected not like PS. (Target, Starbucks, Ross, Soup Plantation, Albertsons, Barnes and Nobles, McDonalds, KFC/Taco Bell) Also, 5 min drive there are like 3 Asian (Korean) markets across each other.

eyephone said:
Mety said:
momopi said:
Mety said:

But it has retail connected not like PS. (Target, Starbucks, Ross, Soup Plantation, Albertsons, Barnes and Nobles, McDonalds, KFC/Taco Bell) Also, 5 min drive there are like 3 Asian (Korean) markets across each other.

Exactly. The builders targeted Asian buyers. Nothing wrong with that. But there are much wrong when the American builders built on top of toxic waste just to get Asian's money. Then they complaint about how America is affected by Asians (in a bad way). What goes around comes around.

God bless forgive America.

I used to live in Buena Park by Beach & Malvern.  The land was said to have been a landfill from early 20th century.  There were some soil/foundation issues where the door frames of the home would shift slightly over the years, making it difficult to close some interior doors on 2F.

For Amerige Heights in Fullerton, the better SFR residential areas are further up the hill, vs town-homes and commercial area is down hill.  Logically speaking if there are chemical contamination, they should flow down hill or down stream in underground water table (like El Toro -> Woodbridge).  This area is fairly popular with well to do Koreans running away from Garden Grove.

For whatever reason the ethnic Koreans found it difficult to lease commercial centers in Fullerton, so they tend to open businesses in Buena Park next door.  There are 3 Korean supermarkets at corner of Beach & Malvern/La Mirada Blvd.  Back when Super 1 / Hannam first opened many years ago they had a great food court, but has declined with tough competition from the newer H Mart center across the street.

If you go further up on La Mirada Blvd from this intersection, the areas north of Biola University / La Mirada Regional Park has a little creek that runs along residential area with 4 bed SFR's.  They built this area into nice small "Oak Creek Park" that runs along the creek (looks better than Oak Park's creek bed area here in Irvine).  If you buy a home here you have a nice park right behind your backyard.  See photo:https://www.redfin.com/CA/La-Mirada/13113-Oakwood-Ln-90638/home/7769283

Walking distance to the supermarket and home depot.

Further north from here there is another (bigger) creek bed park area that will receive a makeover:http://www.cityoflamirada.org/depar...l-improvement-projects/creek-park-master-plan

If you bought a home here (more expensive) you have an even nicer backyard view of the larger 26 acre park:https://www.redfin.com/CA/La-Mirada/15505-Surrey-Ln-90638/home/7764530

The two small creek bed parks usually do not show up on maps and is kinda hidden.  Nearby is the 100 acre La Mirada regional park with lake, and La Mirada golf course next to it.  There are some homes right next to the regional park and golf course as well:  https://www.redfin.com/CA/La-Mirada/15290-Greenworth-Dr-90638/home/7769746https://www.redfin.com/CA/La-Mirada/13239-Alderwood-St-90638/home/7769329

From this area it's about 10-12 min drive to Norwalk Train Station, Buena Park train station, or I-5 freeway.

USCTrojanCPA said:
aquabliss said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
aquabliss said:
Didn?t know Irvine had 3CW garage attached homes.  This looks like a duplex and both units have 3CW garage:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/2-Titan-92603/unit-30/home/5710890

Those are called paired SFRs and are very common in Turtle Rock and University Park. 

Do you know if they have attached walls?  Also noticed it?s listed as SFR.

Yes, they are typically attached at the garage.

Do these carry a master insurance then? Who's responsible for the roof?

Cares said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
aquabliss said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
aquabliss said:
Didn?t know Irvine had 3CW garage attached homes.  This looks like a duplex and both units have 3CW garage:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/2-Titan-92603/unit-30/home/5710890

Those are called paired SFRs and are very common in Turtle Rock and University Park. 

Do you know if they have attached walls?  Also noticed it?s listed as SFR.

Yes, they are typically attached at the garage.

Do these carry a master insurance then? Who's responsible for the roof?

For these paired homes, the building insurance and roof will be covered by the sub-HOA hence why the HOA is so high.

Back