2018 Housing Prices, what are the indications?

Happiness said:
qwerty said:
Yeah but things are different now. Before the schools were an issue. Now the elementary is open and middle/school is opening in 2020. Now there is a local shopping center with a grocery store in addition to the district. More restaurants are coming to the corner of red hill/barranca (tustin flight? Always forget the name). They have actually broken ground on the veteran sports park.

Things change. Tustin legacy now and in 2006 are entirely different. I?m not saying it will sell faster than irvine. I?m saying it will sell fast because it?s a cheaper alternative, that outside of the name irvine, is very similar to irvine. Irvine will probably always be the better brand. Not arguing that.  But there is no denying TL has is closing the gap.
Tustin Legacy is an awesome place to live, work, and shop and will only get better as the amenities and new homes get built out. These are not the fantastical empty promises like the ones constantly made about the Great Park, TL's practical amenities are actually going to get built. Considering Myford, Peters Canyon, Hicks Canyon, Pioneer, Orchard Hills, Beckman, etc. there is absolutely no doubt TL schools will be excellent. TL is conveniently located in the heart of OC near the 55/5/405 unlike some far flung "Irvine" neighborhoods, it is not attractive to Communists as a place to parachute in their kids and money, no coyote attacks, just a great all American place to live. And it's literally right across the street (Jamboree, Barranca) from Irvine.

I do like the location and proximity to shopping etc.  Plus the big sky type / open views could be nice. But  ... Er ... care to enlighten us (or at least me) , that Orchard Hills and Great Park neighborhoods are not " All-American" .... maybe they are at least half American ? 

Happiness said:
qwerty said:
Yeah but things are different now. Before the schools were an issue. Now the elementary is open and middle/school is opening in 2020. Now there is a local shopping center with a grocery store in addition to the district. More restaurants are coming to the corner of red hill/barranca (tustin flight? Always forget the name). They have actually broken ground on the veteran sports park.

Things change. Tustin legacy now and in 2006 are entirely different. I?m not saying it will sell faster than irvine. I?m saying it will sell fast because it?s a cheaper alternative, that outside of the name irvine, is very similar to irvine. Irvine will probably always be the better brand. Not arguing that.  But there is no denying TL has is closing the gap.
Tustin Legacy is an awesome place to live, work, and shop and will only get better as the amenities and new homes get built out. These are not the fantastical empty promises like the ones constantly made about the Great Park, TL's practical amenities are actually going to get built. Considering Myford, Peters Canyon, Hicks Canyon, Pioneer, Orchard Hills, Beckman, etc. there is absolutely no doubt TL schools will be excellent. TL is conveniently located in the heart of OC near the 55/5/405 unlike some far flung "Irvine" neighborhoods, it is not attractive to Communists as a place to parachute in their kids and money, no coyote attacks, just a great all American place to live. And it's literally right across the street (Jamboree, Barranca) from Irvine.

I agree this is a great location.  The only negative I had on the newer homes already in place was the downwind (when winds are out of the southwest) location of Construction Circle, in Irvine.  There are a few concrete batch plants and a smelly Waste Management transfer station.  I?m sure some owners have smelled those odors at times. 

qwerty said:
I guess we will agree to disagree on the value of the school and local grocery store. Given Asians and high earners that would buy in TL value education so much not sure how you can say having a school not having a school is no big difference. And having lived here for 5 years without a grocery store and having to drive to Ralph?s in Tustin ranch vs driving across the street is a big difference in convenience.

Went to Board & Brew yesterday and I think that shopping center is great.  I was surprised by the number of restaurants and it really has everything you need. 

We were in escrow in TL and WB in 2012 and decided to stick with WB because we could imagine walking with the kids to the shopping center and not having to feel isolated.  There were other reasons as well that TL wasn't as appealing but the lack of anything nearby and definitely nothing walking distance was a big turn off. That shopping center and additional build out will help TL.

Happiness said:
qwerty said:

Uh... considering TL has been planned for years now, there have been many "fantastical empty promises". Not sure what history you are looking at but I think GP's schools got built faster than TL's... does TL have a high school that is open yet?

I get it, there is preference for where you live, but don't get the facts twisted. Or maybe I'm wrong and Sensational1 can come in here and correct me.

irvinehomeowner said:
Happiness said:
qwerty said:

Uh... considering TL has been planned for years now, there have been many "fantastical empty promises". Not sure what history you are looking at but I think GP's schools got built faster than TL's... does TL have a high school that is open yet?

I get it, there is preference for where you live, but don't get the facts twisted. Or maybe I'm wrong and Sensational1 can come in here and correct me.
TL never claimed it was going to be have a a two-mile long man-made canyon, a lake to rival Central Park, world class museums and botanical garden to rival Balboa Park, and other outlandish promises.
It's a matter of personal preference I guess. If I were an avid soccer player, I'd probably like GP more but I personally find a nearby Costco and $1.50 hot dogs more suited to my lifestyle.

TL is all american alright... with its $6 flat browns, $5 cruffins and the biggest/baddest Mexican as its head cheerleader!

Burn That Belly said:
$1.50 hot dogs is processed meat. That stuff will shave years off your lifespan.

"Processed meat contains various chemical compounds that are not naturally present in fresh meat. Many of these compounds are harmful to health. For this reason, eating a lot of processed meat products for a long period (years or decades) may increase the risk of chronic disease, especially cancer."

Is "Happiness" looking to become "Sadness" one day?  ;)
I can't tell what Arby's roast "beef" or Burger King and Jack in the Box taco "meat" is made out of but it sure tastes good.

Happiness said:
Burn That Belly said:
$1.50 hot dogs is processed meat. That stuff will shave years off your lifespan.

"Processed meat contains various chemical compounds that are not naturally present in fresh meat. Many of these compounds are harmful to health. For this reason, eating a lot of processed meat products for a long period (years or decades) may increase the risk of chronic disease, especially cancer."

Is "Happiness" looking to become "Sadness" one day?  ;)
I can't tell what Arby's roast "beef" or Burger King and Jack in the Box taco "meat" is made out of but it sure tastes good.

Sometimes it's better not knowing....ignorance is bliss.  haha

Happiness said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Happiness said:
qwerty said:

TL never claimed it was going to be have a a two-mile long man-made canyon, a lake to rival Central Park, world class museums and botanical garden to rival Balboa Park, and other outlandish promises.
It's a matter of personal preference I guess. If I were an avid soccer player, I'd probably like GP more but I personally find a nearby Costco and $1.50 hot dogs more suited to my lifestyle.

I notice you didn?t mention the schools.

I think you need to review the original plans for Tustin Legacy, you might find some commonality with the Great Park.

And what is the new plan for those eyesore hangers? Another Michael Jackson post-mortem video?

I think what happiness is saying is the plans have not necessarily changed like they have with the great park. They have definitely been delayed, no argument about that.

irvinehomeowner said:
And what is the new plan for those eyesore hangers? Another Michael Jackson post-mortem video?

Those aren't eyesores, they are historical landmarks waiting for the appropriate use. The Tustin hangars are one of two pairs built by the US Navy in California during the Great Depression, the other pair is in Silicon Valley at Moffett Field which straddles Sunnyvale and Mountain View. That is why there is a street in TL called Moffett, to honor their Silicon Valley siblings. Google leased the Moffet hangars in 2014 for $1.6 billion and spent $200 million to refurbish them for tech research. No reason why that can't happen in TL. I have friends who live in Sunnyvale and they love the hangars, definitely not an eyesore.

It?s only an eyesore because it?s in Tustin. If it was in Irvine IHO would have pics of him up on his walls standing next to the historic beauties :)

I would prefer they just knock them down, the northern hangar has a caved in roof that has been sitting there for almost two years, maybe a little longer. But there are a lot of people who do want them to stay due to their history (tallest wood structures on west coast)

qwerty said:
I think what happiness is saying is the plans have not necessarily changed like they have with the great park. They have definitely been delayed, no argument about that.

Wow... Tustin blinders.

Go check the original plan, it?s changed.

If the hangars weren?t so close to homes they wouldn?t be eyesores.

Was the new animal shelter part of the original TL plans?

irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:

Wow... Tustin blinders.

You are taking things quite literally. I don?t know if the plans have changed. They probably have. But TL didn?t promise to challenge Central Park. The great park did.

Irvine blinders. Just let it go man. We know you love irvine. Doesn?t mean you always have to put neighboring cities down.  You probably got ?TIC 4 Life? tatood on your lower back :)

And we know BTB has Donald Bren on his lower back.

qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:

Wow... Tustin blinders.

You are taking things quite literally. I don?t know if the plans have changed. They probably have. But TL didn?t promise to challenge Central Park. The great park did.

Irvine blinders. Just let it go man. We know you love irvine. Doesn?t mean you always have to put neighboring cities down.  You probably got ?TIC 4 Life? tatood on your lower back :)

And we know BTB has Donald Bren on his lower back.

Hold on Hyundai Apologist.

I didn?t make the comparison between GP and TL, Happiness did and I just wanted to get the facts right.

If I recall correctly, the same group of people who originally planned TL (Lennar and another builder I think) were the ones who abandoned it and then concentrated on GP. Do you wonder why?

You?re the one who claims TL can compete with Irvine and when I tell you how it doesn?t, you claim it?s just me and i worship Bren. The truth is, in the time Greenwood took to sell through, several Irvine hoods sold through many more homes, even at higher price points. Now unless BTB and I bought all those homes, this shows there are a lot more people who would rather get a Toyota/Lexus than a Hyundai/Genesis. :)

Back