2018 Housing Prices, what are the indications?

Cmon guys let it go. No has said they are good for real estate values. They have said don?t knock them down because of their history. I would prefer they were torn down. I personally don?t care for them. I?m guessing the majority of the TL resdidents would prefer they go down.

eyephone said:
I think TL is decent now with the new shopping center.

I agree.

But not ?Irvine decent?.  :)

Since Happiness brought up the GP comparison, at least in Pavilion Park you can grow fruit in the ground. How do you like them non-toxic apples? :) :)

irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:

I agree.

Since Happiness brought up the GP comparison, at least in Pavilion Park you can grow fruit in the ground. How do you like them non-toxic apples? :) :)

Now it?s all coming back to me. IHO has always been and continues to be jealous of my glow in the dark limes

qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:

I agree.

Now it?s all coming back to me. IHO has always been and continues to be jealous of my glow in the dark limes

(qwerty) - No more free tax advice IHO  ;)

qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:

I agree.

And the super muscular calves!!!

#qwercrush

Airships are the coolest machines ever built. They represented the Golden Age of Travel where travelers donned black tie instead of wife beaters. There are only five airship hangars left in America. It would be a crime against history to tear two of them down. Google thought enough about the ones at Moffett to spend $200 million restoring the pair.

h98039.jpg

Come to I think of it, TL might be a good location due to the shopping/entertainment near by. Also, by Costco gas. (Cheap gas is always a plus)

eyephone said:
Come to I think of it, TL might be a good location due to the shopping/entertainment near by. Also, by Costco gas. (Cheap gas is always a plus)

Except for the long lines to get gas.  I'll pay the extra .10-.20 per gallon with my 5% off PenFed credit card to not have to wait.  haha

USCTrojanCPA said:
eyephone said:

If you go early or late the line should be shorter.
Except for the long lines to get gas.  I'll pay the extra .10-.20 per gallon with my 5% off PenFed credit card to not have to wait.  haha

Burn That Belly said:
Happiness said:
Airships are the coolest machines ever built. They represented the Golden Age of Travel where travelers donned black tie instead of wife beaters. There are only five airship hangars left in America. It would be a crime against history to tear two of them down. Google thought enough about the ones at Moffett to spend $200 million restoring the pair.

Again. Still in denial. Nobody cares about these things. Anything that gets in the way of appreciation and equity is an enemy and must be destroyed. This is 2018. The people want their BMWs, their red bottoms, their iPhoneX, their 85" TVs, their 3CWGs, their weed, crystal, coke, and their equity and appreciation. They don't want an eyesore/appreciation-killing machine. It doesn't make them "feel good" in any possible way.

The City should restore the hangars and turn them into a destination marketplace similar to the SF Ferry Building.

bd15240096f321c16c6898c94b8aa030.jpg

Burn That Belly said:
The people want their BMWs, their red bottoms, their iPhoneX, their 85" TVs, their 3CWGs, their weed, crystal, coke, and their equity and appreciation.

Uh, bad news for Irvine... Nobody wants to pay $1,000 for an iPhone that does the same old crap as a cheaper one.

The iPhone X's $1,000 price tag scared everyone away
Yet another report suggests that Apple is cutting production volumes of the iPhone X. The price of the phone is probably to blame.

Since launch, consumers I've talked to have always called it the "$1,000 iPhone." It costs even more if you want storage, and friends I've spoken with have suggested they've either settled on the cheaper iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus, or are waiting to see what Apple does next year instead.

It's bizarre, since it's the best iPhone I've ever used.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/30/the-iphone-x-price-scared-everyone-away--commentary.html

You could almost imagine the guy writing this article is IHO writing about Irvine.

I love Irvine, but not overpriced iPhone X Irvine (aka Laguna Altura).

I probably will never buy a new Irvine home because they took away my headphone jack... the 3CWG.

irvinehomeowner said:
I love Irvine, but not overpriced iPhone X Irvine (aka Laguna Altura).

I probably will never buy a new Irvine home because they took away my headphone jack... the 3CWG.

As much as you and I complained about Laguna Altura back in the day, no one can deny the significant appreciation over the years. In hindsight it was a relative bargain. I wish my current iPhone X would have the same ROI. ;)

not sure how accurate but at the present moment there is literally only a handful of homes for sale that are under 1 million. seems even tighter supply on the low to medium end of the market that USC mentioned seems to be the case.

Burn That Belly said:
shahshah said:
not sure how accurate but at the present moment there is literally only a handful of homes for sale that are under 1 million. seems even tighter supply on the low to medium end of the market that USC mentioned seems to be the case.

If you look closely, there are still good starter 3 bedroom homes in great locations at a great price that won't break the bank. You just have to give up a little but again, this is a starter home. Not forever home.
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/206-Kempton-92620/home/58557334

Is it considered acceptable to market a home as a "3 bedroom" when the county records have it as a 2 bedroom?  If you're buying a home that is marketed like this one as a "3 bedroom", does the appraiser use comps for other "true" 3 bedroom homes?  Or do they appraise the home as a 2 bedroom, which it technically is?

Oh boy, a starter home with 2 bedrooms where 3x the monthly payment with 33% down is higher than the median income of the city. Such affordability!

Back