2018 Housing Prices, what are the indications?

Burn That Belly said:
Irvine is a brand now. It's the iPhone X. It's the BMW. It's the red bottoms. It's the A5 grade Japanese Black Wagyu.

Lol, I am pretty sure the people in Newport Beach and Laguna Beach don't think of your Eastwood Village condo as an iPhone X. More like a shiny gold plated Motorola RAZR.

Population growth in those areas has been limited by housing stock. Only Lake Forest has seen similar growth because of Baker Ranch. Rapid growth does not equal sustainable velocity in any way, shape, or form. At some point the pace levels out as everything gets built out to completion.

Sticking to the thread subject - anyone relying on Zillow for their real estate data should seriously consider other resources for their information. 1.2% isn't even the rate of inflation (not that we would or would not see pricing rise to equal inflation rate). That number is equal in challenge as predicting the sun coming up tomorrow AM. It's noise, not data.

My .02c

SGIP

Irvine has achieved critical mass - i.e. hard to replicate environment of great schools, great food options, beach proximity and relatively recent cohort of homes.  I dont think FCB interest will wane anytime soon.

There were many people who were shocked when Toll began selling homes at 2-3mm, now the resales in those areas are 4+ mm.  Yes, this is still Irvine we are talking about not Newport Coast. 

And as to 1.2% that sounds overly scientific .  why not 1.1% or 1.4 %.  It just a number some housing tech's regression chart cooked up. 

more believable had it been a range.  IMO , if the economy really heats up , I think we could see double digits gains even from here before things enter a plateau or mild correction

It has all to do with wage growth and job security confidence  (ease of quitting your current job and finding a new one) - that is the last leg in an expansion .  everything has to line up perfectly before the hiring and wage boom happens which may be the case now in 2018.  we will see .

Kings said:
Burn That Belly said:
Irvine is a brand now. It's the iPhone X. It's the BMW. It's the red bottoms. It's the A5 grade Japanese Black Wagyu.

Can we all get new haircuts so people know we're from Irvine?

1e0023783edd61931931acebabb1213a

You just have to zoom in:

33vnfio.jpg

qwerty said:
Irvine is a brand? Perhaps in China. What a fucking joke. What circles do you run in that people would be impressed by telling them you live in irvine? There are tons of people with money outside of irvine. In every Orange County city. 

Of course it's a brand.

Irvine is like Toyota, Newport is like Mercedes and Tustin is Hyundai.

Don't be mad because you live in a Sonata. :)

irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:
Irvine is a brand? Perhaps in China. What a fucking joke. What circles do you run in that people would be impressed by telling them you live in irvine? There are tons of people with money outside of irvine. In every Orange County city. 

Of course it's a brand.

I suppose Huntington Beach is a raised truck then.

Lol - as if a Toyota was better than a Hyundai.

Just let me know when you want to swing by and look at my 3 car garage :)

Liar Loan said:
irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:

Of course it's a brand.

I think that's Riverside County.

HB is more like a muscle car... Mustang... convertible for the beach. :)

qwerty said:
Lol - as if a Toyota was better than a Hyundai.
They are close, like Irvine and Tustin... but Irvine has better brand awareness and more on the road like Toyota.

If that's a euphemism for your "bat"... pass.

Real 3CGW are in the front.... and have a driveway.

#BOOM

irvinehomeowner said:
Liar Loan said:
irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:

Of course it's a brand.

I think that's Riverside County.

HB is more like a muscle car... Mustang... convertible for the beach. :)

I've always thought of Riverside / HB as sister cities, but I guess you're right that HB has a good classic car scene too.

Liar Loan said:
irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:

Of course it's a brand.

Irvine = BMW/Audi/Mercedes
Newport Coast/Laguna Beach/CDM = Maserati, Rolls Royce, etc
Tustin/North OC = Toyota/Honda/Hyundia

If that's a euphemism for your "bat"... pass.

Real 3CGW are in the front.... and have a driveway.

#BOOM
[/quote]

Yeah but it still has the same space inside. You should see our cabinets and racks, so much storage that is unused. And with just two cars there is plenty of room for a treadmill and bench. We can even do an arm workout in front of the floor to ceiling mirror

Or i can swing by your two car garage if you have a similar setup :)

Hah. But still not the same space outside. You can park 6 cars if you had a real 3CWG w/ driveway.

Can you set up a hoop in the alley? That would be okay.

And you know I sold my 2CG a while ago, after all these years and posts about the benefits of space for at least 3 cars, do you really think I would end up with a 2CG?

I thought you only worked your calves? :)

Burn That Belly said:
Lallo said:
And here lies the problem for a lot of people. Everyone believes they deserve this or that. Who cares about saving for retirement right?  Live within your means, buy a modest home with a comfortable payment, save for the future but also enjoy the present. Don?t worry about what others think. For all you know, they are up to their eyeballs in debt.

It may be the iphone X, the BMW, the red bottoms, but it aint no A5 grade Japanese Black Wagyu.  Thats Newport Coast... LOL

qwerty said:

...where I'm from the people have what we call "Cerritositis".  That is, even if they live next to Cerritos (Lakewood) they like to tell people that they live in Cerritos, the center of their universe.  If you discuss locations they automatically refer to distance and direction from Cerritos as the center of all creation.  Even after graduating from college they want to go back and buy a house there.

In contrast, people I know who grew up in Irvine wanted to move because back when they were growing up in Irvine there was nothing to do here.

Momo good one haha, there?s a few people at my work with Cerritositis but never thought of it that way until you mentioned it.

momopi said:
qwerty said:

...where I'm from the people have what we call "Cerritositis".  That is, even if they live next to Cerritos (Lakewood) they like to tell people that they live in Cerritos, the center of their universe.  If you discuss locations they automatically refer to distance and direction from Cerritos as the center of all creation.  Even after graduating from college they want to go back and buy a house there.

In contrast, people I know who grew up in Irvine wanted to move because back when they were growing up in Irvine there was nothing to do here.

I think Irvine is now more interesting than Cerritos. I agree that it was pretty boring when I was in high school but there has been a lot of retail growth here. Don't get me wrong, I like Cerritos as well (for car purchases, the mall is nice, etc) but Irvine and the surrounding area have come into their own with increased commercial growth. NB: when talking about Irvine I'm also including adjacent cities.

Back