Would you stoop so low as to eat at McDonalds?

[quote author="WINEX" date=1219195639]Green Cactus, if you are looking for a nickname for McCain, McBain is a much better choice.</blockquote>

Rainier Wolfcastle doesn't deserve that kind of insult. Although I could go with McLane (same cowboy style of dealing with conflicts I guess - Yippie-ki-yay, MF and all). BTW, McSame returns about 1/2 mill google hits. So according to your own logic, it should be fitting.

[quote author="WINEX" date=1219197252]Trust me Graphrix, it would be very easy to post much worse material about Obambi. This is a light-hearted poll. Nothing more, nothing less.

Also, I hope I won't shatter any delusions you may harbor when I tell you that what you think of me doesn't really matter to me. Feel free to call President Bush or John McCain anything you want. It won't really bother me. However, if you are going to use derogatory names about them (or anyone else), I would suggest that you find something a little more clever.</blockquote>

I think the simplicity of dipsh*t and McCrap sum up rather nicely how simple and closed minded they are and their voters. Neither one of them deserve any more clever creativity than that. Are you going to whine for the next four years when McCrap is left doing nothing but paid speeches and writing a book?

[quote author="WINEX" date=1219197635]Do you mean McClain? (As in John McClain from the Diehard series) If so, that's not bad. I kind of like it.</blockquote>

Nope, it's McClane. <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McClane">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McClane</a>

[quote author="graphrix" date=1219198042][quote author="WINEX" date=1219197252]Trust me Graphrix, it would be very easy to post much worse material about Obambi. This is a light-hearted poll. Nothing more, nothing less.

Also, I hope I won't shatter any delusions you may harbor when I tell you that what you think of me doesn't really matter to me. Feel free to call President Bush or John McCain anything you want. It won't really bother me. However, if you are going to use derogatory names about them (or anyone else), I would suggest that you find something a little more clever.</blockquote>

I think the simplicity of dipsh*t and McCrap sum up rather nicely how simple and closed minded they are and their voters. Neither one of them deserve any more clever creativity than that. Are you going to whine for the next four years when McCrap is left doing nothing but paid speeches and writing a book?</blockquote>

Well I guess that's the best you can come up with.

Also, FYI, I won't be voting for McClane. I voted for him in 1986 and vowed to never repeat the mistake again.

Unfortunately we are faced with the evil of two lessors in this election.

While I certainly hope for the sake of our country that Obambi doesn't win, the only person I can vote for in November is Barr. (Feel free to come up with a derogatory name for him if it makes you feel better)

There was clearly a political undercurrent to this thread from the get-go... I'm pretty sure you can't find arugula at McDonalds or Applebee's. I still like the poll/thread.

To be perfectly honest with you, when I first heard about the arugula comment, I had to look it up. I had no idea what it was. I've never been to Whole Foods, but I do make the kind of money that allows me to afford Applebee's!

you know i was excited thinking this was going to be a discussion about applebees vs mcdonalds. politics schmolitics. its all anyone is going to talk and hear about for the next 3 months. i come to IHB for the jibber jabber!

[quote author="tmare" date=1219201198]How about McLame?</blockquote>

Personally I wouldn't think of making fun of a handicap that someone developed while being held as a POW.

[quote author="acpme" date=1219202021]you know i was excited thinking this was going to be a discussion about applebees vs mcdonalds. politics schmolitics. its all anyone is going to talk and hear about for the next 3 months. i come to IHB for the jibber jabber!</blockquote>

Feel free to talk about either. Or even Chili's if you want to mix things up.

[quote author="graphrix" date=1219196916][By the way, I like many others here have had enough of you calling Obama Obambi, so from now on I will just refer to W as dipsh*t and McCain as McCrap until you stop. Boy... are you going to be better for the next four years.</blockquote>

I'll second that Obambi rhetoric has become quite trite.

<snip>

On second thought, I greatly appreciate the giant self-imposed warning sticker on the note to ignore all content.

You know back on topic... I have never eaten at Applebee's. I am curious to try it since the same female executive that turned around IHOP was taking charge of revamping the menu and generally trying to make it somewhat more upscale/hip.

[quote author="WINEX" date=1219198302]I stand corrected. (But I was thrown off by the missing "C" in the post that Green Cactus made)</blockquote> I swallowed that C ... my Die Hard knowledge is fading away. Some glorious quotes that might as well have come from McCain :

"Nine million terrorists in the world and I gotta kill one with feet smaller than my sister."

"Cigarettes. They're well-financed and very slick." (on Europeans)

"Now you listen to me jerk-off, if you're not a part of the solution, you're a part of the problem."

"You're a racist! You don't like me because I'm white! "

"I know I'm not as smart as you guys at all this computer shit. But, hey... I'm still alive, ain't I?"

[quote author="green_cactus" date=1219202715][quote author="WINEX" date=1219198302]I stand corrected. (But I was thrown off by the missing "C" in the post that Green Cactus made)</blockquote> I swallowed that C ... my Die Hard knowledge is fading away. Some glorious quotes that might as well have come from McCain :

"Nine million terrorists in the world and I gotta kill one with feet smaller than my sister."

"Cigarettes. They're well-financed and very slick." (on Europeans)

"Now you listen to me jerk-off, if you're not a part of the solution, you're a part of the problem."

"You're a racist! You don't like me because I'm white! "

"I know I'm not as smart as you guys at all this computer shit. But, hey... I'm still alive, ain't I?"</blockquote>

Don't forget what McCain always says when a new Republican registers to vote - "Welcome to the party pal".

I grab lunch there a few times a week...I get my staple of 2 Grilled Snack Wraps (Salsa Roja), a small fry with no salt, and small diet coke with one BBQ sauce (I love it). It's no Ruths Chris, but it hits the spot and is relatively healthy. I used to love their fried apple pies as a kid, but when they went to the baked crap I stopped eating it.

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1219213390]I grab lunch there a few times a week...I get my staple of 2 Grilled Snack Wraps (Salsa Roja), a small fry with no salt, and small diet coke with one BBQ sauce (I love it). It's no Ruths Chris, but it hits the spot and is relatively healthy. I used to love their fried apple pies as a kid, but when they went to the baked crap I stopped eating it.</blockquote>

Talk about an artery hardener, when I used to work at Mickey D's when I was a kid, during closing we'd have to discard all the unsold food. We'd get those fried apple pies, put them into a good ole styrofoam big mac box, smother them with some soft serve and hot fudge, and have a killer late night snack... I'd probably have a heart attack on the spot today if I ate one of those creations.

Back