world cup 2018

South Korea just scored in a controversial call over Germany.  If South Korea wins than Mexico advances. (Around 2-4 minutes to go)

eyephone said:
South Korea just scored in a controversial call over Germany.  If South Korea wins than Mexico advances. (Around 2-4 minutes to go)

It?s over South Korea scored another goal! (No Germany goalie)

eyephone said:
eyephone said:

It?s over South Korea scored another goal! (No Germany goalie)

What an upset ? Unbelievable to see Germany knocked out !  This World Cup getting better and better .

I alsmost had like 3 heart attacks this morning watching the Mexico and get Germany games. Heck of a way to start the day

Football will slowly fade due to a number of reasons...sports like soccer, tennis, and baseball will be strong in the next 5-10 years.

Irvinecommuter said:
Football will slowly fade due to a number of reasons...sports like soccer, tennis, and baseball will be strong in the next 5-10 years.

I would put basketball in that list ... much broader appeal as well

unbelievably exciting game - what an upset .  watching the game it seemed Croatia really wanted it more, the younger English team seemed out of gas by the end of it ... 

Great 2 semi-final games and I expect the final to be just as good.  I'm leaning towards France winning it all.

Both England and Croatia were tired in that game and it started showing towards the end. I'm not sure Croatia with 3 OT in the last 3 games and a day less to recover will do good in the finals.

Don't think France will get a better opportunity to win a second World Cup.

marmott said:
Both England and Croatia were tired in that game and it started showing towards the end. I'm not sure Croatia with 3 OT in the last 3 games and a day less to recover will do good in the finals.

Don't think France will get a better opportunity to win a second World Cup.

that's what England must have thought after the slog Croatia went through against Russia and even less time to rest than England.  but one wouldn't know that from seeing how fast the Croatians were moving the ball in the midfield.  I think France should be really paying attention -- we could have a real upset for the trophy. 

I'm not saying they shouldn't, it's just the best case scenario they could hope for.

I'm also hoping France's defense stays as strong as the last few games. I'm not worried about them being tired.

Back