Woodbury Town Center Store Closing

NewToOC_IHB

I know there was a thread about the traffic being slow at the Ralph's at the Woodbury Town Center but I don't think we have a thread on this.

Tresor - a woman's clothing & accessory boutique near the Game Stop & bike shop closed just after the holidays apparently. I think the Thai Spice closed before Xmas. The other two clothes boutiques in the Town Center have to be struggling as well.

Also I'd imagine the Dinner Affaire (meal preparation business) can't be doing too well.

There seems to be more people shopping at TJ over Ralph?s in that center.

Some of the smaller business seem to be hurting like the ones you mentioned along with some others, like the cosmetic shop and GNC

Panera and Starbucks are busy and seem to be doing well.

There seem to be quite a few vacant store-fronts there that I think have not leased out yet. I do my grocery shopping at that Ralph's every week and they always seem to be full of people (and low on produce.) I don't know how either of the grocers there could not do well - afterall, they've got the entire village of Portola Springs plus Woodbury to contend with. Didn't know Thai Spice closed! Too bad. Never gone inside of Tresor - won't miss it.

The Peppino`s is struggling from what I am told by an insider.

Seems only very busy on Friday nights when they have a band.

And I agree that TJ`s seems to be holding its own over the Ralphs.

In fact thats my primary reason to go to Woodbury.

The TJ`s over in Laguna Hills we used to go to is too "Seizure World"

and further to drive.

TIC may need to look at lowering some of the rents or they will lose

some of the slower shops in Woodbury.

That starbucks is suppose to be one of the top revenue producing stores in OC. I was told last year during the week that Starbucks was announcing store closures.

The TJ is great, also has steady business. I go there all the time. The bike shop seems to be doing just fine. Clothering stores in shopping centers never do well..so no surprises there.

That Thai spice food is not very good, glad they are shutting down to make room for others.

The Counters seems to be busy both lunch and dinner. If you go there between 1145 and 1230, there is a wait.

How does Walgreens (same with Rite Aid) stay in business? Everytime I go there at WB, I am either the only customer or there is 1-2 more at max. Same goes with any other location I have been.

Have you guys tried Piccomolo? In front of the fountain, a couple doors down from The Counter. It's pretty good. (Gelato / Italian ice cream)

Yes we've tried them. I'm not a huge gelato fan (I prefer ice cream generally) but my fiance loves it. Also they have pinkberry like tart stuff which is not bad. However the Pastagina has the same pinkberry offering for less than half the price so I usually get my fix there.

I think First Class isn't doing very well. I was chatting with one of the dudes there a few weeks back and he said it had been very slow. Been there twice at noon over the past month and there's only been 2-3 customers there eating lunch.

I bought my wife a facial from that beauty shop as one of her Xmas presents but evidently the girl that does them bailed to somewhere else right around Xmas. I suspect maybe because business was sucking...

[quote author="ipoplaya" date=1231473948]I think First Class isn't doing very well. I was chatting with one of the dudes there a few weeks back and he said it had been very slow. Been there twice at noon over the past month and there's only been 2-3 customers there eating lunch.

I bought my wife a facial from that beauty shop as one of her Xmas presents but evidently the girl that does them bailed to somewhere else right around Xmas. I suspect maybe because business was sucking...</blockquote>

FCP has also raised their prices a lot within the last 6 months. I remember going in there and they'd raised the prices of all their stuff. A small specialty pizza was now around $17 or so. Jeez!

And be careful of the Jalapenos. My Mom went in and the guy used his hands (without gloves), to handle the cash, grab the chips, and grab some of the other food. Yay, sanitary!

The dry cleaner near the Ralph's always is empty when I walk by too. They look so expensive we haven't even tried it.

Pialago *is* expensive. Took my two throws for dry cleaning and got a $60 bill. I shop at Ralph's pretty much every day--it's not the busiest but I don't think that they're all that slow, either.

[quote author="k.o." date=1231475244][quote author="ipoplaya" date=1231473948]I think First Class isn't doing very well. I was chatting with one of the dudes there a few weeks back and he said it had been very slow. Been there twice at noon over the past month and there's only been 2-3 customers there eating lunch.

I bought my wife a facial from that beauty shop as one of her Xmas presents but evidently the girl that does them bailed to somewhere else right around Xmas. I suspect maybe because business was sucking...</blockquote>

FCP has also raised their prices a lot within the last 6 months. I remember going in there and they'd raised the prices of all their stuff. A small specialty pizza was now around $17 or so. Jeez!

And be careful of the Jalapenos. My Mom went in and the guy used his hands (without gloves), to handle the cash, grab the chips, and grab some of the other food. Yay, sanitary!</blockquote>

First Class Pizza was taken over by "Bucaneer Pizza" near my house. They were the same company before because they listed the Irvine address as a location. The menu is expanded but the pizza is the same great pizza with the same huge prices.

The produce at Ralphs is so expensive - I don't think they need more volume. I stopped buying any produce there. I buy it all at the Zion market now.

[quote author="NewToOC" date=1231553863]The produce at Ralphs is so expensive - I don't think they need more volume. I stopped buying any produce there. I buy it all at the Zion market now.</blockquote>

Their produce is in bad shape too. Every time I go, the bananas are bruised, the green salad is turning pink, the strawberries and "fresh" herbs are usually moldy. At checkout I always mention it and each time it's as if it's the first time they've heard it. I am really frustrated there. Thankfully Trader Joe's across the way has terrific produce at a better price (their sushi is also half the price of Ralph's and better selection! I just wish they were a full-service store and had a broader selection of other items.)

The Carl's Jr. by the gas station has a homemade sign taped to the entry door that says "2 Famous Stars $3." They're always empty and not near any of the other eateries. I guess they're trying to drum up some business but no one would see the sign unless they've already decided to eat there..

[quote author="Shooby" date=1231569515]Has anyone gone to The Counter?

I heard burgers are like $10. Wonder how they're holding up.</blockquote>

Been there 3 or 4 times. It was packed every time. I like it. The burgers are pretty good. I'd say they're better then red robin burgers, and for 10 bucks you do get a LOT of meat and a ton of toppings.

Think Fudruckers if Saks Fifth Avenue owned it.

I was wondering what the fascination with The Counter is. Every time I have driven by it's packed to the brim. Why's it so popular?

had lunch there yesterday. The base price starts at $8.75, but quickly adds up with toppings. Good quality ingredients and a WIDE variety of toppings available. I had the veggie one yesterday and was pretty good. A bit overpriced for my liking. Usually comes to about $16 per person with tax, tip, drink.

Back