Woodbury East Opening July 11, 2009

[quote author="OCCOBRA" date=1242895472][quote author="bigmoneysalsa" date=1242889204][quote author="bkshopr" date=1242865889]

My guess of benchmark pricing is what makes it worthwhile for Bren to consider building homes again. Anything less he would just let the land sit.

</blockquote>

Why? The Irvine Company was more than happy to sell land at a fraction of todays value pre-bubble. You think they are stubborn-WTF-price-demanding like some of the individual owners that IR profiles? I think they are more rational than that.</blockquote>

The Irvine company is drinking the kool-aid. I will enjoy this train wreck. And even if IC starts dropping prices to keep selling it will bring on another world of knife catchers that will walk from the homes. So another ghost town like Portola springs, delicious.</blockquote>
Of course they are drinking the kool-aid, hell they were the ones serving it at as the prices started to skyrocket. They gladly accepted $150-$200/sf back in 2000 as you stated and now they are hell bent on getting $375/sf? I think not! Kinda like them building The Village Phase II in a declining rental market. haha Guess Donny boy isn't god after all.

Actually, that f*&ker; has been pretty damn good at judging the market. TIC slammed the brakes on back in late 2007 and slowed the release of lots. The builders were pissed Bren wasn't reducing the lot prices. He was driving them to the poor house.

To tell you the truth, Bren has no intention of putting lots on sale. Why should he, the Irvine family land grabbed the ranch for practically nothing...thank you spanish/mexican wars. AND the land development is paid for by city bonds. hahah no sweat off his nuts.

Like our bkshopr says, TIC will just throw in a bag of chips to make the prices seem cheaper.

And, really USC, a few bucks off on his apartments...Some of the highest in all the west coast is no f*&king; deal. Bren gives us a trial sized jar of Vaseline when you move in. Then sales you another jar for the next month.

He's also debt free on his apartments...he bought out his backers last fall. Thank you city of Irvine for you generations of over priced housing, which has NEVER been cheap.

They have the signs out now both on Sand Canyon and Trabuco that say "Woodbury East - Coming in July". And finally seems like they have a 24 hour guard now on the premises on weekends and holidays as well...

[quote author="Aqua Bliss" date=1243396216]They have the signs out now both on Sand Canyon and Trabuco that say "Woodbury East - Coming in July". And finally seems like they have a 24 hour guard now on the premises on weekends and holidays as well...</blockquote>

Not to mention, they also put up blue flags... They must have done that over night because it wasn't there the night before!

[quote author="roundcorners" date=1243476502][quote author="Aqua Bliss" date=1243396216]They have the signs out now both on Sand Canyon and Trabuco that say "Woodbury East - Coming in July". And finally seems like they have a 24 hour guard now on the premises on weekends and holidays as well...</blockquote>

Not to mention, they also put up blue flags... They must have done that over night because it wasn't there the night before!</blockquote>
Uh oh, they brought out the blue flags out, that only means one thing....it must be time to BUY NOW!!!!

[quote author="roundcorners" date=1243476502]

Not to mention, they also put up blue flags... They must have done that over night because it wasn't there the night before!</blockquote>

Blue?! Those must be green, or at least teal, or maybe I am going colorblind.

[quote author="Aqua Bliss" date=1243581078][quote author="roundcorners" date=1243476502]

Blue?! Those must be green, or at least teal, or maybe I am going colorblind.</blockquote>

Mix the two you get aqua just like your handle.

Hi posters, thak you for all the info on all the links in this blog. I am 7,000 miles away in the USVI now moving back home to OC (NOW = end of June) and this new build-out at Woodbury East for under 400K for a 3 bedroom looks like a great entry point for us (me, wife, and 6 year old daughter) to get back into OC and an Irvine school district. Cost PSF looks resonable from a distance, but not being able to "look and see" excatly the layout makes that a very difficult decision. I've not been back to OC for 20+ years. Another question in reading this blog is our we better off to buy new at Woodbury East or buy forclouser all over the place and for the near furture? Should we rent and get our feet on the ground or move directly into a "starter" and work hard to move UP? I respect all the very hands-on exertise in this bolg and would really apperaciate any infrmation or opinions you could through my way. You can BCC me at maxmizejewski@live.com if that is better for you.

[quote author="MovingBack" date=1243653611]Hi posters, thak you for all the info on all the links in this blog. I am 7,000 miles away in the USVI now moving back home to OC (NOW = end of June) and this new build-out at Woodbury East for under 400K for a 3 bedroom looks like a great entry point for us (me, wife, and 6 year old daughter) to get back into OC and an Irvine school district. Cost PSF looks resonable from a distance, but not being able to "look and see" excatly the layout makes that a very difficult decision. I've not been back to OC for 20+ years. Another question in reading this blog is our we better off to buy new at Woodbury East or buy forclouser all over the place and for the near furture? Should we rent and get our feet on the ground or move directly into a "starter" and work hard to move UP? I respect all the very hands-on exertise in this bolg and would really apperaciate any infrmation or opinions you could through my way. You can BCC me at maxmizejewski@live.com if that is better for you.</blockquote>
Are you Polish?

Yep, through and through........................ Please don't hold it against me as I was only able to go to San Francisco State on a football scholarship WAY back in 1963, then off to fly helicopters for the US Army in RVN.

[quote author="MovingBack" date=1243654607]Yep, through and through........................ Please don't hold it against me as I was only able to go to San Francisco State on a football scholarship WAY back in 1963, then off to fly helicopters for the US Army in RVN.</blockquote>
No worries, not like SFS would play USC anyhow. haha I was born in Poland, Southwest part in a town named Kamena Gora (spelling could be off here). I came to the US with my parents when I was 5. Were you born there or here? Do you speak Polish?

Back on topic, I would recommend you rent for at least a year before diving back into the buyer's pool (it's a little crazy out there right now). Let me know if you need any help with looking for a rental. I have a Polish grandmother that cooks up a storm even at the age of 80 so when you move out here I'll try to bring back some food for you from Vegas. ;)

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1243658259][quote author="MovingBack" date=1243654607]Yep, through and through........................ Please don't hold it against me as I was only able to go to San Francisco State on a football scholarship WAY back in 1963, then off to fly helicopters for the US Army in RVN.</blockquote>
No worries, not like SFS would play USC anyhow. haha I was born in Poland, Southwest part in a town named Kamena Gora (spelling could be off here). I came to the US with my parents when I was 5. Were you born there or here? Do you speak Polish?

Back on topic, I would recommend you rent for at least a year before diving back into the buyer's pool (it's a little crazy out there right now). Let me know if you need any help with looking for a rental. I have a Polish grandmother that cooks up a storm even at the age of 80 so when you move out here I'll try to bring back some food for you from Vegas. ;)</blockquote>

Unfortunatly as a second grnerattion kid my dad did not want us to learn Polish . . . wish he had. Yes I must agree the renting for a while looks like the smart move decision. The July Woodbury East opening thou got my attention. We live now in the USVI and have a 6 year old daughter so schools are important. Data overload on reading all that is now available on the internet and this blog. Do you live in Irvine or Las Vegas? Will be very happy to trade BBQ for real Polish anytime, thanks.

so i went walking with the stroller across Sand Canyon to Woodbury East; the entire road is still blocked; can't even walk in. I saw that the Ivy sign is to the left when you drive in. But I don't see any new construction, at least from the entrance. If I didn't have a kid I would have probably jumped the fence, but seeing as I can't out run the security guards with a big hunking stroller I decided not to...

?????

http://orangecounty.lyonhomes.com/homes/community.php/Ivy_at_Woodbury_East.html?c=300

Ivy at Woodbury East

Ivy creates a stylish new Irvine address in the village of Woodbury East. There's character and innovation in these spacious townhome designs - they work well with a life that includes family, hospitality, warmth, and growth. And they have the value you need to begin that life right away.

Convenience is part of Ivy's charm. This intimate village offers walking close amenities, including gardens and The Palm Club. There the pool, park, fitness room, full-court basketball, tennis courts and more offer all kinds of sociability and fun. Irvine schools serve the families of Woodbury East, and make it easy for Ivy residents to count on a great learning environment. Woodbury Town Center is very close, and nearby employment centers are easily accessible. All in all, it's a brand new kind of Irvine address that welcomes you to the quality of fine homebuilding, and a legacy of value.

Grand Opening July 11, 2009

Plan A

1,180 Square Feet

2 Beds

2.5 Baths

2-Car Garage

Plan B

1,394 Square Feet

3 Beds

2.5 Baths

2-Car Garage

Plan C