Why is the bedroom the most important?

bkshopr:

I love how specific you are in what to look for when buying a new home. However, I can't help but think that there are so many requirements I'd have a hard time believing any of the knucklehead builders out there follow them all.

Are there any plans out there you think do a good job following your guidelines?

<p>BK -</p>

<p>No, my last comment was just a joke - I couldn't resist. I don't recall any projects I've seen with the toilet above the entry - but then again, my memory is not too great lately.</p>

<p> </p>

Cal Pac is pretty good in following the rule but their small homes are very hard in avoiding bedroom over kitchen. Just make sure the cooktop is not directly below the bed. There are feng shui remedy for everything. Reason could eat ice cream all day long so he or she would never need to turn on the stove.

Oh...well my master bedroom is large enough so that I can place the actual bed itself not over the cooktop - I thought you meant that if the bedroom is over the cooktop, then it's bad.

I don't know if this has to do with feng shui. A friend of mine has a home that has dark interior paint. Everytime I enter his house, I just immediately feel depress. My wife says she has the same feeling.

<p>bk,</p>

<p>If one's bedroom is above the kitchen. It's bad feng shui. What would happen? What type of bad luck, do you know? This is getting me paranoid. </p>

<p>Reason:</p>

<p>What if I live in the north, do I wish my bed room is above the cooking top in the winter? </p>

<p>Talk about Feng Shui, where I grew up, many farmer's house, there is a book size mirror right at the upper edge of the front door, it is to expel the devil. The story is that devil or ghost is invisible to human eyes, but they can be visible through the mirror, or mirror of specially blessed in temple of Budhist or Daoist.</p>

<p>Some houses also put mirror on the top of each corner of the house. I have not seen this in Irvine yet. </p>

<p>In chinese custom, there is a god named "oven god" in the kitchen, which bring you richness through the kitchen fire. </p>

<p>There are good fire or bad fire, in my opinion kitchen fire is definitely good fire. Consider majority of chinese only eat cooked food and boiled water (there is sanity reason behind this, just like European drive beer instead of raw water) , the kitchen fire really have god's spirit within. </p>

<p>Hyu,</p>

<p>So when bk says that it's bad feng shui to have the bedroom above the kitchen. You're that kitchen fire is good?</p>

<p>Assuming it's "bad" fire. What type of bad lucks am I expecting? </p>

<p>I remember a little feng shui book I read many years ago, the idealest house has a mountain (or hill or high land) at the behind, and has a river at the front. </p>

<p>The reason is that, feng shui (or Chi) stops by the mountain, and concentrates by the water. </p>

sorry....let me correc the prior sentence. As oppose to bkshpr, you're saying kitchen fire is good?....what if it's "bad" fire?...what type of bad luck am I expecting?

<p>Reason:</p>

<p>Bad fire does not start from kitchen, they starts from outside the house. It is the wild fire in California, we don't worry about it here in Irvine. </p>

Back