Why is the bedroom the most important?

<p>Chinese consider both sunlight and moonlght are absolutely good things, lights expels devil for sure. Darkness is for eveil. This is same as western culture. </p>

<p>Sunlight kills germs. </p>

<p>The favor of lights in my opinion also means favor for warmth, I would not consider bed room above kitchen is a bed thing, beside there are many remedy for the warmth from kithen below, like a fan on the window, open the door to let air flow, thanks to bkshops's previous posts about how to ventilate the house.</p>

<p>Western faced room are very hot in the evening of the summer, but it is a feng shui defect. </p>

<p>I have a retire aged coworker, the AC in office is too cold for him, he put a heater at his feet in his cubicle all the time. In my opinion, aged people need more warmth than young people, they might like the room facing west. </p>

<p>hyu,</p>

<p>Thank you for the advice. But I must be going to sleep now. Have to wake up early to watch the Market. Asia and Europe Markets reacted favorably to Bush's anticipated speech on housing. Going to be a good day tomorrow. Have a good weekend.</p>

<p>Sorry I mean:</p>

<p>West faced room is very hot in the evening of the summer, but it is NOT a feng shui defect in my opinion. </p>

<p>Hahaha!!...YOu know what. I was going to tell bkshpr that I prefer the house facing west. As you mentioned, sunlight kills germs. In cold environment, facing west is a good thing. So it all depends on where you live.</p>

<p>Ok, my friend. I must take a nap now. You have a good night! Ciao!</p>

<p>bkshopr-</p>

<p>You say a shared dresser should be at the foot of the bed, rather than next to it. Our dresser, like many others, has a large mirror attached. My wife tells me it's bad feng shui to have a mirror at the foot of the bed, therefore, she insists the dresser should be on the side of the room. What gives?</p>

<p><em>What type of bad luck, do you know?</em></p>

<p>Bad health, not bad luck. Okay, some bad luck but both bad luck and bad health are derived from less comfortable sleep and intimate relations driven by the heat and noise emanating from a busy happy kitchen.</p>

<p> </p>

I have these two Feng Shui books, Both by Lillian Too.

1. The Complete Illustrated Guide to Feng Shui

2. The Complete Illustrated Guide to Feng Shui for Gardens

I bought them from Borders years ago, don't know if Borders still carries them.

I know these two books are good because one family friend, an architect, borrowed the books and passed around among architecture firms here in Irvine for two years before I finally demanded them back a month ago.

Back