Why is Irvine considered affluent?

sometimes old posts have to come out to see how wrong or right we were.
and to remind people everything you post on the internet is there forever.

If not here, atleast in the NSA archives.

OpenSky said:
irvinehomeowner said:
zubs said:
irvinehomeowner said:
3CWGs are always desirable.

According to this thread, 3CWG isn't as desirable as garages in the back with a porch in front.http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,8474.msg76042.html#msg76042

The back loaded alleys TIC are building now is kind of like that.
Also... TIC is building front loaded motorcourts with no porch.

Saratoga! Like having a double-sided mullet -- the unsightly part is on both ends of the home.

I am not sure why you picked Saratoga considering most of Saratoga has side courtyard with a separate front entrance.  I really liked that feature. 

The corner lot has a walkway to the front door but perpendicular to the garage so it's not facing the same direction.

OpenSky said:
Irvinecommuter said:
OpenSky said:
irvinehomeowner said:
zubs said:
irvinehomeowner said:
3CWGs are always desirable.

According to this thread, 3CWG isn't as desirable as garages in the back with a porch in front.http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,8474.msg76042.html#msg76042

The back loaded alleys TIC are building now is kind of like that.
Also... TIC is building front loaded motorcourts with no porch.

Saratoga! Like having a double-sided mullet -- the unsightly part is on both ends of the home.

I am not sure why you picked Saratoga considering most of Saratoga has side courtyard with a separate front entrance.  I really like that feature. 

The corner lot has a walkway to the front door but perpendicular to the garage so it's not facing the same direction.

A side courtyard does not a front porch make.

There is no obvious front nor back to Saratoga. A back that functions as a front, and one model that has an exposed "side" but only because of necessity.

Saratoga. The ultimate in function over form.

(btw, I'm not normally an asshole, but sometimes I play one on TI. To keep it fresh.)

Most of the plans in Irvine do not have a front porch.  I was interested that you pick Saratoga which actually tries to be interesting regarding its front.  Like I said, most of the plans have a front entry/side court yard and then the real entrance.

I think plans like San Mateo or Siena (front entrance next to garage with no walkway) or those condos with the garage as the back look a lot worse.  YMMV I guess.

Opensky

I get what you mean.  You're talking about more of what you find in Woodbury (i.e. StoneTree Manor) with the front of the house facing a walkway area and the back feeding into a street/courtyard. 

I would agree that such a set up is probably preferrable to what Saratoga has but I would say that Saratoga has a better design then most of the other motorcourt homes where the front door is exposed to the street/motorcourt.  The courtyard gives some sense of privacy and allow you to have a private area where you can speak with visitors/guests. 

I also believe you could get an intercom system for that front entry way to provide additional privacy. 

Personally, I prefer this

Ge4AH4nOnv2k2JXWZHqvQkRb_dXumNnRGOct89w3X8Y63TEJxSZdzyH5EIbppDoRAAh0HdXPWDEBoo5O240Oug.jpg

over

895f5b9bf193be2dafa8221090c8285bd24aae77badb2387fc41c64c036c656d692183ce4652511214559cf533e02d92bbd60021a174cffccf96105165c00e5271d1cd25f715bdf3607bb07f6c9bc032.jpg

bones said:
Hmm I guess admin took away the delete button?  There will be a lot more blank posts - I always hit quote instead of modify by accident. Ack!
If you hit quote, you still have a chance to not post whatever you are quoting.

I can confirm that the delete has been removed because some members are deleting entire threads which impacts the content of TI. Additionally, deletion of single posts also disrupts the conversation threads.

Just blank em out.... or say what you have to say... don't be shy!

OpenSky said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Opensky

I get what you mean.  You're talking about more of what you find in Woodbury (i.e. StoneTree Manor) with the front of the house facing a walkway area and the back feeding into a street/courtyard. 

I would agree that such a set up is probably preferrable to what Saratoga has but I would say that Saratoga has a better design then most of the other motorcourt homes where the front door is exposed to the street/motorcourt.  The courtyard gives some sense of privacy and allow you to have a private area where you can speak with visitors/guests. 

I also believe you could get an intercom system for that front entry way to provide additional privacy isolation.

Personally, I prefer this

over this

There, fixed that for you.

Saratoga... Anonymous Isolation. Redefined.?

I guess but I don't see how having your front door five feet away from the motorcourt increases neighborhood bonding. 

bones said:
Except the big problem with Saratoga versus traditional motor court is that it's like 10+ houses deep and is a big u shape. Whereas motorcourts are 4-6 homes total.  I can't imagine having visitors walk through basically an alleyway to get to the front door. This is where both a traditional alley loaded street or a small motorcourt is better than Saratoga IMHO.

My area has about 6 homes deep with a U shape but I understand your viewpoint.  I live on a corner lot so I don't have to worry about that :)

Also, the way Saratoga is constructed, the backside of the U has parking so if you live at the end of the row of houses, you would have your guest park on the backside and walk.  Most of the other motorcourts in SG are 3 deep so in effect it's the same.

bones said:
I'm never shy.
Really? :)
What I mean is I want to edit for typos and hit quote instead of modify. Then I just click "post" without thinking about it (esp on my phone) so it results in a double post.
Hey... that's your error not TI's. Stop being shy about the typos. :)

Back