Why are the TI topics so boring lately?

USCT, is that you and your black Cayman?  Nice driving and pretty cool vid, that car sounds great.

I going to track with you one of these days man, currently I'm suffering some serious fast car and fast driving withdrawal. 

lnc said:
USCT, is that you and your black Cayman?  Nice driving and pretty cool vid, that car sounds great.

I going to track with you one of these days man, currently I'm suffering some serious fast car and fast driving withdrawal. 

Yeah, that was last year in my 2010 Cayman S.  The car is currently getting built into a full track car now (gutted with a roll cage).  You need to get yourself a Porsche and come out to the track...it's such a rush.

I would love to join you guys if it wasn't such an expensive hobby.

USC, enjoy your bachelor life.  Once you get married with kids your Porsche money goes to Louis Vuitton purses and Disneyland passes :)

aquabliss said:

USC, enjoy your bachelor life.  Once you get married with kids your Porsche money goes to Louis Vuitton purses and Disneyland passes :)

Yeah, still in my 30s so I'll get it out of my system before I settle down.  When I do settle down I'm sure the GT cars will be traded in for a Macan and Cayenne because I'm not doing a minivan.  haha

USCTrojanCPA said:
aquabliss said:

Yeah, still in my 30s so I'll get it out of my system before I settle down.  When I do settle down I'm sure the GT cars will be traded in for a Macan and Cayenne because I'm not doing a minivan.  haha

Not true, you can still find a partner with the same "fun hobby"  ;D Mom of 2 kids here and I still have the coolest track ready car at the elementary school. wish my mom picked me up in something like that when I was small. although we're now in the market for a 7 seater SUV and the options out there are underwhelming to say the least. I need a nice look with some power - kill me before I ever drive a minivan. Any suggestions?

Does the x5 still have the 7 seat option, I remember reading it somewhere (too lazy to google it). And M version would be fast.

Paris said:
Not true, you can still find a partner with the same "fun hobby"  ;D Mom of 2 kids here and I still have the coolest track ready car at the elementary school. wish my mom picked me up in something like that when I was small. although we're now in the market for a 7 seater SUV and the options out there are underwhelming to say the least. I need a nice look with some power - kill me before I ever drive a minivan. Any suggestions?

Mercedes GLS63 AMG!

@USC:

I would start on the kids earlier than later.

I'm getting so many ailments and injuries it's hard for me to keep up with the kids now.

#oldmanwalkingtooslow

Although it doesn't look that big, model X with insane setting!
Qualify for current tax credits $7.5k federal plus $2.5k state (income dependent) plus $25k tax credit on business truck loophole.

lnc said:
Paris said:

Mercedes GLS63 AMG!

One time we rented the GL and it was not very practical - small trunk space, small 3rd row but we should check out this version and revisit this. And I heard X5 had the 7 seater option, again have to check it out.
Looked at the infiniti QX60 - was very practical, good space throughout but the power was "meh"
Would love a porsche cayenne or range rover but they aren't 7 seaters
Was also planning on checking out the Volvo XC90 although not sure how well they drive. I've never owned a Volvo. anyone here have this? thoughts?

Paris said:
lnc said:
Paris said:

Mercedes GLS63 AMG!

One time we rented the GL and it was not very practical - small trunk space, small 3rd row but we should check out this version and revisit this. And I heard X5 had the 7 seater option, again have to check it out.
Looked at the infiniti QX60 - was very practical, good space throughout but the power was "meh"
Was also planning on checking out the Volvo XC90 although not sure how well they drive. I've never owned a Volvo. anyone here have this? thoughts?

Unless you need a 7 passenger daily, I would recommend the status quo as the daily drivers and getting a minivan as a 3rd car for road trips and when you need the 7 seats.  Bc you're not going to find what you're looking for :)

Paris said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
aquabliss said:

Not true, you can still find a partner with the same "fun hobby"  ;D Mom of 2 kids here and I still have the coolest track ready car at the elementary school.

Any mods?

Paris said:

GLS has a more real usable 3rd row seat than X5, Q7 and XC90.  If you think GLS's space is small, just forget about all others unless you go for something behemoth like Sequoia, Suburban or Escalade. 

There's 2018 BMW X7 that rivals GLS are coming out and might be interesting. 

What I find endearing about the minivan are the passenger doors.  Once you get the automatic sliding doors, you won't settle for less.

zubs said:
What I find endearing about the minivan are the passenger doors.  Once you get the automatic sliding doors, you won't settle for less.

Iho. Is that you?

Paris said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
aquabliss said:

Is it a black Porsche Panamera? There's a mom at our school who drives one.

Paris said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
aquabliss said:

What track ready car do you drive?  How about a Turbo Cayenne with headers, exhaust, and tune?  That should put you well into 600hp and probably blow by my GT4 in the straights, but I'd get you in the corners.  haha

USCTrojanCPA said:
Paris said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
aquabliss said:

What track ready car do you drive?  How about a Turbo Cayenne with headers, exhaust, and tune?  That should put you well into 600hp and probably blow by my GT4 in the straights, but I'd get you in the corners.  haha

I cannot reveal my vehicle for obvious reasons but it would give your GT4 a run for it's money  ;D Turbo Cayenne sounds great but we're looking for a 7 seater.
I was browsing this list and unfortunately most don't fit the 7 seater requirement - although the Ford Explorer Turbo Ecoboost and the MB GLS doeshttp://www.cheatsheet.com/automobiles/12-of-the-worlds-fastest-suvs.html/?a=viewall

traceimage said:
Paris said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
aquabliss said:

Is it a black Porsche Panamera? There's a mom at our school who drives one.

No. Is it at Hicks? I don't recall seeing a Panamera there. I have to admit there are some very nice vehicles that roll into the school parking lot. Spoilt Irvine kids. My mom picked me up in an old sentra.

Back