Why are the TI topics so boring lately?

My_Alter_Ego

Handguns?  Bad Performance Reviews?  Found a $50 bill on the parking lot floor today? 

Why is TI so boring the past month or so?  Not that I'm contributing anything great, but COME ON GUYS!!  I need some interesting topics to waste more time on the 'net while I work!!

:p :D ;D

Home prices going up a steady 3-4% a year. New developments (Eastwood & PS III) as boring as heck. Um.. what else? Irvine BLVD was shut down this morning. I guess north bound at Jeffrey? What happened there? I saw a Fire Truck spraying water on the road.

Speaking of which, Irvine is thinking of leaving the OC Fire Authority to form their own Fire Dept in 2020 to save $20,000,000/yr that Irvine pays above their fair share thanks to high home prices in Irvine (payment is based off of property taxes).

There was a high speed police chase that ended at Jeffrey and Walnut the other day.  Other than that, I've got nothing interesting to add myself. 

Hi My Alter Ego.

Hope you like my Immgritation Map I put together on Photoshop. :)

2hp7uyv.jpg

My_Alter_Ego said:
There was a high speed police chase that ended at Jeffrey and Walnut the other day.  Other than that, I've got nothing interesting to add myself. 

Discuss:

Trump says Muslims not doing enough to prevent attacks

By Guy Faulconbridge and William Schomberg

LONDON (Reuters) - U.S. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said Muslims were not helping to prevent attacks such as those that killed at least 30 people in Belgium, drawing a rebuke from Britain's government and from Muslim groups in the country.

In an interview broadcast on Britain's ITV television on Wednesday, Trump was asked what his message was for British Muslims after Tuesday's bombings in Brussels and the attacks in Paris last November.

"When they see trouble they have to report it, they are not reporting it, they are absolutely not reporting it and that's a big problem," Trump said.

His comments were countered by British interior minister Theresa May who said he was "just plain wrong" to suggest Muslims in Britain were failing to report suspicious activity by extremists.

Trump, the front-runner in the race to be the Republican candidate in November's presidential election, has made a series of controversial statements during his campaign. His supporters see him as someone who speaks uncomfortable truths but he has outraged many others in the United States and around the world.

Trump, who has called for a ban on Muslims entering the United States, said it was "a disgrace" that one of the suspects behind last November's attacks in Paris had been found after a long manhunt by police in an area of Brussels where he lived.

"He was in his neighborhood where he grew up and nobody even turned him in and supposedly this is retribution for that. It's a disgrace," he said.

Trump said there were signs that an attack by suspected Muslim extremists in California in December, which killed 14 people, could have been stopped.

"A lot of people in the community knew they were going to do it because in their apartment they had bombs all over the floor ... and they didn't report them," he said.

"I don't know what it is. It's like they're protecting each other but they're really doing very bad damage. They have to open up to society, they have to report the bad ones."

Britain's May told parliament that Trump was mistaken.

"I understand he said that Muslims were not coming forward in the United Kingdom to report matters of concern. This is absolutely not the case - he is just plain wrong," she said.

You need to throw more gasoline on fires...
Say something racist
Say something negative regarding Irvine
Say one of the tracts is bad because of too many asians.

...and then enjoy the drama...

You don't need to believe anything you write....You just have to instigate.

My_Alter_Ego said:
Handguns?  Bad Performance Reviews?  Found a $50 bill on the parking lot floor today? 

Why is TI so boring the past month or so?  Not that I'm contributing anything great, but COME ON GUYS!!  I need some interesting topics to waste more time on the 'net while I work!!

:p :D ;D

I could talk about um, solar storms and the possibility that if we get hit, it may inflict up to $2.6 trillion in damage and take years to recover:
http://www.lloyds.com/~/media/lloyd... risk to the north american electric grid.pdf

zubs said:
You need to throw more gasoline on fires...
Say something racist
Say something negative regarding Irvine
Say one of the tracts is bad because of too many asians.

...and then enjoy the drama...

You don't need to believe anything you write....You just have to instigate.
Why is zubs obsessed with meaningless Internet forum fights and trolling? Can TI armchair psychologists chime in with theories?

I'm trying to get more people to read these forums.  Drama works....
The OP is bored at work waiting for me to entertain him.  I'm trying to help.
I'm very helpful.

You guys need to admit my road rage drama was one for the TI history books, that topic was filled with interesting drama  8)
Although I've not been involved in any of that lately I have noticed a nice taste in cars here at Capella - M3s, M4s, M6s, Porsche GTs, Audi A6s. We should get together and take them out to a track for some friendly neighborhood racing competition. Anyone know of any good local tracks?
Otherwise sorry, no interesting drama in my life lately - guess that's a good thing
Zubs you're up...

Paris said:
You guys need to admit my road rage drama was one for the TI history books, that topic was filled with interesting drama  8)
Although I've not been involved in any of that lately I have noticed a nice taste in cars here at Capella - M3s, M4s, M6s, Porsche GTs, Audi A6s. We should get together and take them out to a track for some friendly neighborhood racing competition. Anyone know of any good local tracks?
Otherwise sorry, no interesting drama in my life lately - guess that's a good thing
Zubs you're up...

Speaking of track, many car organizations have tracking event at the Great Park and they use the runway as race track.  Porsche club of OC for example, have auto cross there in couple of Sunday's.

Now I wonder if BP residents ever notice the noise from these event.  I hope they love the smell of burning rubber and sound of WOT in a nice Sunday morning. :)

"I was more concerned about my safety and the people on the train safety. I wasn't sure if he had a knife or if he had a gun. I finally saw it escalating to the point where he was getting physical and people are getting pushed around. The whole thing is about to explode. I thought the best thing to do was go over there and subdue him," Kaczmarek said.

A transit officer arrived, but the man continued to struggle so Kaczmarek used the officer's handcuffs to restrain him at the Culver City Station. The shirtless man was arrested on suspicion of being under the influence of a controlled substance, authorities said. 
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...senger-viral-video-culver-city-373030571.html

SoCal said:
If you're bored, watch and rewatch.

*Le sigh*. When men were men.
Yeah, women yearn for real men and yet some say when you hold the door or offer to carry stuff that men are being condescending or when you call them "Beautiful" it is sexual harassment  >:D

#doingzubswork

irvinehomeowner said:
Paris said:
Although I've not been involved in any of that lately
ParisTranslation:

I haven't cut anyone off recently.

:)

Haha...ok fine it's true  :) I've been an "obedient" driver lately which makes me want to find some local track to let loose.

irvinehomeowner said:
Hmm... now that wasn't fair. That guy was obv drunk or high and then he was blindsided.

"Heroic"? More like sneaky.

Yeah, maybe if he strummed the guitar and sang, "Give Peace A Chance", the bad guy would have apologized to everyone for the error of his ways. Or stabbed them all. Whatever.

Back