Who pulled the trigger in 2012?

Irvine_Dreamer

I think a number of people at TI pulled the trigger this year so far, including Akim and TMCC. 
So, who pulled the trigger or plan to do it this year?
I just pulled mine!!  :)
But will not say where for privacy reason.  :D
Let's just say that it's a brand new home, and it's in Irvine.

We just pulled the trigger too after 2 years of searching in Irvine. We almost gave up on finding a home that met a long list of musts in Irvine until this one popped up.

Seems like a lot of trigger pulling this year... USC was one too... unfortunately... we just can't find a target to shoot at... or maybe because we don't have an FCB gun.

we are still searching, had high hope for the two news ones (in woodbridge and university), but after seeing detail plans -- disappointing. Co-worker bought a new one in woodbury - 6 SFH facing each other and share one exit(not even a street) -- what's up with that, SFH or detached condo? anyway, another disappointing. We are planning to see PS this weekend.

irvinehomeowner said:
Seems like a lot of trigger pulling this year... USC was one too... unfortunately... we just can't find a target to shoot at... or maybe because we don't have an FCB gun.
It was either gonna be the short sale or Las Ventanas for me.  I was getting tired of living in a small TIC apartment for 3+ years suffering from driveway withdraws.  I think 2012 will be a year were a lot of the frequent posters on TI buy a home, even you IHO (I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you find something good).

Been looking for about 3 years, finally pulled trigger this year and bought new in Irvine after giving up on waiting endlessly for the ever-on-the-horizon Orchard Hills.

I have a backup offer for a detached condo in Woodbury.  Hopefully, my lucky star is/will be shining this year.

Bought new this year after casually looking for 2 years.  Looked at resale, fixer-uppers, tustin/ranch, yorba linda, but finally settled back in Irvine.  We've been in Irvine for 10 years and just needed more space.

Congratulations to everybody who just spent your life saving on an over-priced cookie cutter home on contaminated soil next to dump!
And yes that includes myself!  :D

Irvine_Dreamer said:
Congratulations to everybody who just spent your life saving on an over-priced cookie cutter home on contaminated soil next to dump!

+1 This includes me as well.

We pulled the trigger this year after searching for few months.

Congrats to all of you

FreeBird said:
Irvine_Dreamer said:

Congrats to all of you
Everyone is anxiously waiting for the finale to your story in your thread.  haha

USCTrojanCPA said:
FreeBird said:
Irvine_Dreamer said:

Congrats to all of you
Everyone is anxiously waiting for the finale to your story in your thread.  haha

That's not me
I am also waiting for it :)

FreeBird said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
FreeBird said:
Irvine_Dreamer said:

Congrats to all of you

That's not me
Man, I need to wash out my eyes because I'm just all over the board today.  Sorry about that....thought you were FireBlade.

USCTrojanCPA said:
FreeBird said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
FreeBird said:
Irvine_Dreamer said:

Congrats to all of you

That's not me
Man, I need to wash out my eyes because I'm just all over the board today.  Sorry about that....thought you were FireBlade.

No worries.

I know a lot of people pulling the trigger now.  I've asked people "why" and here are some of the popular responses:

1) rate environment
2) pricing (reasonably attractive in people's opinions)
3) view the inventory shortage as a good sign that the market's turning around (arguable viewpoint)

we bought for our family (growing) and really just wanted a place to plant roots. 

Back