Who is going...

[quote author="ck"]
[quote author="graceomalley"]

Tasteful design solutions have modest and appropriate scale like the link IHO posted. Everything I have read and seen with the Collection are not only ostentatious but oversized on lots that can't really support them like IHO trying to cramp himself back into his high school prom tuxedo.

[/quote]

LOL!

With regard to the house scale, I really agree. I live in a 1,667 sq ft SFR right now. Although postage sized compared to non-Irvine, the lot is 5,000 sq ft --- which is big by modern Irvine standards. BTW, it was built in 2001.

While most Woodbury-lovin folk here likely cringe at 1,667 sq ft --- you would not believe how many comments we get about how big it "feels". I recently had several former IHB hacks over for a football party. Many of them were like "wow, this feels so much more spacious than 1,700 sq ft". Of course it does --- there is a big grassy front yard, and a very open lower level which spills out onto a big patio and lots-o-grass and fruit trees in the back. It has a great flow. And my 3 person family never feels cramped in 1,667 sq ft --- and we routinely entertain 10+ people there. Usually half the people are in the backyard, half are standing around the island. And everyone fits just fine. I used to think I needed at least 2,500 sq ft....now I just realize that's more to keep clean. We are always outside, anyway.[/quote]

Finally some music to my ear from a cauASIAN. He may be white on the outside but he is totally "yokey" on the inside. Why don't you talk some real sense into the Asian sheeple blindfolded by dental floss.

I think for the past few years, we have all been brain-washed that we need all the FADs... whereas the time-tested design will never go out of style...

Looks like Saturday will be a great day, weather wise... I'll be a the Palm Club for freebies... and light snacks... thanks to the sheeple buyers...

I might check out Coronado afterwards...

If you skip the homes be sure to stop by the TI Get Together...

Sorry CK... but I would rather have a 2500-3000sft house on a 5000sft lot than a 1700sft on a 5000sft lot. I guess I am a homeboy... but maybe that will change once the munchkins get older and want to run around more... "Go outside to the California Room and run in circles!".

But I would not want a 2800sft lot on a 3200sft lot (although I do think that BK is exaggerating... I think many of the 2800sft+ houses in Woodbury will be on at least 4000sft lots (still small but not as bad as 3200).

[quote author="ck"]

LOL!

With regard to the house scale, I really agree. I live in a 1,667 sq ft SFR right now. Although postage sized compared to non-Irvine, the lot is 5,000 sq ft --- which is big by modern Irvine standards. BTW, it was built in 2001.

While most Woodbury-lovin folk here likely cringe at 1,667 sq ft --- you would not believe how many comments we get about how big it "feels". I recently had several former IHB hacks over for a football party. Many of them were like "wow, this feels so much more spacious than 1,700 sq ft". Of course it does --- there is a big grassy front yard, and a very open lower level which spills out onto a big patio and lots-o-grass and fruit trees in the back. It has a great flow. And my 3 person family never feels cramped in 1,667 sq ft --- and we routinely entertain 10+ people there. Usually half the people are in the backyard, half are standing around the island. And everyone fits just fine. I used to think I needed at least 2,500 sq ft....now I just realize that's more to keep clean. We are always outside, anyway.[/quote]

Finally some music to my ear from a cauASIAN. He may be white on the outside but he is totally "yokey" on the inside. Why don't you talk some real sense into the Asian sheeple blindfolded by dental floss.[/quote]

hey bk! You stole my dental floss line! Man panda express at the airport is real good. I must be hungry.

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]Sorry CK... but I would rather have a 2500-3000sft house on a 5000sft lot than a 1700sft on a 5000sft lot. I guess I am a homeboy... but maybe that will change once the munchkins get older and want to run around more... "Go outside to the California Room and run in circles!".

[/quote]

....and I would rather have a 5,000 sq ft house on a 25,000 sq ft. lot. But there is this other factor called *budget*. So all things being equal, I'd rather pay $650k for 1,700/5,000 lot than pay $650k for 1,900/2,500 lot (Coronado). But that's just me.

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]Sorry CK... but I would rather have a 2500-3000sft house on a 5000sft lot than a 1700sft on a 5000sft lot. I guess I am a homeboy... but maybe that will change once the munchkins get older and want to run around more... "Go outside to the California Room and run in circles!".

But I would not want a 2800sft lot on a 3200sft lot (although I do think that BK is exaggerating... I think many of the 2800sft+ houses in Woodbury will be on at least 4000sft lots (still small but not as bad as 3200).[/quote]

Carmel: 45 x 75 lots

[quote author="ck"]

[/quote]

....and I would rather have a 5,000 sq ft house on a 25,000 sq ft. lot. But there is this other factor called *budget*. So all things being equal, I'd rather pay $650k for 1,700/5,000 lot than pay $650k for 1,900/2,500 lot (Coronado). But that's just me.[/quote]
I agree with you... I wasn't talking about price... just house size to lot size ratio.

But to use your example, I might be tempted to buy a 3-car 2500sft on a 5000sft lot in Aliso Viejo for $650k instead of your place or at Coronado.

But I would not want a 2800sft lot on a 3200sft lot (although I do think that BK is exaggerating... I think many of the 2800sft+ houses in Woodbury will be on at least 4000sft lots (still small but not as bad as 3200).[/quote]

Carmel: 45 x 75 lots [/quote]

4765 Sq/Ft.

[quote author="deeceemartini"]I live in Woodbury but I am planning on being out of town this weekend. It is going to be crazy around here with all the shuttle buses and looky-loos. Doesn't sound like they are going to have much freebies like in the past. I only saw a WE ad that said 'hot chocolate and cookies will be served". I'll just wait a couple of weekends before visiting the models. That way I can breathe as I am walking up the narrow one-way staircases without being trampled by the masses.[/quote]

Since I'm lactose intolerant, will it be impolite of me to gorge on bean and cheese burritos for breakfast before heading over for an afternoon of looking at the models?

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]
[quote author="ck"]

....and I would rather have a 5,000 sq ft house on a 25,000 sq ft. lot. But there is this other factor called *budget*. So all things being equal, I'd rather pay $650k for 1,700/5,000 lot than pay $650k for 1,900/2,500 lot (Coronado). But that's just me.[/quote]
I agree with you... I wasn't talking about price... just house size to lot size ratio.

But to use your example, I might be tempted to buy a 3-car 2500sft on a 5000sft lot in Aliso Viejo for $650k instead of your place or at Coronado.[/quote]

Even in AV, that's pretty hard to come by $650k. If you look at the non-short sales, only two really come close to those specs:

http://www.redfin.com/CA/Aliso-Viejo/40-Lyon-Rdg-92656/home/4885182

http://www.redfin.com/CA/Aliso-Viejo/5-Heatherwood-92656/home/4856330

Those are ok, but just ok....but I'd go for less house and Irvine before I'd give up the environment. You and I both know that even though AV is geographically close, it is a long way away from Irvine in terms of environment. Not that one is better than the other --- but they are different.

[quote author="nosuchreality"]

Since I'm lactose intolerant, will it be impolite of me to gorge on bean and cheese burritos for breakfast before heading over for an afternoon of looking at the models?

[/quote]

Damn, where is that exhalt button when I need it?

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]... although I do think that BK is exaggerating... I think many of the 2800sft+ houses in Woodbury will be on at least 4000sft lots (still small but not as bad as 3200).[/quote]

Screenshot or it's not true!

I dunno... that's 3375sft and with Montecito lots at ~3400sft, I think Carmel will be on bigger ones.

Math error?

I dunno... that's 3375sft and with Montecito lots at ~3400sft, I think Carmel will be on bigger ones.

Math error?[/quote]

4675 sqft is for Carmel.

The more I look at the floorplans for Carmel (since they won't let me in to see the models) the more I think that they are going to end up selling more Sonomas for TriPointe.

Not only is the location arguably better but for the dollar, Sonoma is looking like a better value with (in my opinion) nicer floor plans.

[quote author="ajw522"]

Math error?[/quote]

4675 sqft is for Carmel.[/quote]

You may need to include the two narrow plans and their lot sizes. The number you quoted is the master down plan. This plan robbed the lot widths from the other 2 plans. Check the floor plans and you will see the differences. The sales people rarely give you the smaller lot sizes they always quote the largest lot of the entire project. Unless you are buying a specific lot then they will let you know the lot size.

BTW do you have any density informations?

For Montecito does the lot size include 1/2 of the motorcourt and is labeled as an common drive easement? Buyers beware and you must check where the boundary lines are because I have seen for a 6 pack motorcourt project the property lines were set to the mid point of the motorcourt.

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]The more I look at the floorplans for Carmel (since they won't let me in to see the models) the more I think that they are going to end up selling more Sonomas for TriPointe.

Not only is the location arguably better but for the dollar, Sonoma is looking like a better value with (in my opinion) nicer floor plans.[/quote]

Sonoma does have better plans. The homes are just like you ugly on the outside but good on the inside.

[quote author="ajw522"]

4675 sqft is for Carmel.[/quote]

You may need to include the two narrow plans and their lot sizes. The number you quoted is the master down plan. This plan robbed the lot widths from the other 2 plans. Check the floor plans and you will see the differences. The sales people rarely give you the smaller lot sizes they always quote the largest lot of the entire project. Unless you are buying a specific lot then they will let you know the lot size.

BTW do you have any density informations?

For Montecito does the lot size include 1/2 of the motorcourt and is labeled as an common drive easement? Buyers beware and you must check where the boundary lines are because I have seen for a 6 pack motorcourt project the property lines were set to the mid point of the motorcourt.

[/quote]

Yikes!!! Looks like I have to check with them again on this. Oh wait, it's too late. They have my blood. But it's still good to know. Hopefully it's different on a 4-pack.

[quote author="fe9000"]I am one of the sheeple that will be slaughtered sometime around end of April. I think I will be there to get some "freebie" that I help paid for... <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->[/quote]

Developer knows the value of your blood. Chinese love blood cube (red Tofu) delicacy with beef tripes. You will definitely be drained Halou style since your blood is worth $$. [/quote]

You are right. At least someone thinks I am worth something. I have to give them props on knowing their customer/sheeple. I hope I don't make you mad too much, but sometimes I just think it is what it is...

Sonoma does have better plans. The homes are just like you ugly on the outside but good on the inside.[/quote]
Hehe... now that BK is here more... we really need a Thanks button or bring back the exalt!

Back