Which restaurants can you dine in?

I think it's hard to tell how well restaurants are doing during this lockdown. While dine-in traffic is zero... so is the expense of staffing that type of service.

We went to Maggiano's after Mother's Day (they stopped taking orders mid-day because it was so busy) and they told us that they did almost the same number of sales with only a fraction of the staff that day.

Another restaurant (a Mexican one in Laguna Hills) told us their sales is the same as pre-lockdown and again, with less staffing costs.

And with restrictions easing, it seems more people are willing to get drive-thru/take-out than cooking at home in the last week or so. About 3 weeks ago, that Chick-Fil-A had no line, now they have cones set up in the parking lot because it gets so crowded.

Let's hope the rest of the economy can bounce back quickly without a huge surge of Covid.

Depending on what city you are the oc sheriff will not enforce the mask policy.

No mask okay, cash only.

eyephone said:

No mask okay, cash only.

I was at cvs on Alton last night and guy in front of me had no mask on. Asked cashier if the city doesn't require them any more and she said, yes they do but we've been told if someone isn't wearing one to ignore it (same as letting shoplifters run without going after them). Several people in the store had masks on but their noses were not covered. Guess it's better than nothing.

Looks like more and more places are opening up... I was in Lake Forest getting my kid a haircut and I saw quite a few restaurants with big signs saying "Dining Room Is Now Open!".

Also went to Home Depot in Lake Forest... and it was crowded. @eyephone: I did use the self-checkout scan gun but I hand sanitized when I got to the car.

Ready2Downsize said:
eyephone said:

No mask okay, cash only.

I was at cvs on Alton last night and guy in front of me had no mask on. Asked cashier if the city doesn't require them any more and she said, yes they do but we've been told if someone isn't wearing one to ignore it (same as letting shoplifters run without going after them). Several people in the store had masks on but their noses were not covered. Guess it's better than nothing.

Masks on without your nose covered is basically not wearing a mask...

Cares said:
Ready2Downsize said:
eyephone said:

No mask okay, cash only.

Serious question: Do droplets come out of your nose too or just your mouth?

Cares said:
Ready2Downsize said:
eyephone said:

No mask okay, cash only.

I saw someone SPORT the mask on their wrist. Lol

irvinehomeowner said:
aquabliss said:

I believe there is some scientific model out there that shows droplets come out of extremely muscular calves. :)

Finally, an accurate model :)

aquabliss said:
Cares said:
Ready2Downsize said:
eyephone said:

No mask okay, cash only.

Yes both mouth and nose. And it's also not just prevention of what you exhale but also helps reduce infectious germs that you inhale. So if you're wearing a mask over your mouth only you can fully breathing in germs through your nose.

qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:
aquabliss said:

I believe there is some scientific model out there that shows droplets come out of extremely muscular calves. :)

Finally, an accurate model :)

I am going to ask R2D to sew some calf masks for you.

Or just start wearing these:

MD6577_23_e242c2a2-097c-496b-9999-24146ce1276f_2000x.png

(obviously much smaller than actual qwercalf)

I just realized I put this in the wrong forum... should be in Food and Dining.

Anyways... @USC... I CAN BBQ is now open for dine-in service... the long wait is over!

I hear a lot of OC restaurants now have dine in.  and LA people are coming down to OC to eat.
Los Angeles has the most covid cases in CA.  About 10X more than OC.

Are you guys going to do dine in?  I think I'll wait a bit.

Good luck to the servers and front of house!

Back