Which restaurants can you dine in?

irvinehomeowner said:
As far as I know... I Can BBQ is the only KBBQ with outdoor dining in Irvine but I haven't really looked at the other spots.

I think that popular one on Culver (in the Mitsuwa shopping center) also has outdoor dining.  I see tents in the parking lot.

Ahh yeah... Baekjong... but not AYCE. :)

Still haven't figured out why they dropped the Kang Ho Dang part of their name... I think he's a comedian who first funded the chain.

The Anqi outdoor dining looks pretty fancy.  Kind of like an expensive celebrity wedding in a tent on a ranch in Calabasas.

Need to take my wife on a date night and try this one.

qwerty said:
qwerty said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
qwerty said:
Has anyone tried wagyu meat and grill in Buena Park?

They are opening one up in the old baskin Robbins location at culver/Irvine center drive.

Tempted to go up to Buena Park and get take out. Dishes looks good

Oh that looks tasty, when does the Irvine location open?

Not sure. I?m in that plaza a lot so I?ll update the post when it opens.

USC - Wagyu opened up last week. I have not tried it, but plan on getting takeout sometime this week.

Sweet, thanks for the heads up...I want someone new in my takeout rotation.

My wife got takeout from Wagyu tonight - she got the Wagyu  beef plate. The overall taste of the meat was pretty good. I thought it could have used a little more teriyaki though. I was expecting it to be drenched in teriyaki sauce since a lot of the reviews said the meat was on the sweeter side. It had good flavor as is though. The meat is much better quality than a place like flame broiler.

She also picked up some of the prepackaged and marinated bulgogi. 6 pounds for $30. So we are going to cook that tomorrow for dinner.

I received an email from Paul Martin (Spectrum) and Morton's (Costa Mesa) that their dining rooms are now open. 

aquabliss said:
eyephone said:
aquabliss said:
Try the ?Grilled Prime Beef? with Japanese curry from ?The Rice? in Foothill Ranch.  It?s like Yoshinoya on steroids.https://yelp.to/qTKq/6cLW6PYUz9

People tell me Yoshinoya has a better reputation in Japan.

I tried Yoshinoya in Tokyo.  Tasted about the same to me.

I worked with people from Japan on rotation and they all said Yoshinoya is a lot better in Japan. (Idk)

So I just saw pictures online. Yoshinoya Japan have the following: curry bowl, kimchi bowl, different types of beef bowls, side dishes (pickle set, kimchi set, coleslaw set) egg over the food.

Another thing that stands out is in Japan they use actual bowls and have nice looking condiment box that you see at a typical ramen place in the US. In Japan, wood tile floors, recess lighting, nice architecture features in some restaurants, nice cushion seating.

Yoshinoya is publicly traded in Japan. ;D

All this Yoshinoya talk wants me want to eat a beef bowl (probably been 5+ years).

I noticed the Tustin Yoshinoya Drive-Thru is open until Midnight.  Will keep this in mind for a late night snack run in the future.

Bullsback said:
irvinehomeowner said:
aquabliss said:
best_potsticker_in_town said:
Bullsback said:
paydawg said:
how long is the In n Out drive thru these days during their busy times?  Is it 5 mins longer?  15 mins longer?  I've avoided that place since early March.
I've never waited, but see the one at the marketplace regularly and I've seen it at different points wrapping through the Best Buy & REI parking lot.  My guess was 25 minute + waits, but I did have a friend who went and said the line moves surprisingly quick. Either way - there isn't a fast food burger on the planet I'm waiting / sitting in my car for that long for.

10-15 minutes. They take your order behind Hopdoddy. I was there yesterday and the line stretched to Hopdoddy's front door.

That's quite an insult to Hopdoddy.  They should stand outside and try to sell you their $5 burger:https://www.hopdoddy.com/menu/burgers/5sharetheloveburgerdeal/

404 error. :(

I guess people prefer a longer wait for a less than $3 burger?
Hopdoddy's $5 burger isn't just a burger...it is a burger and fries.  I'm still taking the Habit over any of them but thats a other discussion.

Hopdoddy isn't offering this deal anymore, sadly. I called them and they said it's not available. No Happy Hour either, despite being open indoors now.

Some of the restaurants we have been to have been really busy and it doesn't look like there is any capacity limit. Maybe because they removed some tables it qualifies but seems like some of these booths are closer than 6 ft.

But I'm a hypocrite because I ate there anyways. :(

Won't matter... I think purple is going to put OC in outside dining only again... hopefully the weathers stays moderate the next 2-3 weeks.

We have a circuit of a few plebeian restaurant choices that we repeat for lunch and dinner.  Since March, I think we?ve tried two places outside that circuit when craving Persian food but were not happy enough with the quality of take home/pick up experience or ordering options to add to the circuit. 

I?m seriously sick and tired of Raising Canes.  But it has filled the need for quick and basic when we just don?t want to cook and cleanup another lunch. 

We also occasionally toss a Lucille?s in which is not a regular in the circuit.  Every time I?ve picked up there it has been a ?whoa? they?re busy. A Friday/Saturday 6PM pickup honestly looked like they had more tables set up on the parking lot filled than they had pre-pandemic inside.  Inside at pickup is a line of boxes waiting for pickup.

I walked by Selma's Chicago Pizza in SJC over the weekend and saw people happily eating pizza inside and people at the bar without empty barstools in between. Was surprised, didn't think that was allowed.

During the no dining inside or outside time period we saw many places still doing outdoor.... AND indoor dining.

Some places are just throwing caution to the wind.

A friend of mine told me America is like that one guy in a zombie movie who is bitten but doesn't tell anyone... and then he ends up turning and biting everybody.

That's why our numbers are where they are.

Back