Which one would you choose and why?

I've lived 3 story home before but the first floor was just garage.
This one has one room with garage and I think I use this room as a guest room/office and mainly using other two floors.
Maybe this would be good for me but not for others.
The 3 story townhouse that I lived in was similar. I would say most of 3 story homes are pretty much like this, where you ONLY have garage (and maybe another non-bedroom) on the first floor. Soria at Serrano Summit is the home that I know of that has one of the bedrooms on the first floor.

First floor was garage, laundry room and an extra space that I turned into office.
Second floor was living room, family room and kitchen and front door was also second floor.
Third floor was the three bedrooms (master bedroom w/ master bath) and bathroom.

Garage on first floor and kitchen on second floor means very inconvenient for grocery shopping.

Garage on first floor and kitchen on second floor means very inconvenient for grocery shopping.
Time for the return of the dumbwaiter (you just can't show the kids). :)

You know in this WFH age (well for some of us), having an office on a separate floor than the family can be a good thing.

Kensington for sure.
Next to 5 freeway and 3 story are big no-nos that really limit the buyer pool. Houses with these attributes are the first ones to drop in price in a housing downturn.

Kensington has the much better location, in the central part of Irvine, got a yard, gated..

I am looking for the house for myself.
I've lived close to Cypress Village but not sure about the area around Walnut.
This one in CV has two bedroom on 3rd floor and one in the 1st floor.
I thought if I use 1st floor as a guest room or office, it would be OK since I would be mainly using 2nd and 3rd floor.
I've seen similar homes in Quail Hills with similar price range.

Have a look around this house for smaller 3 bed units:

There isn't any on the market right now, but the 3 bed houses should be priced around 1.5-1.6 million.
The HOA is $150 and I think the mello roos may or may not have expired - check with the county.

The detached condos up the street on Hawk Creek will be cheaper, look around this unit:

I missed this comment... which ones?

I prefer QH area over the other 2 areas you originally posted.
There are these two.
I think both have a similar lay out.

Oooo... both 3 stories. But I like 23 over 39 (extra powder)... but need to change that carpet. :)

I would choose these both over the 2-story Kensington and the 3-story Cypress Village. MR might be cheaper but I think HOA might be higher.

But Quail Hill is a superior location (in my opinion) over the other 2.

Oooo... both 3 stories. But I like 23 over 39 (extra powder)... but need to change that carpet. :)

I would choose these both over the 2-story Kensington and the 3-story Cypress Village. MR might be cheaper but I think HOA might be higher.

But Quail Hill is a superior location (in my opinion) over the other 2.
I do like quail hill location as well.
It might not be "central" but close to beach and more secluded.
I agree blue carpet has to go.
Thanks.

I drove into the Park Lane gated community and first thing I noticed is how tight the streets are. Its definitely not designed by the Irvine Company.

The HOA amenities would be a farcry from what Cypress Village offers. Way more street parking for sure.

To the original poster, I would buy something else than those 2 with that price range. The floor plans are not bad, but the locations of both are not desirable IMHO because of the proximity to the freeway and the trains. Seems like both are pending now so maybe they're not available anymore anyways unless you're the one in escrow.

For three story house, I would recommend you to go to the open house, then walk up the stairs from first floor to the living quarter and offices at least four or times in a row and see if you or your family member is OK with it.

I cancelled my reservation when I noticed my mother can't really walk up three flights of stairs with ease when touring the place. and now with one of my close friend actually own a 3 floor house, all I can say is that it can be a major pain in the butt if you have to transport or hold parties/events on the third floor.

Thanks for all of your replies.
I am now working primarily in overseas and would be back in December.
I like the newer neighborhood (Portola Springs, Cypress Village) but my office is in IE so I am more drawn to north side (North Park or Walnut) of Irvine.
Nobody can't predict what would be like in future market but hopefully it would be more buyer friendly.

Thank you,

Thanks for all of your replies.
I am now working primarily in overseas and would be back in December.
I like the newer neighborhood (Portola Springs, Cypress Village) but my office is in IE so I am more drawn to north side (North Park or Walnut) of Irvine.
Nobody can't predict what would be like in future market but hopefully it would be more buyer friendly.

Thank you,

We'll need inventory levels to increase for things to calm down because as of now we have less than 1.5 months of inventory which is a strong seller's market.

Back