Which neighborhood is the best to raise a family with 1.5+ budget

misme said:
The Tustin school side (groves) is more diverse than the Irvine school side.  Also the asians there tend to be more americanized.

Yes, this is exactly what I am looking for. Expose my kids to new environment step by step. Started from Cypress village, but I feel I should not keep my kids there until high school.

joke4real said:
Kenkoko said:
joke4real said:
I like Turtle rock, but have no confidence to do the remodeling. Also, I don't like closed floor plan, especially my wife or myself cannot visually check our kids in living room area if we are in the kitchen. So I prefer open floor plan and newer houses. Another thing is, even we are fresh out from our home country, Korea, I feel it is not the best experience to live with asian dominating communities, like CV, Stonegate. I checked the demographics of Orchard hills school and Peters canyon elementary school, it is like asian 30%, white 30%.  I am going to check out Padova in orchard hills. Wish me luck..

Your number on Orchard Hills does not seem right.

OH has one of the highest Asian population of all the Irvine neighborhoods. 68.1% Asian and only 24.1% White according to the link below.
https://statisticalatlas.com/neighborhood/California/Irvine/Orchard-Hills/Race-and-Ethnicity

Thank you for correcting me. I was talking about the elementary school. But I was wrong anyway...Asian 51%, white 32%. Well, I should ask to somebody who actually has kids going to Orchard hills school.. 

Will the Asian numbers go up?  Those stats are for when OH was a 5-8 school with a bigger boundary draw.  Now it's a K-8 school with a narrow OH demo.

The lower elementary draws from OH neighborhood.

The middle school draws from the old wider catchment area.

Beckman high school is more diverse with approximately 1/3, 1/3 and 1/3 split of the three major demographic groups in OC.

misme said:
The lower elementary draws from OH neighborhood.

The middle school draws from the old wider catchment area.

Beckman high school is more diverse with approximately 1/3, 1/3 and 1/3 split of the three major demographic groups in OC.

Another good point for me to think about. My kids are lower grade side.. Thank you!

Hi, OP here. We ended buying in Turtle Rock.

joke4real said:
Hey. Just got into this post and read it through.  Seems that the author is not around recently, but I wish to know how this story ended because I've been having quite similar issues and criteria on choosing house. Started from Cypress village, I've looked into all most all of communities in Irvine..I even tried Ladera Ranch and Esencia. Recently, I almost concluded that I should narrow down my searching area - Orchard hills with TUSD or gated communities in Peters canyon elementary school range El Dorado or Emerson.

melodypowell said:
Hi, OP here. We ended buying in Turtle Rock.

joke4real said:
Hey. Just got into this post and read it through.  Seems that the author is not around recently, but I wish to know how this story ended because I've been having quite similar issues and criteria on choosing house. Started from Cypress village, I've looked into all most all of communities in Irvine..I even tried Ladera Ranch and Esencia. Recently, I almost concluded that I should narrow down my searching area - Orchard hills with TUSD or gated communities in Peters canyon elementary school range El Dorado or Emerson.

Good to hear from you! How was the remodeling?

Back