Which Irvine village offers best value for investment property?

Panda said:
I would also say that a distressed Condo, Townhouse, or 3/2 SFR in West Irvine would have the better CAP rate in Irvine vs a brand new house in Portola Springs or Orchard Hills which would have the worst CAP rate.

I guess any property in Irvine will cash flow if you put down 50%, but is that the way you want to invest your hard earned capital in real estate? I don't think so.

You should look at what Panda has to offer in Georgia.  Its MUCH more appealing than Irvine.

MagicJ1zz said:
I beg to differ.  If you can rent to a birth tourist from mainland China who will pay you nearly $5k-10k/mo. for 3-5 months for her stay, then it's worth it anywhere in Irvine.  Who cares if it's vacant 2 months out of the year.  I'll also gladly take her to the hospital when her due date is near.  That'll be part of the "rent package".  ;)  2 birth tourists per year, 5 months per person.  10 months is good enough @ $5k rent each month when the breakeven point is around $2300.

These people want to stay low-key but need the convenience since they are used to having convenient shops nearby like in Asia.  Plus if you can speak Mandarin like half the people on TI here, then you're way ahead of the 'white' folks. 

The key is that the home needs to be 1st floor since they won't like climbing stairs and close to shopping centers.  I'm talking walking-distance close like Woodbury Towne Center or Quail Hill Center.

How about the risk factor? What if they get cought? (Then they might make a plea deal and rat you out)

classy. its illegal/its unethical, run prostitution ring, sell some weed, teach my kid to lie about his address to attend Irvine schools. its ok as long as you don't get caught since everyone else is doing it too, right?

MagicJ1zz said:
nyc to oc said:
classy. its illegal/its unethical, run prostitution ring, sell some weed, teach my kid to lie about his address to attend Irvine schools. its ok as long as you don't get caught since everyone else is doing it too, right?

yep, just don't get caught, stay under the radar.  Balance the risk/reward a bit.  I'm sure every Asian on here knows what I'm talking about.  Just watch the tv show fresh off the boat and you'll likely relate.  If you don't get the show, then clearly, nobody can help you.

That show isn't credible. They wear shoes in their house. Which legit Asian family wears shoes in the house?!!

bones said:
MagicJ1zz said:
nyc to oc said:

yep, just don't get caught, stay under the radar.  Balance the risk/reward a bit.  I'm sure every Asian on here knows what I'm talking about.  Just watch the tv show fresh off the boat and you'll likely relate.  If you don't get the show, then clearly, nobody can help you.

That show isn't credible. They wear shoes in their house. Which legit Asian family wears shoes in the house?!!

I don't need to put words in your mouth. Your own words speak loudly enough on their own. Just stop acting like you're the spokesperson for "every Asian on here" because we do NOT all think like you. And if I'm wrong, and you're right, god help me, and I've got to GTFO of Irvine.

MagicJ1zz said:
I'm thinking you're too white washed to eat any of this.  So the argument of representing "all Asians" is quite moot since you're not really the type of 'Asian' I'm trying to represent.  I'm trying to represent the 'Asians' who can truly stomach this stuff like I can.  Pork blood is the sh** and you can find some at Class 302 on Culver.
How about you just represent yourself and stop making yourself out to be some self appointed spokeseperson for a very heterogeneous group of people?

BTW, I'm sure glad you clarified that I don't have the honor of getting membership in your group of "real Asians" based on your description of what that entails.

Jokes on you though, because you'll likely find that your kids will grow up to be twinkies anyway.

MagicJ1zz said:
I'm trying to represent the 'Asians' who can truly stomach this stuff like I can.

Does it win some sort of achievement badge somewhere? 

nyc to oc said:
Jokes on you though, because you'll likely find that your kids will grow up to be twinkies anyway.

My kids love ketchup on their rice. 

What I've learned so far:

Asian = eating duck innards and pork blood and cheating

Interesting. Isn't it like:

[Any race] = eating [something different] and cheating

Don't know who said this but:

"If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying!"

:)

irvinehomeowner said:
What I've learned so far:

Asian = eating duck innards and pork blood and cheating

Interesting. Isn't it like:

[Any race] = eating [something different] and cheating

Don't know who said this but:

"If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying!"

:)

Well said... that pretty much sums it up. 

Eh, actually...

"Blood sausage" and "black pudding" made with pig's blood are also dishes from Europe and Americas.  You can find them served with English full breakfast.  In America blood sausage is also featured in Cajun cuisine.
http://www.bourgeoismeatmarket.com/shop/blood-boudin/

Also, traditionally, intestines are used for sausage casing around the world.

momopi said:
Eh, actually...

"Blood sausage" and "black pudding" made with pig's blood are also dishes from Europe and Americas.  You can find them served with English full breakfast.  In America blood sausage is also featured in Cajun cuisine.

The discussion as interesting as it is, has moved way off the orbit of thread topic.

Cornflakes said:
momopi said:
Eh, actually...

The discussion as interesting as it is, has moved way off the orbit of thread topic.

Haters may argue that `Irvine village' and `pig's blood' go hand-in-hand.

Everything J1zz says is true.  You just have to look and you'll find it.  I didn't know Korean fresh off the boat prostitutes were $200 now.  It use to be $120 + $40 tip in Rowland...perhaps Irvine is more expensive because rent costs more.

No one cared the birth toursim started with HK & Taiwan a long time ago.  But when China decided to do it, it became hard to ignore.

My friend use to send small quantities of pot through the mail when he was in Amsterdam.  It is illegal, but it was a small amount so no one cared.

Back