Where to buy squaw bread in Irvine

Ralphs at the woodbury center has a good honeywheat bread with oats that is just as good as cheesecake factory's or black angus'

what qwerty said. i love that bread and it does taste exactly like the brown bread at cheesecake factory. i often go to the rack at the back of the store near dairy. they often those rolls on sale. day old, but half price. i can live with that.

Wholesome Choice might have it. They bake lots of different types of fresh breads. I love their Persian flat breads.

Has anyone had experiencing baking the sweet dark bread themselves? I like the bread at Outback & Black Angus too, they're very good.

I've considered getting a bread maker, but I live in a small condo and kitchen space is limited. So I'd need something relatively compact and make half loafs (?).

I like Squaw breads and the little dark loafs they serve at many restaurants. But I don't like sourdough. I've never owned a bread machine before so am pretty clueless here. I read that some could even make mochi? Would love to have one.

<p>I have been on a quest to find squaw bread as well. Wholesome Choice has it and so does the new Sprout store on Alton.</p>

<p>You don't knead (heh, heh) a bread maker to make bread!! You need yeast and water and sugar or honey and flour of your choice and liquid of your choice, and some elbow grease. Tomato juice makes otherwise stiff whole grain soft.</p>

<p>Get a cookbook. Or a bread cookbook at the healthfood store. Read what it says about kneading. Knead. I like to mix stuff in a big flat bottomed bowl, and then knead and let rise in the same bowl. I'm very lazy as far as clean up is concerned.</p>

<p>You even get a little bit of exercise. And learn a little bit of craft when judging it is just right. I really love whole grain kamut flour; it is not whole wheat-y at all, and has superior digestibility. It's an ancient grain and so good I fail to see why primitive people developed the later varieties. Only at a health food store. Spelt is second best.</p>

<p> </p>

Costco sells some dark molasses rolls. They don't call it Squaw bread but I think it's called Arizona something or other. I haven't tried it so can't vouch for it, but it looks good.

[quote author="almon" date=1200023787]And we also like the dark bread served at Outback Steakhouse. What is it called?</blockquote>

Yes, that place has awesome bread, I love it. Not sure if that stuff is squaw or not but close. I know because of PC reasons they stopped calling it that about 13 years ago (not that I really care) but if I can think of the new name, I'll let ya know. Why not email Outback and see where they get it?

[quote author="momopi" date=1200093123]Has anyone had experiencing baking the sweet dark bread themselves? I like the bread at Outback & Black Angus too, they're very good.

I've considered getting a bread maker, but I live in a small condo and kitchen space is limited. So I'd need something relatively compact and make half loafs (?).

I like Squaw breads and the little dark loafs they serve at many restaurants. But I don't like sourdough. I've never owned a bread machine before so am pretty clueless here. I read that some could even make mochi? Would love to have one.</blockquote>

<a href="http://www.zojirushi.com/ourproducts/breadmakers/bb_hac.html">Zojirushi makes a breadmaker that makes half loaves.</a> I'm not quite sure where you can get. Amazon, perhaps? Or maybe Mitsuwa or Marukai.

I visited Sprouts Farmers Market in Tustin by Newport & Holt this week. They had squaw bread loaf, large roundish squaw bread, and even squaw bread dinner rolls. @_@ Look for "Oasis sweet dark prairie bread".

[quote author="freedomCM" date=1221726375]Sunflour Natural Bakery (714) 424-0176 2950 Grace Ln, Costa Mesa, CA

Find our products in HENRYS, WHOLE FOODS , RALPHS (FRESH FAIR) and Mothers Markets throughout Southern California

types of breads:

http://www.sunflourbakery.net/mylink.php?id=1135

or for something sweet:

French's Cupcake (949) 642-0571 273 E 17th St, Costa Mesa, CA</blockquote>

If you work for them (or own the place), might want to check URL links near bottom of the page, they're still pointing to the old site and not working.

The "home" "wholesale" "contact" links on top right is not working.

Also, whoever built the site neglected to put in page/site titles.

Back