When would be next housing Bottom?

Typical LL non response when he gets disproven by his own post.

He?ll probably wait until the fallout from Covid to show how prices have dropped.

Even with COVID, quality starter homes in greater LA/OC are holding value or even increasing in price with extremely low interest rates.

Cares said:
Even with COVID, quality starter homes in greater LA/OC are holding value or even increasing in price with extremely low interest rates.

Lack of inventory is the leading contributor to that.

I thought this was the leading contributor.

tenor.gif

CNBC article: U.S. housing starts fall sharply in April

U.S. homebuilding dropped to a five-year low in April.

Housing starts tumbled 30.2% to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 891,000 units last month, the lowest level since early 2015, the Commerce Department said on Tuesday.

Housing starts dropped 29.7% on a year-on-year basis in April. Homebuilding fell in all four regions last month.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/19/us-housing-starts-april-2020.html

Mety said:
So eyephone, how are you liking renting so far?

CBS News: Growing number of Americans say: We're not paying the rent

Thousands of people around the U.S. are calling for politicians to cancel rent and mortgages, with temporary legal restrictions on evictions set to expire in many states in a matter of weeks.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cancel-rent-strike-may-1/

Sorry I do not rent. But someone people are renting for Freeeee! (You are killing me Larry) So people that do this suppose to pay back the landlord for the months they do not pay. How long will this take for the landlord to get back rents?

eyephone said:
Mety said:
So eyephone, how are you liking renting so far?

CBS News: Growing number of Americans say: We're not paying the rent

Thousands of people around the U.S. are calling for politicians to cancel rent and mortgages, with temporary legal restrictions on evictions set to expire in many states in a matter of weeks.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cancel-rent-strike-may-1/

Sorry I do not rent. But someone people are renting for Freeeee! (You are killing me Larry) So people that do this suppose to pay back the landlord for the months they do not pay. How long will this take for the landlord to get back rents?

Looks like California is crafting a way to help renters and landlords out, this will really get interesting if the proposed bill passes (see below).

In 2 proposals to help the state recover from the coronavirus, Calif. Senate leaders on May 12 unveiled new plans to provide long-term aid for struggling renters, landlords & create a $25 billion economic recovery fund.

The housing proposal would allow landlords to receive tax credits for rent payments missed by tenants, in exchange for promising to halt evictions.

Tenants would be able to repay the state over 10 years for missed rent under the voluntary program.

?It?s intended to cushion the blow for both groups,? said Sen. Bradford (D-Gardena), Chair of the Banking and Financial committee.

?We'll keep tenants housed & will keep landlords out of foreclosure.?

The pandemic relief package comes as 4 million Californians are out of work & the state has paid more than $10 billion in unemployment benefits.

Advocates for tenants and landlords are concerned about accumulating unpaid rents and mortgages as the virus restrictions extend indefinitely.

About 10,000 tenants signed an online pledge organized by the Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment to go on a rent strike May 1.

Tom Bannon, CEO of the California Apartment Association,(CAA) called the senate proposal a ?creative effort? but stopped short of a full endorsement.

?The CAA is committed to working with the Senate to refine this voluntary program to ensure tenants can stay in their homes and rental property owners ? especially mom and pop owners ? are able to continue to pay their bills and their employees,? Bannon said in a statement.

The plan spreads tax credits and rent repayments between 2024 and 2033.

Landlords would be able to sell the state credits for immediate income.

Tenants will have to prove they are impacted by the pandemic, and rent forgiveness would only be granted to the neediest cases.

The proposal could cost $3 & $5 billion over a decade, but the price tag is expected to diminish as tenants repay their rent debts to the state.

Senate Democratic leaders also proposed an income tax pre-payment program, offering discounts for companies & persons paying tax bills early.

The voluntary program could generate $25 billion in short-term revenue.

That plan would draw $16 billion from state reserves and get another $25 billion from spending cuts and fund transfers.

It also counts on $53 billion in federal support and COVID related payments.

The housing and relief proposals, still lacking key details, face legislative hearings and need Newsom?s approval.

So the article states they are crafting or drafting a plan. But is there enough money in the budget to do this?

(they might do this or not)

irvinehomeowner said:

He?ll probably wait until the fallout from Covid to show how prices have dropped.

The data in the chart shows a massive price drop in Irvine year-over-year.  Why would I have to wait until Covid shows further price drops?

CONGRATULATIONS!  YOUR HOME JUST LOST MORE VALUE!!

Liar Loan said:
irvinehomeowner said:

The data in the chart shows a massive price drop in Irvine year-over-year.  Why would I have to wait until Covid shows further price drops?

Keep dancing... it's so funny.

eyephone said:
So the article states they are crafting or drafting a plan. But is there enough money in the budget to do this?

(they might do this or not)

No sure, they are proposals for now so we'll see if they turn into something real.

Liar Loan said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Let me know which one is massively price drop, link please, so I can have an option and make an inform purchase, when you see one. I actually would love to buy one at a massive discount but could not find one.

Thanks

paydawg said:
I wonder if we're going to start seeing any evidence of this in Irvine and the rest of OC:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...rich-fleeing-america-s-big-cities-for-suburbs

Young Join the Rich Fleeing America?s Big Cities for Suburbs

I saw a report earlier today on CNBC how the activity of the rich buying homes in the suburbs of Westchester County, New Jersey, and Long Island (Hamptons) is increasing in the past month. If the trend is true then we may see more people moving out to the suburb from urban dense areas, this will be supported by the increasing work from home trend. Those folks that are relocating to Irvine from the more dense areas you'll see people wanting lofts, office/dens, and/or extra bedrooms so they can work from home more comfortably.

"Those folks that are relocating to Irvine from the more dense areas you'll see people wanting lofts, office/dens, and/or extra bedrooms so they can work from home more comfortably."

Based on what you said USC do you think this may push up demand for 4bd homes less than 1.25m which were not appreciating like the 3bd were this past year?

USCTrojanCPA said:
paydawg said:
I wonder if we're going to start seeing any evidence of this in Irvine and the rest of OC:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...rich-fleeing-america-s-big-cities-for-suburbs

I saw a report earlier today on CNBC how the activity of the rich buying homes in the suburbs of Westchester County, New Jersey, and Long Island (Hamptons) is increasing in the past month. If the trend is true then we may see more people moving out to the suburb from urban dense areas, this will be supported by the increasing work from home trend. Those folks that are relocating to Irvine from the more dense areas you'll see people wanting lofts, office/dens, and/or extra bedrooms so they can work from home more comfortably.

shahshah said:
"Those folks that are relocating to Irvine from the more dense areas you'll see people wanting lofts, office/dens, and/or extra bedrooms so they can work from home more comfortably."

Based on what you said USC do you think this may push up demand for 4bd homes less than 1.25m which were not appreciating like the 3bd were this past year?

USCTrojanCPA said:
paydawg said:

It may very well lift prices of older homes with more traditional layouts that have 4+ bedrooms under $1.2m.

Back