When will quarterly US GDP exceed 2019Q4?

Which quarter will the US economic output exceed the pre-COVID level?

• 2020Q3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2020Q4

• 2021Q1

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • 2021Q2

• 2021Q3 or later

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
morekaos said:
Compressed-Village said:
Best jokes of the day!!!

Best jokes of the year!!! Keep it going, this is almost better than laughing gas.

Day of reckoning is coming CV...10:1!!

CV, are you hedging your bet with me? ;D ;) >:D

Mystery British businessman bets $5million on Donald Trump winning the US presidential election in 'largest political wager ever made'
[url]https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8907577/Mystery-British-businessman-bets-5million-Donald-Trump-winning-presidential-election.html[/url]

morekaos said:
Markets hint the way...
All the big banks like a blue wave in the short term when it comes to the stimulus, etc.  That is what is priced in with this AM's jump.  Whether reality aligns, who knows. 

Baloney, stimulus is not going to come, at least not in the size Dems want.  Manufacturing orders blew doors off.  A continuation of policies will mean a very strong economy in 2021 and that takes keeping Trump in power.  That is what the markets sense.

ECONOMY
U.S. manufacturing near two-year high in October

U.S. manufacturing activity accelerated in October, with new orders jumping to their highest level in nearly 17 years amid a shift in spending toward goods like motor vehicles as the COVID-19 pandemic drags on.
The Institute for Supply Management (ISM) said on Monday its index of national factory activity increased to a reading of 59.3 last month.
That was the highest since November 2018 and followed a reading of 55.4 in September.
[url]https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/02/ism-manufacturing-october-2020.html[/url]

Everyone is at home depot buying so much crap I can't keep my warehouse stocked.
All that vacation money going into home improvement...

That, and the gasoline and car insurance they're not buying.  I filled my tank last week only because I was going on a very rare road trip.  It was 3/4 full still.  The last time I bought gas before that was 2 months ago.

daedalus said:
That, and the gasoline and car insurance they're not buying.  I filled my tank last week only because I was going on a very rare road trip.  It was 3/4 full still.  The last time I bought gas before that was 2 months ago.

You may not be filling up your tank but the Costco gas stations are as full as I've seen then before Covid.

Back