What's playing in your car?

Irvinian_IHB

I usually have KPCC on however due to the fund raising event this week, I had it on KCRW. Other times I play a lot of R&B and Soul from 60s-present from my ipod.

Poll dedicated to RC

Hey how about about a choice for the Sirius/XM Satellite radio subscribers? Or free HD radio? I actually think the reception for HD really sucks at times. And it takes a while for channels to turn on. Sirius XM reception is pretty good and lots of choices. I especially like my XM traffic overlay for my nav system.

Most of the time silence, unless I'm stuck in traffic then I'll listen to the am traffic reports. I used to listen to KPCC until the election, but there was only so much anti-bush/republican reporting I could listen to. I can't stand AM talk radio for the same reason - there is only so much pro-republican/anti-obama I can listen to, not to mention John & Ken whom I absolutely abhor. They need to talk about something other than illegal immigrants. FM radio has too many commercials and I don't really like much of the music they play anyway. My car is cheap and has a crappy stereo system so listening to CDs give me a headache because I have to turn the volume all the way up to hear anything properly.

Once upon a time, it was the On Broadway channel on XM. Now I only listen to it on my DirecTV feed.

Now in my car I switch between FM, "upbeat" CDs I make for my long drives, and Broadway cast albums. Avenue Q is in the changer now.

[quote author="caycifish" date=1245025882]Once upon a time, it was the On Broadway channel on XM. Now I only listen to it on my DirecTV feed. </blockquote>

You know, I always wondered who was listening to that channel. Now I know, I had no idea it was you!

[quote author="ABC123" date=1245025518]Most of the time silence, unless I'm stuck in traffic then I'll listen to the am traffic reports. I used to listen to KPCC until the election, but there was only so much anti-bush/republican reporting I could listen to. I can't stand AM talk radio for the same reason - there is only so much pro-republican/anti-obama I can listen to, not to mention John & Ken whom I absolutely abhor. They need to talk about something other than illegal immigrants. FM radio has too many commercials and I don't really like much of the music they play anyway. My car is cheap and has a crappy stereo system so listening to CDs give me a headache because I have to turn the volume all the way up to hear anything properly.</blockquote>

My stations are KPCC & KCRW, I totally agree about the public radio being center left; but I feel the same way about the Christian radio, I ot sick and tired to feeling like the world was going to end on the Frank Pastore show; and the Dennis Pregar. I admit I just want to be entertained; from a long day of driving...

I like listening to <a href="http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2009/04/22/125-bob-marley/">Bob Marley</a>, <a href="http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/11/18/116-black-music-that-black-people-dont-listen-to-anymore/">Black Music that Black people don't listen to anymore</a>, <a href="http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/09/01/108-appearing-to-enjoy-classical-music/">faking that I like classical music</a>, <a href="http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/01/31/44-public-radio/">NPR</a>, and <a href="http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/01/30/40-indie-music/">indie music.</a>

For part of my drive, I switch between KNX and KFWB to hear the traffic "on the ones" and "on the fives" so that I can decide which freeways to take. Once I get the traffic and a quick overview of local news, I switch between KROQ and country (105.1, don't remember the name). During football season, I listen to sports radio a few mornings or evenings a week. I used to listen to NPR a lot but not much anymore.

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1245073670]I either listen to KROQ or Sports Talk Radio (710 on the way to work and 570 on the way home).</blockquote>

The Herd on the way to work and Petros & Money on the way home?

I'm usually on XM in the car. If the Espn/Fox Sports channels are on commercials, I check the music stations.

Generally on XM --- and mostly flip between XM 20 or 21 (Top 40) and 26 or 54 (90's alt rock) . When I'm really feeling crazy I'll hit up 41 (80's Hair Metal) or 67 (Hip Hop).

On the free airwaves generally on 97.1 (KIIS without the mindless talking) or 98.7 (KROQ without the mindless talking). Starting to spend more time on 104.3 (MyFM?) now, too. My age is starting to show, I guess.

[quote author="25inIrvine" date=1245111269][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1245073670]I either listen to KROQ or Sports Talk Radio (710 on the way to work and 570 on the way home).</blockquote>

The Herd on the way to work and Petros & Money on the way home?

I'm usually on XM in the car. If the Espn/Fox Sports channels are on commercials, I check the music stations.</blockquote>
You got it Sir. I enjoy The Herd because Collin just says it how it is and P & M are hilarious together.

In the mornings I still like Kevin & Bean on KROQ but that's pretty much the only time I listed to KROQ. For me in general, 93.1 JACK fm is the best station to listen to - they play a lot of music that I love. I used to like listening to Heidi, Frostee and Frank on 97.1 at lunch but since they're gone, the only talk radio I listen to is KPCC on my way home and during lunch. I like the music on the new 97.1 and on Power 106 when I need something upbeat. For those times when there's nothing on, I have a few CD's that rotate around in the car.

Back