What's going into escrow - Irvine and maybe some Tustin too

[quote author="ipoplaya" date=1228471488]?????</blockquote>

So does this translate to "I love you, too" or "She always does things her way and doesn't change for anyone" ?

I found it both ways :lol:

[quote author="WestparkRenter" date=1228474623]Look, there are few houses in TR that are on sales. Some have WTF prices, some have prices that they want to sell today. There is not enough evidence to say prices for 2008 have not falling, for a resale market that is not easy to calibrate especially for big houses. So not using things in the past is not entirely not correct. But let's not switch the subject here. Since your mother is Chinese I'm sure you were raised to understand English language not written/spoken exactly but rather the underlying meaning of the conversation. At my work place they have lessons to teach people who work with a lot of different nationalities who are not native speaker to understand the context of the conversation not what was exactly written and spoken. In your case, I think you failed especially when you live in Irvine where there are a lot of different nationalities who don't speak English 100%, my Japanese neigbor can't even explain he lost a golf ball in my backyard even. You love to harp on little things to prove the other person wrong. The result is you get eggs on your face.</blockquote>

My mother WAS Chinese, not IS. She passed away in '99... Good example of the use of past and present tense though. She made a mean egg foo yung. Yum...

If she would have said 2004 and meant 2007, I would have questioned and corrected her too. When I was little, she could barely speak English and couldn't read at all. By the time I finished college, helping her with her language skills during my years growing up, she could read, write, and speak the language fairly well. Was I picking on her by pushing her to improve her language skills? No. I was helping her improve herself and learn more about the world she was living in...

[quote author="Anon." date=1228476174][quote author="ipoplaya" date=1228471488]?????</blockquote>

So does this translate to "I love you, too" or "She always does things her way and doesn't change for anyone" ?

I found it both ways :lol:</blockquote>

Bingo! It's "I love you, too", at least I think it is...

[quote author="ipoplaya" date=1228476296][quote author="Anon." date=1228476174][quote author="ipoplaya" date=1228471488]?????</blockquote>

Bingo! It's "I love you, too", at least I think it is...</blockquote>

I thought both translations might fit ;)

I'm part Chinese, too, but have to use a translator to figure out the writing.

[quote author="ipoplaya" date=1228476235][quote author="WestparkRenter" date=1228474623]Look, there are few houses in TR that are on sales. Some have WTF prices, some have prices that they want to sell today. There is not enough evidence to say prices for 2008 have not falling, for a resale market that is not easy to calibrate especially for big houses. So not using things in the past is not entirely not correct. But let's not switch the subject here. Since your mother is Chinese I'm sure you were raised to understand English language not written/spoken exactly but rather the underlying meaning of the conversation. At my work place they have lessons to teach people who work with a lot of different nationalities who are not native speaker to understand the context of the conversation not what was exactly written and spoken. In your case, I think you failed especially when you live in Irvine where there are a lot of different nationalities who don't speak English 100%, my Japanese neigbor can't even explain he lost a golf ball in my backyard even. You love to harp on little things to prove the other person wrong. The result is you get eggs on your face.</blockquote>

My mother WAS Chinese, not IS. She passed away in '99... Good example of the use of past and present tense though. She made a mean egg foo yung. Yum...

If she would have said 2004 and meant 2007, I would have questioned and corrected her too. When I was little, she could barely speak English and couldn't read at all. By the time I finished college, helping her with her language skills during my years growing up, she could read, write, and speak the language fairly well. Was I picking on her by pushing her to improve her language skills? No. I was helping her improve herself and learn more about the world she was living in...</blockquote>

Well I did not know she was dead.

On WPR's favorite topic of prices going down, <a href="http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/33-Dinuba-Irvine-CA-92602/51633022_zpid">this house in Northpark,</a> just closed for $875K, or around $390/sf.

The same sized (probably the same model) Sonoma tract Northpark home (9 Bodega Bay) one street over closed for $850K ten months ago on 2/1/08...

[quote author="Anon." date=1228476446][quote author="ipoplaya" date=1228476296][quote author="Anon." date=1228476174][quote author="ipoplaya" date=1228471488]?????</blockquote>

Bingo! It's "I love you, too", at least I think it is...</blockquote>

I thought both translations might fit ;)

I'm part Chinese, too, but have to use a translator to figure out the writing.</blockquote>

????? is the proper sequence of saying I love you too. In Chinese an adverb is positioned before a verb. Here are some examples of direct word per word translation to English.

Me teach ghost man Chinese. Me long time no use Chinese.

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1228478978]????? is the proper sequence of saying I love you too. In Chinese an adverb is positioned before a verb. Here are some examples of direct word per word translation to English.

Me teach ghost man Chinese. Me long time no use Chinese.</blockquote>

????! ??!

(Maybe I got it right this time) ;)

I came to read a housing forum and a hockey match broke out.

I think MORON and STUPID should be on the banned list since they make assumptions about education and intelligence.

A$$HOLE and TWIT are okay because these are character based adjectives and can somewhat be ascertained through forum conversation (although not an exact science).

SISSY is not PC as it alludes to gender-based assumptions.

Referenes to mothers, although a popular form of insult, should be refrained from due to unknown circumstances such as death or illness.

Got that?

Okay.... FIGHT!

[quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1228486510]I came to read a housing forum and a hockey match broke out.

I think MORON and STUPID should be on the banned list since they make assumptions about education and intelligence.

A$$HOLE and TWIT are okay because these are character based adjectives and can somewhat be ascertained through forum conversation (although not an exact science).

SISSY is not PC as it alludes to gender-based assumptions.

Referenes to mothers, although a popular form of insult, should be refrained from due to unknown circumstances such as death or illness.

Got that?

Okay.... FIGHT!</blockquote>

Eh, I take it all in stride IHO... I have some pretty thick skin. WPR is entitled to such opinions. Personally, I would never elect to venture such criticisms against people even if I thought/believed them, but to each his or her own. Heck, I am an a$$hole and an SOB sometimes. I won't disagree there! I was trolling tonight and had some good fun...

[quote author="ipoplaya" date=1228477430]On WPR's favorite topic of prices going down, <a href="http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/33-Dinuba-Irvine-CA-92602/51633022_zpid">this house in Northpark,</a> just closed for $875K, or around $390/sf.

The same sized (probably the same model) Sonoma tract Northpark home (9 Bodega Bay) one street over closed for $850K ten months ago on 2/1/08...</blockquote>

That?s a $25K difference.

Maybe 33 Dinuba is in a better location, more upgrades etc.

Shouldn't that be taken into account?

You said the same thing when I brought up 23 Lookout.

Cantaloop came in and schooled you.

Adding that 23 Lookout was significantly better than the clearly inferior 50 Winding Way.

Which you pointed out sold for a whopping $28K less.

[quote author="tenmagnet" date=1228525971]

</blockquote>

You're reaching bro. Those houses are one removed from backing up to each other. Both interior locations, same lot sizes, etc. You think crown moulding and maybe some hardwood works out to $50K? Differences in finishes on 2200sf tract homes aren't going to camoflauge a big decline.

Like I said before, for every house you could find selling at a discount to comps early this year, I can probably find one selling for around same price. Why? Because prices in Irvine haven't moved down materially for the most part for the past 9-10 months.

When everyone got all rah rah about 2008 being a blood bath for Irvine prices early this year, after the Nov 2007 - Feb 2008 free fall, I cautioned against that notion because inventory never came back up in the early Spring to similar levels. I don't see much in the market today to cause further big declines in the near term either. Mortgage rates are low and probably getting lower. Governments are slowing/delaying foreclosures. Equity markets are probably near a bottom. Unemployment in OC, when it gets hardcore enough, will likely take another chunk out of prices, but I think we are in store for a more of a long, slow, slide vs. anything resembling the declines in late 2007/early 2008.

If things are as they are today in the Spring, i.e. mortgage rates in the 5's (or even 4's!?) and prices haven't moved down, we will probably look to "pull the trigger" as you say. With the amount of interference in the free markets the government is doing, they could drag this housing correction out for another five years and we sure as hell won't wait that long to get a place...

[quote author="tenmagnet" date=1228525971][quote author="ipoplaya" date=1228477430]On WPR's favorite topic of prices going down, <a href="http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/33-Dinuba-Irvine-CA-92602/51633022_zpid">this house in Northpark,</a> just closed for $875K, or around $390/sf.

The same sized (probably the same model) Sonoma tract Northpark home (9 Bodega Bay) one street over closed for $850K ten months ago on 2/1/08...</blockquote>

You said the same thing when I brought up 23 Lookout.

Cantaloop came in and schooled you.

Adding that 23 Lookout was significantly better than the clearly inferior 50 Winding Way.

Which you pointed out sold for a whopping $28K less.</blockquote>

Whoops, sorry, I messed up my data. Correction - 9 Bodega Bay was listed for $850K. Sold for $810K. So Dinuba went for $65K more, ten months later.

[quote author="ipoplaya" date=1228527319][quote author="tenmagnet" date=1228525971]

</blockquote>

You're reaching bro. Those houses are one removed from backing up to each other. Both interior locations, same lot sizes, etc. You think crown moulding and maybe some hardwood works out to $50K? Differences in finishes on 2200sf tract homes aren't going to camoflauge a big decline.

Like I said before, for every house you could find selling at a discount to comps early this year, I can probably find one selling for around same price. Why? Because prices in Irvine haven't moved down materially for the most part for the past 9-10 months.

When everyone got all rah rah about 2008 being a blood bath for Irvine prices early this year, after the Nov 2007 - Feb 2008 free fall, I cautioned against that notion because inventory never came back up in the early Spring to similar levels. I don't see much in the market today to cause further big declines in the near term either. Mortgage rates are low and probably getting lower. Governments are slowing/delaying foreclosures. Equity markets are probably near a bottom. Unemployment in OC, when it gets hardcore enough, will likely take another chunk out of prices, but I think we are in store for a more of a long, slow, slide vs. anything resembling the declines in late 2007/early 2008.

If things are as they are today in the Spring, i.e. mortgage rates in the 5's (or even 4's!?) and prices haven't moved down, we will probably look to "pull the trigger" as you say. With the amount of interference in the free markets the government is doing, they could drag this housing correction out for another five years and we sure as hell won't wait that long to get a place...</blockquote>

How am I reaching?

A third person, Cantaloop confirmed 23 Lookout was better than the lame example you provided.

Furthermore, you scoffed at a 15% decline off peak.

That may not mean or be much to you but to some of us that?s significant.

You?re game plan is different than mine.

When and where you decide to buy is entirely up to you.

I?m comfortable with what?s happened.

No problem stepping in even if no further declines take place.

If that?s the case, I?ll take 15% off peak and move forward.

Round 2:

In the red corner coming out with a flurry of quick punches is WPR looking very fit and ready to fight. From the blue corner is a relaxed looking IPO taking the punches in his stride.

A shout goes up from the crowd!! What is this? Ten has entered the ring and is trying to lay into IPO. Ladies and gentlemen I have not seen anything this dirty in all my years of house buying.

For your viewing pleasure

<object width="325" height="250"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/youtube" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="325" height="250"></embed></object>

I got a juicy one for WPR... <a href="http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3-Deauville-Irvine-CA-92606/25475349_zpid">This house in Westpark</a>, just closed for $850K, an early 2005 price. The same plan house, just across the street, with similar lot size, sold for $874K in Feb 2008, ten months ago. Congrats to IHO BTW for getting a great price.

December closing prices so far are 8% above November's level. Small sample size though so the number is mostly meaningless at this point and higher price point homes for the most part...

I took a look at the median CS index levels for closes over the past couple of months. Houses selling for over $800K have in general held their values 6-7% better than houses selling under $800K. In other words, the higher end hasn't fallen nearly as far as yet.

[quote author="ipoplaya" date=1228642956]I got a juicy one for WPR... <a href="http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3-Deauville-Irvine-CA-92606/25475349_zpid">This house in Westpark</a>, just closed for $850K, an early 2005 price. The same plan house, just across the street, with similar lot size, sold for $874K in Feb 2008, ten months ago. Congrats to IHO BTW for getting a great price.

December closing prices so far are 8% above November's level. Small sample size though so the number is mostly meaningless at this point and higher price point homes for the most part...

I took a look at the median CS index levels for closes over the past couple of months. Houses selling for over $800K have in general held their values 6-7% better than houses selling under $800K. In other words, the higher end hasn't fallen nearly as far as yet.</blockquote>

I saw that home at 3 Deauville. Nice big side yard and not much in upgrades but bad location next door to busy Culver.

[quote author="ipoplaya" date=1228642956]I got a juicy one for WPR... <a href="http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3-Deauville-Irvine-CA-92606/25475349_zpid">This house in Westpark</a>, just closed for $850K, an early 2005 price. The same plan house, just across the street, with similar lot size, sold for $874K in Feb 2008, ten months ago. <span style="color: red;"><strong>Congrats to IHO BTW for getting a great price.</strong></span>

I took a look at the median CS index levels for closes over the past couple of months. Houses selling for over $800K have in general held their values 6-7% better than houses selling under $800K. In other words, the higher end hasn't fallen nearly as far as yet.</blockquote>

IHO + IPOP = IHOP

Coincidence? I think not.

Congratulations IHO. Great news.

Back