What kind of garage do you prefer?

[quote author="IACRenter" date=1244767255]

This <a href="http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/12-Riverside-92602/home/5772594">home </a>in NP has a <a href="http://floorplans.irvinerealtorsite.com/Northpark/Brentwood/BrentwoodC3029.JPG">double tandem 4 car garage</a>. You can put a lot of stuff in the rear of that garage. Though no wide driveway.</blockquote>
Nice. You could even turn one of those spaces into a casita/mother-in-law room.

That model is actually a great floorplan, bk-style garage and the layout of the living spaces both upstairs and downstairs is decent. I wish Warmington built these in QH.

I wonder where else in Irvine I can find these.

not in love with the master bedroom being right above the garage. that's ideally where an optional room should be located, not the primary bedroom of the home.

I'm 50/50 on where the MB is located.

Not sure what disadvantages there are but some advantages are whoever is downstairs can't hear what's going on up there. By the same token, if you're in the MB... you don't really hear any other noise from downstairs (such as kids watching TV really loud). According to bk... it's not over the kitchen so that's a plus... unless being over the garage is worse (well... there's that whole structurally unsound thing).

Ideally, it should be a one story house, with the master bedroom in the rear, away from the noise of the street (unless there's a significant view, then arrange the master accordingly). My house is like that, with the master in the rear. Even though it's a corner lot, with one of the two streets having a fair amount of traffic, the master is dead silent with the door closed. It's also safer in terms of having a car crash into your house-better it ends up in your living room sofa than your bed with you asleep in it.

bk is right in that the garage ideally should not have a room above it, for structual/earthquake safety reasons, as he mentioned in a previous post.

Back