What is your favorite International ETF or Mutual Fund?

Alright my IHB friends. Panda's mom needs some advice and help.

My mom had made a big mistake by buying BRICs and China fund back at the peak of 11/2007 listening to a smooth talking broker in Korea. She did not tell me about this until she purchased the funds, and i have scolded her many times that she should not be touching any Asian stocks at her age. Her portfolio was down about 70% in March of 09. She did promise me that she will never touch stocks again, in return, I did promise her that as her loving son, I would tell her when to sell to recoup as much of her losses as possible so that mamma Panda can retire in peace. On Wednesday, I called her broker in Korea to get the details of what she bought. Back in 11/2007, She invested about 150,000,000 won which is equal to $122,729.50 USD, and as of yesterday her funds are down about 30% at 105,685,884 won which is equivalent to $86,344.67 USD.

Her Allocation is as follows:

40 % in China/Hong Kong - similar holdings of FXI

40% in BRICs - similar holds of EEM

20% in Korea - similar holds of Matthew Korea

I wanted to tell my mom to sell now, but i wanted to get some IHB professional trader's advice opinion before I gave her any advice.

Thank you Bondtrader for your sound advice.

I also wanted to get some advice from other professionals here. Graphix, your advice is welcome.

aka Panda

Seems that Bondtrader is only one who responded of helping my mamma Panda. My mamma Panda is on a China Airlines Plane that is on fire and it is Panda's duty to land mamma Panda safely on the ground. OK BT, I am seeing that the Shanghai Index is at 3005, I will be slowly easing out 90% of her China/Hong Kong positions when it reaches 3200 and above. CNBC will give you all the propaganda about the Chinese economy. Bondtrader, will give you the "REAL THING".

[quote author="PANDA" date=1252923563]Seems that Bondtrader is only one who responded of helping my mamma Panda. My mamma Panda is on a China Airlines Plane that is on fire and it is Panda's duty to land mamma Panda safely on the ground. OK BT, I am seeing that the Shanghai Index is at 3005, I will be slowly easing out 90% of her China/Hong Kong positions when it reaches 3200 and above. CNBC will give you all the propaganda about the Chinese economy. Bondtrader, will give you the "REAL THING".</blockquote>

lol, mamma Panda will be ok with such a great son taking care of her.

[quote author="BondTrader" date=1252968320][quote author="PANDA" date=1252923563]Seems that Bondtrader is only one who responded of helping my mamma Panda. My mamma Panda is on a China Airlines Plane that is on fire and it is Panda's duty to land mamma Panda safely on the ground. OK BT, I am seeing that the Shanghai Index is at 3005, I will be slowly easing out 90% of her China/Hong Kong positions when it reaches 3200 and above. CNBC will give you all the propaganda about the Chinese economy. Bondtrader, will give you the "REAL THING".</blockquote>

lol, mamma Panda will be ok with such a great son taking care of her.</blockquote>

Hahaha... thanks BT!

[quote author="PANDA" date=1252968988][quote author="BondTrader" date=1252968320][quote author="PANDA" date=1252923563]Seems that Bondtrader is only one who responded of helping my mamma Panda. My mamma Panda is on a China Airlines Plane that is on fire and it is Panda's duty to land mamma Panda safely on the ground. OK BT, I am seeing that the Shanghai Index is at 3005, I will be slowly easing out 90% of her China/Hong Kong positions when it reaches 3200 and above. CNBC will give you all the propaganda about the Chinese economy. Bondtrader, will give you the "REAL THING".</blockquote>

lol, mamma Panda will be ok with suck a great son taking care of her.</blockquote>

Hahaha... BT, are you talking about "such" or "suck" ? Zovall and my BIG Mamma is going to get over there to whoop your butt for not keeping this PG-13.</blockquote>

Oooooops, I was watching Obama on CNN while typing.....

Back