What is the environment of the various Irvine high schools?

[quote author="gypsyuma" date=1253748966][quote author="ksb1" date=1249690141]Thanks! I've been reading the posts - would love to hear more feedback!

</blockquote>

Ok, you asked for it......

I have read these posts and your thread starter, and I think this is all poppycock!

"Oh please..... tell me a good school, but not one that is TOO good, because I don't want my precious daughter to not be at the top of her class."

What a bunch of bull!

And this nonsense about the parents being pushy if your kid goes to UNI. I will be a UNI parent in a couple years, and I am about as laid back and low maintenance as they come.

Some people REALLY overthink things.</blockquote>

Clearly I have offended you since we don't think alike. BTW, we live in that area in Fremont!! I do NOT want to move to another ultra competitive area where cheating is rampant and kids have no life outside of academics, and that is my right, isn't it? It doesn't work for us, and not because I want my kid to be at the top of her class. HUH? I want my kids to be happy - THAT is my motive.

[quote author="ksb1" date=1254226035][quote author="gypsyuma" date=1253748966][quote author="ksb1" date=1249690141]Thanks! I've been reading the posts - <strong>would love to hear more feedback! </strong>

</blockquote>

I have read these posts and your thread starter, and I think this is all poppycock!

"Oh please..... tell me a good school, but not one that is TOO good, because I don't want my precious daughter to not be at the top of her class."

What a bunch of bull!

And this nonsense about the parents being pushy if your kid goes to UNI. I will be a UNI parent in a couple years, and I am about as laid back and low maintenance as they come.

Clearly I have offended you since we don't think alike. BTW, we live in that area in Fremont!! I do NOT want to move to another ultra competitive area where cheating is rampant and kids have no life outside of academics, and that is my right, isn't it? It doesn't work for us, and not because I want my kid to be at the top of her class. HUH? I want my kids to be happy - THAT is my motive.</blockquote>

If you seem to think a certain school is better or not for your kid, then fine, it's a free country. But when it turns into how all the kids at that school you don't like are snobbish.... yadayada..... and all the parents there are demanding beeatches.... yadayada.... then what the heck do you think a parent with a kid there would feel like?

Take your kid and go where you think they will thrive, please by all means. But isn't it a little immature to call names when you are half-way out the door?

So sorry to have offended you too, but I thought I read above that you wrote "Would love to hear more feedback!" I guess that only means if it is someone that agrees with you. My bad. Carry on then.... as you were saying? What other HORRID things are there about the kids and parents at UNI High.... tell us, tell us more. Do they have the nerve to drive nice cars too?

[quote author="gypsyuma" date=1254231009][quote author="ksb1" date=1254226035][quote author="gypsyuma" date=1253748966][quote author="ksb1" date=1249690141]Thanks! I've been reading the posts - <strong>would love to hear more feedback! </strong>

</blockquote>

What a bunch of bull!

Clearly I have offended you since we don't think alike. BTW, we live in that area in Fremont!! I do NOT want to move to another ultra competitive area where cheating is rampant and kids have no life outside of academics, and that is my right, isn't it? It doesn't work for us, and not because I want my kid to be at the top of her class. HUH? I want my kids to be happy - THAT is my motive.</blockquote>

If you seem to think a certain school is better or not for your kid, then fine, it's a free country. But when it turns into how all the kids at that school you don't like are snobbish.... yadayada..... and all the parents there are demanding beeatches.... yadayada.... then what the heck do you think a parent with a kid there would feel like?

Take your kid and go where you think they will thrive, please by all means. But isn't it a little immature to call names when you are half-way out the door?

So sorry to have offended you too, but I thought I read above that you wrote "Would love to hear more feedback!" I guess that only means if it is someone that agrees with you. My bad. Carry on then.... as you were saying? What other HORRID things are there about the kids and parents at UNI High.... tell us, tell us more. Do they have the nerve to drive nice cars too?</blockquote>
They don't have to wear uniforms like I had to at Mater Dei...wouldn't it be cool if they the kids at Uni and the other Irvine high schools had to wear uniforms. Think about how much money that would save parents in terms of clothing and the kids dont have to pick out what they are gonna have to wear (I liked that part).

[quote author="graphrix" date=1254245323]AAAAACCCCCKKKKK!

That is all I have to say.</blockquote>

And you'll notice I've been noticeably silent as well. Lessons have been learned.

Back