What is happening to the Republicans?

nosuchreality said:
Exactly, Mimi supported Trump.  The RINOs supported Katie.

Katie is now there.

As long as the Trumpettes are clamouring, the RINOs will vote blue.

By that reasoning, if Katie supports Biden but Biden has horrible support himself, that means Katie will be voted out.

I don't vote that way. I bet lots of other people vote for the person who is running and how they voted, not whether they support the president or not.

Huffpost: Rep. Lauren Boebert?s Campaign Gets The State She Represents Wrong

The campaign of Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.) mistakenly identified her as a representative of Utah in a report submitted to the Federal Election Commission on Thursday. 

An earlier version of the report for the campaign?s third quarter of 2021, filed Oct. 15, listed Boebert?s state as Colorado. A revised version was filed Thursday and changed the state and district from Colorado 03 to Utah 03, among other amendments. Following Forbes? report, the filing was edited again on Friday to say Colorado.
https://news.yahoo.com/rep-lauren-boebert-campaign-gets-042350158.html

lol

Katie Porter is extremely articulate in her hearings, but she does not represent the majority views of her constituency. She doesn?t even work in D.C., which either shows how effective she is or how poor the other candidate option has been. However, she wins elections because the second candidate is either lesser known or uses divisive issues to become known. Once known, that same candidate loses the moderate ?deciding? voter.

Kangen.Irvine said:
Katie Porter is extremely articulate in her hearings, but she does not represent the majority views of her constituency. She doesn?t even work in D.C., which either shows how effective she is or how poor the other candidate option has been. However, she wins elections because the second candidate is either lesser known or uses divisive issues to become known. Once known, that same candidate loses the moderate ?deciding? voter.

What I know is that I heard not one word about Katie Porter until re election time and then poof, she was all over the internet with her campaign. It's hard to unseat an incumbent if things are going well unless they manage to do something that really upsets people like Mimi did. She managed to shoot her own self voting to remove SALT deductions. Obamacare vote didn't do anything to anyone since it didn't pass. SALT did, plus her town hall issues.

nosuchreality said:
morekaos said:
Know you can?t comprehend this but Trump is the Republican Party now so these RINO?s are just dems in sheep?s clothing..they?re all yours..enjoy!

And that is why Katie Porter now sits as US Representative of the 45th district.

?and that?s why Youngkin is Governor of Virginia. The last remnants of the old republic have been swept away?
https://youtu.be/4xnD85_nYI0

I feel like we always categorize candidates as ?democrats? or ?republicans?. Why can?t we vote based off of the candidates policies and changes that they plan to make in congress over ones political party?

I really don?t care if someone is a republican or democrat. It all comes down to what policies they will implement when elected that I care about.

But that is exactly what you have. No republican would put forward this build back better boondoggle just as no democrat would put forward a tax cut. They bifurcate quite clearly along those party lines.

morekaos said:
But that is exactly what you have. No republican would put forward this build back better boondoggle just as no democrat would put forward a tax cut. They bifurcate quite clearly along those party lines.
They already have a bi-partisan infra bill that is already passed by the senate. So yes, there are republicans that support the infra bill. What they don?t support is the social spending bill.

Also, the tax cut jobs act had democrat support in order for it to go through and be in effect when Trump was president. So yes, there are democrats that support tax cuts.

sleepy5136 said:
I feel like we always categorize candidates as ?democrats? or ?republicans?. Why can?t we vote based off of the candidates policies and changes that they plan to make in congress over ones political party?

I really don?t care if someone is a republican or democrat. It all comes down to what policies they will implement when elected that I care about.

Because the two parties have rigged the Senate and House rules so that the two parties control who sits on which committees and those committees can choke everything.

IMhO, the Virginia race is simple, McAuliffe gaffed.  Youngkin going played the race thing, railed on a non-existent CRT in school and Mc literally said parents shouldn?t be listened to.  Honestly, the Republican mantra was protection from the  big bad democrats indoctrination machine and the Dem said parents need to shut up.

New Jersey is more interesting.

Minneapolis voted down police reform, aka defund the police.

Republicans "tax cut" was a scam though. Just shifting taxes from red states to blue states.  My taxes went up.  And the "middle class" tax cuts are all temporary.

fatduck said:
Republicans "tax cut" was a scam though. Just shifting taxes from red states to blue states.  My taxes went up.  And the "middle class" tax cuts are all temporary.

Basically we generated a lot (like a lot) of federal tax revenue and got penalized because we live in California. 

sleepy5136 said:
morekaos said:
They already have a bi-partisan infra bill that is already passed by the senate. So yes, there are republicans that support the infra bill. What they don?t support is the social spending bill.

Also, the tax cut jobs act had democrat support in order for it to go through and be in effect when Trump was president. So yes, there are democrats that support tax cuts.

Both got a smattering of support from the other side but neither was Proposed by that side.  The ideological lines are very clear.

morekaos said:
sleepy5136 said:
morekaos said:

Both got a smattering of support from the other side but neither was Proposed by that side.  The ideological lines are very clear.

What are those two sides?

Favoritism and over reach versus fuck you I got mine and grift?

nosuchreality said:
morekaos said:
sleepy5136 said:
morekaos said:

What are those two sides?

Favoritism and over reach versus fuck you I got mine and grift?

Pretty much...thats capitalism in its pure form.

Capitalism is not shifting tax revenue from several regions to another region.
Capitalism is not offering farmers money because of the self inflicted trade war.

eyephone said:
Capitalism is not shifting tax revenue from several regions to another region. So states who have no state income tax can fund irresponsible spending of those that do?
Capitalism is not offering farmers money because of the self inflicted trade war. like subsidizing unprofitable ventures (like Solyndra and Tonapah) to back a specific narrative?

Back