What is being developed across from Cypress Village/ adjacent to WBE?

Irvine is no Newport. Newport > Irvine south of 405 > Irvine between 405 and 5 > Irvine north of 5, in terms of land value.

test said:
kinetics said:
The Motor Court Company said:
So it costs more to build $/sqft and needs to be charged less $/sqft, it is probably not worth it for extra money they make by building more units.

If that is the case, then why were the 3 story setups so popular in certain tracts of Quail Hill, Turtle Ridge, Columbus Grove, and Tustin Field?  The only reason I could think was to make more $$$ for the land space that they have.

The land value difference exceeded the construction cost difference.  Ever go down to Newport Beach?  All the homes along the coast are 4 stories.

Irvine is no Newport. Newport > Irvine south of 405 > Irvine between 405 and 5 > Irvine north of 5, in terms of land value.
Dang... did you just diss Woodbury, Stonegate, Portola Springs and Lambert Ranch in one shot.

Meanie!!!

Yes I am dissing my own neighborhood. The closer to the ocean, the higher the land price in general.

irvinehomeowner said:
Dang... did you just diss Woodbury, Stonegate, Portola Springs and Lambert Ranch in one shot.

Meanie!!!

ur sandwiched between 2 low density zones... ur piggie backing to the max, so of course there is gonna be a big premium $/sq ft hahhaha

But is one of those low-density zones that mythical community that I've been hearing about since my childhood but never gets developed?  :p 

irvinehusky said:
But is one of those low-density zones that mythical community that I've been hearing about since my childhood but never gets developed?  :p

hush... that is the stuff of legends... the realm of sauron... one does not simply walk into orchid hills...

test said:
kinetics said:
So it costs more to build $/sqft and needs to be charged less $/sqft, it is probably not worth it for extra money they make by building more units.

If that is the case, then why were the 3 story setups so popular in certain tracts of Quail Hill, Turtle Ridge, Columbus Grove, and Tustin Field?  The only reason I could think was to make more $$$ for the land space that they have.

The land value difference exceeded the construction cost difference.  Ever go down to Newport Beach?  All the homes along the coast are 4 stories.

not sure about irvine, but it seems to me that in los angeles, if given a choice, once per sq/ft of land starts exceeding 360-375 usd's developers like to start building vertically rather than horizontally... the only counter action to this is city zoning which is the only thing prohibiting developers to do as they please... but with IP being so powerful in irvine, if they really wanted to change zoning densities, they probably could =_=;; sigh...

i think irvines getting there but not quite there yet... kind of like why that "urban" living they pushed around john wayne airport didnt do too well (think it was called central park west)... i remember the townhomes there were all 3 stories...

give it a few years and let $/sq ft appreciate a bit more and i think we will be seeing a lot more 3-4 story townhomes popping back out again...

test said:
kinetics said:

s,
Being a resident of newport (cdm), I agree about the land value but in terms of quality of life I am tired of the tourists, dumpster divers, the traffic on ECH, the "police state" presence of newport beach police officers ticketing us to death, and annoying summer renters, not to mention the lack of any good sushi/chinese/korean food. We are shopping for a home in Irvine (been lurking here for awhile - love all the posters' comments) and have been to Laguna Altura, Woodbury, Stonegate and soon Potty Springs. We currently have a "work out" house with 3 stories, and since my home office is on the third floor I get to run up>down>up>down all day long. Patterson construction, house is 3 yr old, we bought it new.  Tired of this area, it's very stressful and not luxe.  Won't miss it a bit. We are ready for the planned communities of Irvine living.

bella said:
s,
Being a resident of newport (cdm), I agree about the land value but in terms of quality of life I am tired of the tourists, dumpster divers, the traffic on ECH, the "police state" presence of newport beach police officers ticketing us to death, and annoying summer renters, not to mention the lack of any good sushi/chinese/korean food. We are shopping for a home in Irvine (been lurking here for awhile - love all the posters' comments) and have been to Laguna Altura, Woodbury, Stonegate and soon Potty Springs. We currently have a "work out" house with 3 stories, and since my home office is on the third floor I get to run up>down>up>down all day long. Patterson construction, house is 3 yr old, we bought it new.  Tired of this area, it's very stressful and not luxe.  Won't miss it a bit. We are ready for the planned communities of Irvine living.
See... it is possible that people who actually live in Newport would choose to live in Irvine instead.

Great post, bella, and welcome to TalkIrvine.

world chaos said:
not sure about irvine, but it seems to me that in los angeles, if given a choice, once per sq/ft of land starts exceeding 360-375 usd's developers like to start building vertically rather than horizontally... the only counter action to this is city zoning which is the only thing prohibiting developers to do as they please... but with IP being so powerful in irvine, if they really wanted to change zoning densities, they probably could =_=;; sigh...

i think irvines getting there but not quite there yet... kind of like why that "urban" living they pushed around john wayne airport didnt do too well (think it was called central park west)... i remember the townhomes there were all 3 stories...

give it a few years and let $/sq ft appreciate a bit more and i think we will be seeing a lot more 3-4 story townhomes popping back out again...

CPW is at $435/sqft
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,1356.msg45848.html#msg45848

nah haha... i think someone on the forums posted this link awhile ago when it first came out... think it was ps9... credit goes to him

Back