What is being developed across from Cypress Village/ adjacent to WBE?

scubasteve

I was wondering if anyone knew what was being developed directly across the street from CPV (Area in between school buses and WBE). Are they building more houses or apts in that area?

Also, how about the area where the RV homes used to be (other than railroad underpass)?  From the freeway, I can see that they cleared a lot of land along the 5 freeway.

Long back I had seen a city plan which claimed that section along sand canyon between OCTA bus station and WBE was to house
a shopping area. Grocery store/  some type of child care etc. I'm sure i saw it here in talk irvine. Maybe the thread was related to
cypress village or was called PA 40 or something.

scubasteve said:
I was wondering if anyone knew what was being developed directly across the street from CPV (Area in between school buses and WBE). Are they building more houses or apts in that area?

Also, how about the area where the RV homes used to be (other than railroad underpass)?  From the freeway, I can see that they cleared a lot of land along the 5 freeway.

homer_simpson said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
blocks said:
"Irvine Co. is exploring various options for the site ".......  housing ???
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/traveland-343245-irvine-mcmahon.html
4-story detached motorcourt homes with 1 foot set-backs?

ooOo I can't wait to buy!!
I can see it now....garage and hallway to stairs on level 1, kitchen on level 2, living room on level 3, and bedrooms on level 4.  One good thing about this kind of unit, you won't need to diet as much because you'll be getting some great exercise everyday.

USCTrojanCPA said:
homer_simpson said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
blocks said:

I can see it now....garage and hallway to stairs on level 1, kitchen on level 2, living room on level 3, and bedrooms on level 4.  One good thing about this kind of unit, you won't need to diet as much because you'll be getting some great exercise everyday.
It will probably be:

1: Garage
2: Kitchen + Great Room
3: Secondary Bedroom
4: Master

Or for more family friendly

3: Master + Secondary bedrooms
4: Loft/Extra bedroom

USCTrojanCPA said:
homer_simpson said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
blocks said:

Wood flooring, granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances, designer paint and wall paper, custom closets and granite(?) on the garage floor. API 10 schools with high math score. A price tag of 750k, and a guard, a gate, and few swimming pools. This is the life! (Did I miss anything?)

USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinehomeowner said:
They should also add a 6x6 shaft in the center for an elevator. :)
That'll be an upgrade option.  ;)
And they can do upgrades for the elevator... carpet, tile or wood floor... carpet, tile or wood sides... stainless steel doors... etc etc etc. :)

Ka-ching for TIC!!

you guys need to stop - TIC probably has not thought about this before; if we see this product in the near future TI, specifically you guys, will be to blame.

I think there is a four level condo in Woodbridge.
North Park and Quail Hill also have workout floor plans. Not sure if they are 3 floors, or 4.

well this is not as straightforward as going higher to squeeze in more houses.

From the hedonistic analysis presented in IHB a long while back, 3 story homes adds negative value to the house, everything else being equal. It also costs more to build 3 story homes because of structure integrity requirements, which I guess is more prevalent in earth quake zones like Southern California.

So it costs more to build $/sqft and needs to be charged less $/sqft, it is probably not worth it for extra money they make by building more units.
The 2 story, narrow lot and motor court setup is pretty much as efficient as it can get. to squeeze more, the setbacks need to be reduced (see Mendocino as prime example) or more homes added to the motor court. Perhaps a mixture of 2 story and 3 story homes on the same motor court can be used - the homes closest to the street, already with location premium, can be built with 3 story and side entrance (the 3rd story being a LOFT/game room) and a hefty premium can be charged. Another idea is to have semi-attached homes - the garages being attached but the living areas are all detached.

Other small features that appease to Asians can also be employed. Downstairs en-suite bedroom for the grandparents, Lotus toilet seats, Wok kitchens...etc. 

The Motor Court Company said:
So it costs more to build $/sqft and needs to be charged less $/sqft, it is probably not worth it for extra money they make by building more units.

If that is the case, then why were the 3 story setups so popular in certain tracts of Quail Hill, Turtle Ridge, Columbus Grove, and Tustin Field?  The only reason I could think was to make more $$$ for the land space that they have.

The experiments in  Quail Hill, Turtle Ridge, Columbus Grove, and Tustin Field show that there is less appeal for 3 story homes as the resale market developed and single story homes are in good demand. Are there any 3 story homes being built since 2010 in Irvine? The answer is no and the only exception is Casero plan 3 with the man cave.

Obviously we will never ever see brand new single story homes built in Irvine unless it is custom.

kinetics said:

If that is the case, then why were the 3 story setups so popular in certain tracts of Quail Hill, Turtle Ridge, Columbus Grove, and Tustin Field?  The only reason I could think was to make more $$$ for the land space that they have.

Obviously we will never ever see brand new single story homes built in Irvine unless it is custom.

you are probably right, but i dont know that i would rule this out in irvine. if someone like the new home company bought some land i could see them doing an exclusive gated community with all single story homes for asians with older parents, or just aging people in general - it will be their way of differentiating themselves from the regular TIC offerings, of course there would be a significant premium, but i could see someone doing it.

qwerty said:

you are probably right, but i dont know that i would rule this out in irvine. if someone like the new home company bought some land i could see them doing an exclusive gated community with all single story homes for asians with older parents, or just aging people in general - it will be their way of differentiating themselves from the regular TIC offerings, of course there would be a significant premium, but i could see someone doing it.
I would love to see something like this offered in Irvine and would happily pay a premium for it.  One story ranch style house with a 3-4 car garage.  I know, probably a pipe dream...Orchard Hills maybe...sadly probably would be cost prohibitive for normal folk.  Still would love to see it.

kinetics said:

The land value difference exceeded the construction cost difference.  Ever go down to Newport Beach?  All the homes along the coast are 4 stories.

Back