What do you want to ask the Irvine Company?

[quote author="momopi" date=1248734781]

Lake front homes = $$$!</blockquote>

My good friend who bought a lake front home with private dock in Lake Elsinore in 2006 would disagree with that statement.

What are the Irvine Company's plans for developing the hills by Silverado Canyon and Irvine Lake? I have noticed countless Irvine Co. signs along fences out there.

Truthfully describe the relationship between the Irvine Company and the Irvine City Council.

[quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1248739882][quote author="momopi" date=1248734781]

Lake front homes = $$$!</blockquote>
I don't think the price premium of living next to a "flake" will make up for the lost money of building more stucco boxes in that same space. The maintenance of a lake seems pretty costly... sure, they can pass that on to the HOA but it just seems like they would rather squeeze in more homes than a body of water. Plus I don't think the FCBs really have much desire for waterfront... just 99Ranch-front.

Maybe they'll have room for a "flake" over in the Great Park area.</blockquote>

Especially in Irvine. It's clear the Irvine Company would never give up land for a lake. Heck, they won't give up land for proper sized lots.

Why would TIC give up anything? Their goal is to maximize value. If that means higher density, a lake, or more garage, then they will build it. Put yourself in their shoes, the more they sell, the higher the price, the more profit.

If nobody would buy their stuff, then they would have to make changes, but people are buying Ivy and poeple will buy other developments because you are buying IRVINE. That's there their value is, it's a trademark, they build that name and made it a really strong brand. They are a great company and do what it takes to stay on top. Kudos to TIC.

Of course, I wish TIC would give me half an acre and a 4,000 sq.ft. house for cheap, but that ain't gonna happen. As long as someone outbids me, I must wait and wait for my turn. Depends how many suckers are still out there, but I would not be entirely surprised if there is too many suckers out there. At some point I'll just pick my best alternative, don't know what it will be, but we'll see then.

[quote author="SweetOrangeHousing" date=1248603701]Developers have been having trouble selling new construction for some time now. However, the available units in phase one of Woodbury East's Ivy development, which has condos of approximately 1100 to 1500 square feet and prices that matched the smaller size, sold out shortly after the grand opening. With this in mind, will the Irvine Company be putting more emphasis on developing smaller and, therefore, more affordable homes in the near future? This is an option that is currently sparse in Orange County and not given much attention during the building-boom years.

Also, (and this is the question that I am most interested in) who were the buyers of these Ivy homes: young families, young professionals, empty nesters, investors?

In addition, do you think the main selling point of the Ivy homes in Irvine was the smaller size and, therefore, more affordable price? If so, do you think that this strategy would work as well in other Orange County cities? Does the Irvine Company have any of these smaller, more affordable options on the drawing boards for other Orange County cities or other Irvine locations?

Finally, if you think that the smaller and more affordable feature was not the main selling point, what other feature do you think made the Ivy condos so desirable?

Thank you for the opportunity to ask these questions.</blockquote>

The last 11 years all the detached products under 1,800 sf were my prototypes such as the detached condos, 3rd story attics, and detached apartments. There is not another person on the Irvine Ranch who can invent clever compact products that also make $$$. Because of my IHB affiliation I have been black listed from future projects.

I may expand my horizon to TIC's competition such as the Great Park with Lennar and possibly the Mission Viejo Company to offer them my creativity. What do you think IHBers?

I think TIC should hire you instead. But if they don't want to, then it's their loss and you should take your talents elsewhere.

"And? one final note: I understand why you maximize land value, and stuff as many stucco boxes as you can on the land, but for the love of all things holy? there are SEVERAL people here who want to have a decent lot with some freakin privacy."

Thanks for saying what so many of us have been thinking for years! And I would bet it's more than "several". I'm not saying they should provide such a product on the cheap, but at least offering such product would be a nice change from the pseudo-urban density available now. There's a reason I don't live in LA...

<blockquote> SweetOrangeHousing - 25 July 2009 08:21 PM

<em> Developers have been having trouble selling new construction for some time now. However, the available units in phase one of Woodbury East?s Ivy development, which has condos of approximately 1100 to 1500 square feet and prices that matched the smaller size, sold out shortly after the grand opening. With this in mind, will the Irvine Company be putting more emphasis on developing smaller and, therefore, more affordable homes in the near future? This is an option that is currently sparse in Orange County and not given much attention during the building-boom years.

Also, (and this is the question that I am most interested in) who were the buyers of these Ivy homes: young families, young professionals, empty nesters, investors?

In addition, do you think the main selling point of the Ivy homes in Irvine was the smaller size and, therefore, more affordable price? If so, do you think that this strategy would work as well in other Orange County cities? Does the Irvine Company have any of these smaller, more affordable options on the drawing boards for other Orange County cities or other Irvine locations?

Finally, if you think that the smaller and more affordable feature was not the main selling point, what other feature do you think made the Ivy condos so desirable?

Thank you for the opportunity to ask these questions.</em>

<blockquote>The last 11 years all the detached products under 1,800 sf were my prototypes such as the detached condos, 3rd story attics, and detached apartments. There is not another person on the Irvine Ranch who can invent clever compact products that also make $$$. Because of my IHB affiliation I have been black listed from future projects.

I may expand my horizon to TIC?s competition such as the Great Park with Lennar and possibly the Mission Viejo Company to offer them my creativity. What do you think IHBers? </blockquote></blockquote>

Interesting info. I look forward to learning more about your work in general. Also, I would be especially interested in any Great Park plans that might develop. Thanks for the input.

Why is there no hamburger restaurant at Quail Hill mall? There is every kind of food there, but no burgers. Need to get "The Counter"or a similar upscale burger place into one of those vacant spaces.

[quote author="Anonymous" date=1248759242]Why is there no hamburger restaurant at Quail Hill mall? There is every kind of food there, but no burgers. Need to get "The Counter"or a similar upscale burger place into one of those vacant spaces.</blockquote>

I haven't been for a couple of years so who knows if it's still there, but the Hawaiian place used to have hamburgers and I thought they were pretty good.

[quote author="ABC123" date=1248759676]In addition to my earlier request of wanting bigger trees, I would like to see more yellow flowers planted.</blockquote>

3 petals, 12 petals or 16 petals? Annual or perennial?

[quote author="Anonymous" date=1248759242]Why is there no hamburger restaurant at Quail Hill mall? There is every kind of food there, but no burgers. Need to get "The Counter"or a similar upscale burger place into one of those vacant spaces.</blockquote>

The rent is so high the Burger would need to be $ 25.00 to break even.

[quote author="bltserv" date=1248760483][quote author="Anonymous" date=1248759242]Why is there no hamburger restaurant at Quail Hill mall? There is every kind of food there, but no burgers. Need to get "The Counter"or a similar upscale burger place into one of those vacant spaces.</blockquote>

The rent is so high the Burger would need to be $ 25.00 to break even.</blockquote>

Huh? The only restaurant gone busto in that mall so far has been the downscale one (Quizno's), the other restaurants are all doing fine. So you'd want an upscale burger place, not a cheapo one. Lunchtime the mall is packed. And most of the lunches are a lot less than $25.

Counter burger, yummy, must eat .... <A href="http://www.thecounterburger.com/menu/">http://www.thecounterburger.com/menu/</A>

[quote author="Anonymous" date=1248761415][quote author="bltserv" date=1248760483][quote author="Anonymous" date=1248759242]Why is there no hamburger restaurant at Quail Hill mall? There is every kind of food there, but no burgers. Need to get "The Counter"or a similar upscale burger place into one of those vacant spaces.</blockquote>

The rent is so high the Burger would need to be $ 25.00 to break even.</blockquote>

Huh? The only restaurant gone busto in that mall so far has been the downscale one (Quizno's), the other restaurants are all doing fine. So you'd want an upscale burger place, not a cheapo one. Lunchtime the mall is packed. And most of the lunches are a lot less than $25.

Counter burger, yummy, must eat .... <A href="http://www.thecounterburger.com/menu/">http://www.thecounterburger.com/menu/</A></blockquote>

Heard lots of good stuff about that place, might hit it up tonight. Any recommendations?

If you are going to join us at 7:00 p.m.... here's the information again:

The call-in number is <span style="color: blue;"><strong>877-269-7289</strong> </span>

You will be asked to enter a PIN, which is <span style="color: blue;"><strong>13113</strong></span>. That allows you to listen to the conversation.

If you want to ask a question, hit <span style="color: blue;"><strong>*3</strong></span>

[quote author="IACRenter" date=1248772905]Anyone listening to the conference now?</blockquote>

Yep. Up and running here.

can someone ask him about Agran role in the Great Park. How does Agran, former mayor of Irvine become chairman of the Great Park?

Back