What do you want to ask the Irvine Company?

[quote author="Irvinian" date=1248773207]can someone ask him about Agran role in the Great Park. How does Agran, former mayor of Irvine become chairman of the Great Park?</blockquote>

The call-in number is 877 269-7289. Callers will be asked to enter a PIN, which is 13113. That allows them to listen to the conversation. If they want to ask a question?and Dan will remind people of this periodically?they need to hit *3. They can also e-mail questions to Dan at info@cardinalhq.com

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1248770445]If you are going to join us at 7:00 p.m.... here's the information again:

The call-in number is <span style="color: blue;"><strong>877-269-7289</strong> </span>

You will be asked to enter a PIN, which is <span style="color: blue;"><strong>13113</strong></span>. That allows you to listen to the conversation.

If you want to ask a question, hit <span style="color: blue;"><strong>*3</strong></span></blockquote>

bump

[quote author="25inIrvine" date=1248774159]Did IR lock Graph somewhere?</blockquote>

It sounded like there were a few dropped calls. Was one of them you, Graph?

Thanks to IR for getting the call set up.

Ok, so how did you all feel the call went?

I thought Dan was great. I have a lot of respect for him and TIC. Not sure those who can?t afford Irvine will like what he said but to those who can, what?s there to argue.

I thought it went well. I appreciate Dan's straight-forwardness. I thought he was a lot more forthcoming than I would expect from a typical large corporate behemoth. For me, at least, he humanized TIC. I really appreciate his outreach to our online community and I hope he'll consider doing it again.

I like how he said he moved to Coto to be closer to the wilderness yet he has no problem bulldozing the hills and cramming far too many homes into a tiny space for Laguna Crossing and Orchard Hills.

I thought he did a good job. I liked that he gave a timeline for the PS, OH, and Laguna Crossing communities and I have to say that I agree with him on the walking trail thing. I was kinda shocked that someone would think that the walking trails suck here because they're actually quite nice. My $.02...

I WAS keeping my fingers crossed to hear "Hi..my name is Graphrix and seriously, WTF?"

Can anyone post the highlights of what was discussed? Or will this site provide a full recording where we can listen to it ?

That was a great call... I missed the beginnings of it.. what is the time frame for PS and OH...

did anyone else detect any subtext?

For instance:

your graphics are not scientific = your charts (graph) are not reliable

the IE does not build any schools = the IE is a bunch of idiots, unlike us

we are a unique city = Irvine will be completely insulated from the macro economics of the country

we are agnostic with our buyers = money talks, whoevers gots the mula gets a house

we are absolutly facinated with new technologies such as social media and blogs = we didn't see this coming, but need to get up to speed

just thought of more...

the level of education, and respect of education here in Irvine is astounding = only smart people like in Irivne, you're smart to want to live here

people who buy new houses here already live here; they got on the housing ladder = better start climbing the Irvine ladder or be priced out forever

[quote author="roundcorners" date=1248779932]That was a great call... I missed the beginnings of it.. what is the time frame for PS and OH...

did anyone else detect any subtext?

For instance:

your graphics are not scientific = your charts (graph) are not reliable

the IE does not build any schools = the IE is a bunch of idiots, unlike us

we are a unique city = Irvine will be completely insulated from the macro economics of the country

we are agnostic with our buyers = money talks, whoevers gots the mula gets a house

we are absolutly facinated with new technologies such as social media and blogs = we didn't see this coming, but need to get up to speed</blockquote>

It is interesting that Dan said they are agnostic to their home buyers, while their retail division seems to have a reputation of contrary to that.

Here is a recording of the phone call:

Sorry, the quality isn't great and its broken up in parts cause the program I used to record froze at the beginning.

<a href="http://www.filefactory.com/file/ahgdabc/n/Part_2_mp3 ">Part 2 - The last 50 minutes</a>

<a href="http://www.filefactory.com/file/ahgdad5/n/Part_1a_mp3 ">Some of beginning</a>

<a href="http://http://www.filefactory.com/file/ahgdae4/n/Part_1b_mp3">Other part of the Beginning</a>

I believe Part 1b can be completely skipped as 1a and 2 overlap and cover what is in it. But I added it just in case

If someone who called in and asked a question can answer -- were your questions pre-screened by anyone (such as the person who took your name) before you made it "on the air"?

Although I did not get a chance to listen in. I hope that the Irvine Company does not see IHB as an adversary but the honest voice representing the people in both constructive and non constructive criticisms. TIC can hire the best consultants in the world but the company will never hear the truth presented because the consultants will sweeten up the charts and report to cater what TIC what to hear. TIC's employees will keep quiet for job stability obviously. In order for housing and communities to succeed learning from the commoners could be more valuable than textbooks.

The last emperor of the Qing dynasty was surrounded by his high officials. The little boy asked what were the explosion noises outside the forbidden city walls. The officials replied the (gun) noises were from the fireworks celebrating your highness but in fact the dynasty were about to be overthrown. The best emperors were the one who secretly left the forbidden city in disguise as commoners to be among his people so they could really experience the real world and learn from his people.

I appreciate Mr. Young for making a great gesture to acknowledge the intellects here at IHB and recognizes how valuable a site like this could provide information that no money can buy to help TIC designing better products for the people.

[quote author="roundcorners" date=1248779932]That was a great call... I missed the beginnings of it.. what is the time frame for PS and OH...

</blockquote>

Timeframe is they will not start new villages until current ones are completed.

(start listening around 5 minutes on part 2)

priority 1...complete woodbury, woodbury east, portola springs 1 and 2...beginning in 2010

he inserted big disclaimer of "this is assuming we start moving out of the recession in 2010"

"stonegate might open up in 2011 or 2012"

he made it clear though not to expect anything until the other 3 incomplete villages are finished

[quote author="jumpcut" date=1248776780]I thought it went well. I appreciate Dan's straight-forwardness. I thought he was a lot more forthcoming than I would expect from a typical large corporate behemoth. For me, at least, he humanized TIC. I really appreciate his outreach to our online community and I hope he'll consider doing it again.</blockquote>

Those are my thoughts as well.

I was expecting less information and more evasion, but I am pleasantly surprised. I hope Dan does this again.

When you think about social media and how they work, this forum and the blog works like an amplifier increasing the reach and effectiveness of messages. When we believe we are getting real information from real people, we will pass that information on all our new friends as they come into our community and explore. Most of us get involved with social media because we like to help, and answering questions about Irvine is easy for us because we are the residents.

People researching Irvine as a place to live are going to find this blog and forum, particularly with the SEO power of over 100,000 comments and over 1,000 daily visitors. It helps all of us to have accurate information available, and I appreciate that Dan and the Irvine Company gives us this information.

Over time the community will debate the accuracy, discuss the implications, and digest the information. Months from now, a newbie will ask, "When will Stonegate open?" and we will be able to respond, "We were told 2011-2012 by Dan Young from the Irvine Company" (Dan, you need a funny handle and an avatar). It won't feel like a rumor or a press release -- it is real information from a real person.

The scary part about embracing social media is that you lose control of the message. From a marketing perspective, it is worse than herding cats. It is worth the effort to get involved because the power of these networks to influence decisions is remarkable.

Oh I did like the part about him planning on Mello Roos to be cheaper in the future and his explanation on how it got so high.

I did wish the subject of bigger lots/yards/driveways/garages etc. would have came up

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1248781617]Although I did not get a chance to listen in. I hope that the Irvine Company does not see IHB as an adversary but the honest voice representing the people in both constructive and non constructive criticisms. TIC can hire the best consultants in the world but the company will never hear the truth presented because the consultants will sweeten up the charts and report to cater what TIC what to hear. TIC's employees will keep quiet for job stability obviously. In order for housing and communities to succeed learning from the commoners could be more valuable than textbooks.

The last emperor of the Qing dynasty was surrounded by his high officials. The little boy asked what were the explosion noises outside the forbidden city walls. The officials replied the (gun) noises were from the fireworks celebrating your highness but in fact the dynasty were about to be overthrown. The best emperors were the one who secretly left the forbidden city in disguise as commoners to be among his people so they could really experience the real world and learn from his people.

I appreciate Mr. Young for making a great gesture to acknowledge the intellects here at IHB and recognizes how valuable a site like this could provide information that no money can buy to help TIC designing better products for the people.</blockquote>

Nice try. But you're still black listed, Bk. Haha! j/k

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1248776139][quote author="25inIrvine" date=1248774159]Did IR lock Graph somewhere?</blockquote>

It sounded like there were a few dropped calls. Was one of them you, Graph?</blockquote>

I lost track of time and forgot about the call. It wasn't until 8pm that I realized I had missed most of it. Plus, to be honest, I really don't see myself buying in Irvine, as I have my heart set on N. Tustin. I doubt TIC would ever build a product I would want, since I am more of the minority in what I truly desire most. However... 3 car garages are FTW and I will have one. I thought it was more important to let you guys (those who really want to live in Irvine) have your time with him, rather than have me rant about lot sizes and having privacy so I never have worry about seeing IHO walking around his house in his tighty whiteys. Ugh... I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

I will listen to 25's recording of the call, and judging by the comments from RC, I might have interjected at the point where he said something along the line of Irvine being special and so is the price. Because, I would have loved to remind them just how well that worked out for them in the 90s with Newport Coast. Huge buyer pools disappeared then just as they are now. Thanks 25 for recording it.

Even if I didn't listen in or have listened to the recording, a big thanks to IR and Dan for putting this together. The feedback so far has been great, and I hope this leads to more involvement from TIC in the IHB community.

One last thing... another reason for me not participating is that I would really... really... want to ask why they chose to no longer do business with BK. He has designed some of the finest products in Irvine, and no one... and I mean NO ONE will be able to replicate his skills and attention to detail. Especially since they chose Bassenian/Lagoni as their lead designer. Seriously, they will have trouble selling certain plans to the demographic that finds feng shui important, when they will have floor plans that will have you sleeping on a bed of fire while you get sh*t on every time you come through the front door only to have your money going flying out of it. Go see Brightwater yourself, they designed a few with all those faults in it. There are also several other practical things that B/L neglects in the detail of their designs that drive me nuts.

Back