What city would you live in other than Irvine?

What city would you live in other than Irvine?

• Tustin Ranch

Votes: 23 54.8%
  • North Tustin

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Santa Ana

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Costa Mesa

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Fountain Valley

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Aliso Viejo

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Mission Viejo

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Lake Forest

• Foothill Ranch

• Rancho Santa Margarita

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Coto De Caza (for awgee)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Laguna Niguel

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Other (please indicate)

Votes: 12 28.6%

• Total voters
Wait.. I thought this was thread on "What city would you live in other than Irvine?" Patrick Star.. you crack me up.. how in the world do you know about these songs? My wife and I are both scratching our heads? 

CK, ask your wife if she heard of FINKL and SES during her UCI days. These are the girls who first started the whole girl k-pop movement in the mid 90s.

[youtube]8XrnhhmTN9E[/youtube]

[youtube]9DNHbf8gaMI[/youtube]

Patrick Star said:
Irvine2Irvine said:
Here's a K-pop group being "CUTE" and the same group being "SEXY" on their very next video.

Why does it have to be in two different videos? The kpop guru's at JYP can get Bad Girl/Good Girl all in one song:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TeeJvcBdLA[/youtube]

BTW...this is I believe the #1 song in Korea as we speak.  See how on point the kpop fans of Talk Irvine are?

I only feel "SEXY" on this video.  And I mean it in a GOOD way.  So many good videos, so little time...  My wife is starting to roll her eyes on all the "girl group videos" I am watching on the web.  She is either really jealous  or thinks I am pathethic!! :(

jumpcut said:
Great vids...thanks for posting, Panda.  You have to admit this subject is a lot more interesting than the umpteenth poll on "What city would you live other than Irvine?"  What a surprise, the winner was Tustin Ranch, the area closest (but no cigar) in look, feel and geography to Irvine.  <yawn>
Why ya' gotta hate? Sorry I'm not up on the latest asian girl pop group.

As you know the community here is actually quite different than when it was on the IHB... everyone else jumped over to the "more interesting" forum. At least over here you have people who will talk about these videos, since it would only be you, FE and PS over there. You need to get Coltrane hooked on these things because he's got quite the google-fu skills when it comes to finding galpegs.

I'm actually surprised by Tustin Ranch's dominance, considering West Irvine didn't get a single vote for Favorite Irvine 'hood... they are basically the same thing, same school districts and with WI, you have an Irvine address and lower or no HOAs... weird.

Patrick Star said:
jumpcut said:
btw, what were you doing on here at 8:39, right in the middle of Music Bank?

Lol..Multi-tasking, of course.  Sunday evening is pretty standard at our house -- Taiwan entertainment show "Super Spy" (which Mrs Star has to translate for me b/c they don't subtitle) and then flip to KBS for Music Bank.

And I2I, I'm lucky that MissA (in the video) is one of Mrs Star's favorite groups right now (along with fx) because they each have a Chinese/Taiwanese member. So I have to endure watching that group all the time in my house.  Oh damn.

Lucky you!!!  Just don't make it so obvious that you enjoy the videos more than your wife ...

Patrick Star said:
Panda said:
Wait.. I thought this was thread on "What city would you live in other than Irvine?" Patrick Star.. you crack me up.. how in the world do you know about these songs? My wife and I are both scratching our heads? 

C'mon Panda...you forget where I live. Cox cable in Irvine has like 3 Korean channels on the basic HD package.  But then of course we also have plenty of Taiwanese TV.  I hear Yao Yao is the next big thing in Taipei.  The Koreans don't have the corner on that market. And yes, she does know those.  If they fall under the kpop category, she knows it.  ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8Osj77g3sY[/youtube] 

I think time has past for Yao Yao.  She was the big thing a while ago but I have stop hearing about her.  She is super popular among all the "Stay Home Guys"(translation from Chinese) aka video game playing all day nerds...  She is also know to have the face of an angel and the body of the devil (also a translation from Chinese)  :) 

So that's the meaning behind your screen name? Interesting.

I'm looking at your avatar and thinking "Hmm... bar scene... then bedroom scene". Makes it even funnier.

We just bought (in escrow) for a 3CWG house in Tustin Ranch in a community that has only 3CWG houses...woot. We looked everywhere in Irvine, and found what we were looking for in Tustin Ranch.

To me, the two cities are equivalent in terms of lifestyle and promiximity to various places that we go to, but that's just me. I don't put any premium on the Irvine brand over Tustin Ranch, which isn't that much cheaper than Irvine, for sure.  One thing though...I don't have to talk or brag about how good irvine schools are, since I'll be in TUSD  :-X.

irvinefanboy said:
We just bought (in escrow) for a 3CWG house in Tustin Ranch in a community that has only 3CWG houses...woot. We looked everywhere in Irvine, and found what we were looking for in Tustin Ranch.

To me, the two cities are equivalent in terms of lifestyle and promiximity to various places that we go to, but that's just me. I don't put any premium on the Irvine brand over Tustin Ranch, which isn't that much cheaper than Irvine, for sure.  One thing though...I don't have to talk or brag about how good irvine schools are, since I'll be in TUSD  :-X.

Congratulations on your new home! Tustin Ranch is a great location and the schools are excellent.

Which tract did you buy in?

I'm assuming you are paying over $800k... I can't find a decent newer 3CWG in Irvine or Tustin Ranch for less than that.

Congrats... and I'm jealous... enjoy your 3rd garage and your super wide driveway.

Can i ask how big your mortgage is on that Tustin Ranch 3 car garage? Are you able to sleep at night?  :-\

IHO...you're right, it's not under 800k.  How I wish it were under 800k...maybe end of the year?

I've waited 3+ years for the 40% drop in prices that IHB predicted, but it never materialized. For better or worse, buying now means low interest rate but high price.

It is what it is, so I'm not going to complain. All I can say is that I am thankful that my wife and I can afford a 3CWG. Based on my own calculations, it costs me about 7k/year more to buy this house than renting my current house, but I am doubling my square footage and lot size. That seems to be a fair tradeoff.

As for what tract, it's El Dorado. Every single house has a 3 car garage. I don't care what bkshoppr thinks...3 car wide garages are yummy.

Yeah... TR is just as bad as Irvine when it comes to pricing.

But you knew the factors and as long as it fits your affordability ratios and the timeframe on how long you plan to stay there... more power to you.

I slobber in your general direction.

Oh... and there is a 2-car plan in El Dorado... the smallest, plan A.

I personally like Plan 3 the best... upstairs laundry + master retreat.

They look like Standard Pacific homes... so I envy you more.

irvinefanboy said:
IHO...you're right, it's not under 800k.  How I wish it were under 800k...maybe end of the year?

I've waited 3+ years for the 40% drop in prices that IHB predicted, but it never materialized. For better or worse, buying now means low interest rate but high price.

It is what it is, so I'm not going to complain. All I can say is that I am thankful that my wife and I can afford a 3CWG. Based on my own calculations, it costs me about 7k/year more to buy this house than renting my current house, but I am doubling my square footage and lot size. That seems to be a fair tradeoff.

As for what tract, it's El Dorado. Every single house has a 3 car garage. I don't care what bkshoppr thinks...3 car wide garages are yummy.

I've looked at many homes in that tract--very family friendly gated neighborhood. You are just down the road from some great TUSD schools--Pioneer Middle School and Peters Canyon Elementary. I also like the proximity to the Peters Canyon trail.

Yeah... looks like he whiffed on that one... not too many share his sentiments.

Which brings me to his comments to me on yesterdays blog... which is a new thread here.

I was actually thinking pretty seriously about buying an LV condo for a while but I had hoped that my friend would rent it from me - his parents had the same idea so they snagged him first.      Stuff I was looking at was breakeven or slightly cash flow positive there but I think the super transient population probably makes it a crappy place to be a landlord, and for anyone who really wants to buy there are and will continue to be tons of available property.

And then hte stuff that really is desirable like stuff on the strip is also QUITE expensive still and still very heavily saturated.  So I backed down from the idea and I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything but risk. 

Back