What are you craving for right now?

8e9d99aa.jpg

I think Voodoo Donuts started it all.. featured awhile ago on Bourdain's show, maple bar with bacon..

I would think thin, crispy bacons would work well.. thick cut ones might be too chewy for the soft donuts...

The talk of the maple & bacon reminds me of something I'm not craving! The Bacon Shake at Jack In The Box. It sounded like one of those weird things which would be good. I thought it was totally disgusting. I was wiping my tongue off after one sip. The mister likes it, though. There are no chunks in the shake. Just a sickeningly sweet bacon flavor. I dry-heave thinking about it.

homer_simpson said:
I'll test it out. Smoke maple bacon in a
maple bar :)
Did you ever try it? I saw this at the Donut Star on Alton in Irvine and had to take a picture of it for you. They say they've been selling it for a while... you're laggin' Homer!

33ubq0z.jpg

Where is Homer's donut place, if there is one? We have a donut initiation ceremony this weekend- by chance found out that little one has never tasted donut  :-\

This website is giving me an identity crisis. I'm too white to recognize 3/4 of that food in Homer's photo (what the heck are those orange balls - eggs?) yet I am too Asian for the stupid grocery store here who does not carry the fish sauce and Mochiko rice flour I went shopping for which every store in south OC should have - c'mon now. I had to substitute oyster sauce and some kind of overpriced hippie rice flour in the organic aisle. 

Cubic Zirconia said:
Where is Homer's donut place, if there is one? We have a donut initiation ceremony this weekend- by chance found out that little one has never tasted donut  :-\

Yes, please do post or PM the address so we may stalk you at our convenience.

SoCal78 said:
Cubic Zirconia said:

Yes, please do post or PM the address so we may stalk you at our convenience.

Exactly! We don't have to go to the game and wonder who is who :p

From what I understand, Homer is rarely at his Donut Star... and... since his isn't in Irvine... I'm never there either.

You can search TI for the location (he's mentioned it a few times) but not sure if he still wants to share the location publicly so you might want to PM him.

I wonder if anyone has thought about making "gourmet" donuts locally... like those $4+ cupcakes we see everywhere. I think I've seem some Food Network shows with places making outrageous donuts.

irvinehomeowner said:
From what I understand, Homer is rarely at his Donut Star... and... since his isn't in Irvine... I'm never there either.

You can search TI for the location (he's mentioned it a few times) but not sure if he still wants to share the location publicly so you might want to PM him.

I wonder if anyone has thought about making "gourmet" donuts locally... like those $4+ cupcakes we see everywhere. I think I've seem some Food Network shows with places making outrageous donuts.

Cupcakes! I started my diet exactly four hours ago, and looks like I will be off it in the next four hours.. need to get out of this thread, ASAP.

IHO, did you buy that bacon doughnut and eat it? I wonder if they thought it was strange that this weird guy is snapping away, taking a pic of their doughnut especially if you didn't take it home with you.

Back